Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

can I just ask if you will be using both devices going forward, or will you pick your fave and stick with that?

Jackie xx
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Ladies,

can I just ask if you will be using both devices going forward, or will you pick your fave and stick with that?

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie!

Do you mean both devices as in both STOP and the Dot Matrix RF machines?
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie!

Do you mean both devices as in both STOP and the Dot Matrix RF machines?

Yes, sorry!

Jackie xx
Photopro
5% products discount

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am      Reply with quote
For myself, I'll be sticking with Stop. I saw good results with the RF dot matrix, but more with Stop.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I personally would no doubt choose stop over the RF dot matrix device but the RF device is a great buy for $100. The stop just seems more high grade, high level treatment and will probably yield better results over time. I think I will use the stop for the whole treatment period and then just use the RF in between to touch up my problem areas (eye). I sort of like the stamping method around the eye area.

I love my stop though.

So I got my glycerin, came early. It seems to work fine! It really allows the device to slide around the skin easily, much easier than the gel. The gel seems to dry out and needs to be reapplied to keep the treatment going well, a thin layer of glycerin is all you need an it slides with ease. So I definitely prefer glycerin over the gel.

One thing I noticed though, I feel like the glycerin may allow the skin to heat up quicker or something. I noticed when I was practicing with the glycerin that the orange light came on a lot quicker and seemed to stay on more consistently, meaning the skin kept up to temp more so than it did with the gel. With the gel, I could do a section of my face, move on, and then go back to the same section minutes later and it would take a while for the orange indicator light to come on, with the glycerin, I can do a small section, light goes orange, and then move on, and when I return to that section, the orange light comes on so quickly. So maybe the glycerin is trapping the heat in more so than the gel? Which is probably a good thing for thermage correct?

I hope the glycerin wont hurt the device at all, I doubt it will considering the gel contains glycerin, however pure glycerin is obviously an oil rather than gel. I'm sure it's fine, I guess the orange indicator light just puzzled me a little.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Great, thanks for the info,

Jackie xx
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 am      Reply with quote
No problem Jackie!

If you're in the market for a STOP, look on ebay, plenty of new and used ones for $200-300. New ones still retail for $400 most places.
Photopro
5% products discount

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone would care to comment on using their Stop, especially long-term users.

I've used it on face, neck, chest and hands, and am pretty pleased after about two weeks.

I've used LED before and was pleased with it, but the plumpness and tightening seemed to be a temporary thing. So far this has seemed to last. According to the maker, it is supposedly tightening collagen upon application, and then there will also be long-term results as new collagen is made.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for STOP users/owners.

Does your STOP device make a noticeable light buzzing when on and using? My devices seems to buzz, my friends device (got on eBay from UK) does not buzz, it's completely silent.

Anyone notice a buzz sound with theirs?
Photopro
5% products discount

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I've noticed a very low buzz. Still loving it, BTW.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Photopro wrote:
Yes, I've noticed a very low buzz. Still loving it, BTW.

Thank you for verifying, yeah my buzz is also pretty low, just constant, wanted to make sure my stop or her stop wasnt defective but hers seems to work just fine.

The uk stop is built different, I compared them side by side.

The uk stop is slightly slimmer, the bottom head cover has a smaller footprint. The pollogen font is different too. The green indicator light is longer on the uk one, it reaches the top where you plug, whereas my other one is short. Also the orange light comes on in a much different fashion on the uk one. It sort of blips on, instead of mine where it stays on until you move. The uk one blinks on and then off immediately, seems that the thermometer is much more sensitive on the uk one, also a weird thing about the thermometer, the uk one the thermometer sticks out farther. The power supply is slightly different too. Both devices seem similar, although I swear her uk one feels like it heats up the skin faster.

I still love mine too! I love it with glycerin, much better than the gunky gel. And cheap as sin.
clpersonal

Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 am      Reply with quote
So i bought the STOP and POSE. Just used twice on my face and once on my saddle bag/tummy. I have no problems using the STOP at the highest setting on my face, it is quite mild. However, i can only use the medium setting for the POSE on my body. At High setting, I cant tolerate it long enough or the orange light to come on.

I hope to report back good results soon!
BLONDEdotcom

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I've been following along forever and have finally ordered a Stop - at a great price! Can't wait for it to get here so I can join in with my results.

Also hoping to find a deal on the Pose, as well. If anyone has any links or reliable sites, that would be appreciated.

I love all the DIY beauty routines and try to take good care of myself... everything from face exercises to copper peptides. Work has been crazy the last two years and I've slacked big time but am re-dedicating myself to making time for my health and happiness. Smile
e.a.b.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had success with the tripollar stop minimizing malar bags? I've been using the baby quasar for the past few months and although it's helped with skin tone a lot, it hasn't done much for the bags. It seemed like some doctors use radio frequency to treat malar bags so I thought this might be a good at-home option.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi i am just wondering if everyone still getting good results from the stop for skin tightening. I have noticed some slackening in my face cheeks jaw line and want a home use device and feel the stop fits this ? Has anyone got really good persistent results with this ? I use retin a copper peptides vitamin c microcurrent treatments once a week dermaroll every 6 weeks all this for years and still sagging.I especially have noticed a big difference in the last year in skin slackening especially since my hormones have become a bit mad. Even after all the stuff i have put on my face for years and years all the treatments i have done hoping to slow it down a lot but none of it has done what i had hoped. So is the stop the best for my loosening jaw line? xx
thinkforms
5% products discount

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
How do you clean your tripolar?
I have been using alcohol wipes but I swear it made me break out bad
Quendelyn

Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, love this Forum so informative. Anyway I bought a Tripollar Stop from Ebay. How do I know if it is authentic? I was looking at the websites that say they are the manufacturers, but there are 2 of them. So I wasn't willing to spend full price not knowing which was the Real Deal. Smile Anyone selling theirs?
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I would sell mine. I've had it a couple of years but maybe used 2 times. I'm lazy and I've had fillers so I'm afraid that it would deplete that. $250 + $10 shipping (I think I paid $350 plus)
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Stop and its on its way. Do we use it everyday?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |