Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Am I Masking too Much?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
i was into sheet masks about 2 years ago, but then i converted to abandoning it, convincing myself that cream masks / gel masks are better absorbed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

whitening

i try all sorts of whitening masks under the sun, and here are those in my current stock

1) royal concubine whitening mask (a small HK brand which probably no one here would heard of)
2) sekkesei brightening massage cream mask
3) shiseido brightening massage cream
4) NTP whitening mask ( again, another tiny brand available in HK. it is said to be a japanese brand, i dont see it anywhere when i was in japan, lol)

hydrating mask

hhmm, there are quite a number of good ones, and i am currently using

1) avene soothing mask (cheap!)
2) thalgo quenching mask ( ooooo, miss its melty texture)
3) elemis exotic moisturizing cream mask (good, but expen)
4) HABA 2 way jelly (strangely, it markets itself as a deep cleansing mask, but it does not deep cleanse AT ALL, but rather leaves my skin supple and translucent afterward. But will not purchase again)
5) i tried valmont renewing pack, and REALLY want to like it. but it does nth to my skin. Sad Sad

deep cleansing

1) Ghassoul mud powder bought from japan. It is voted by japanese magazines as THE! BEST! deep cleansing and pore minimizing mask for 4 years Wink tried it, and gotta agree to that
2) my new found love, valmont purifying mask. i like it's cooling effect when i have it on, and how it pulls ALL, i repeat, ALL my blackheads on my nose to the surface, and i can get rid of those buggers just by rubbing my nose !!

iaimei, how about u? oh, and does ur nick means u LOVE BEAUTY ( guess with my limited knowledge of pin yin, Laughing Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also do between 2-3 masks a week. One hydrating one, either 2 aspirin masks or 1 aspirin and 1 clay mask.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I only use mask once a week.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dd7,
yes you're right on about the nickname Razz

I agree with you that cream masks seem to be more moisturizing and long lasting effect. But I just love the simplicity of applying a sheet mask and enjoying the 20 -30 minutes down time when I have the mask on. I bought a whole year's supply of sheet masks last year on a trip to Hongkong and China, a variety of brands including Besilke (my favorite so far), sewame, olay's and some watsons bird's nest essence...I am running low now and really eager to know how could I replenish my inventory without travelling thousands miles.
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
cause I am too lazy to apply mask. I will do it once a week
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
hehe. i mask everyday as well.

whitening & whitening

or whitening and hydrating

or whitening and anti-aging

and deep cleansing mask once / twice a week

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hm, this sounds interesting. Which masks do you use? I'd love to know what you use for all these issues - whitning, hydrating, anti-aging and deep cleansing.
Thx! R. Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="rubby"][quote="dd7"]hehe. i mask everyday as well.

whitening & whitening

or whitening and hydrating

or whitening and anti-aging

and deep cleansing mask once / twice a week

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

Hm, this sounds interesting. Which masks do you use? I'd love to know what you use for all these issues - whitning, hydrating, anti-aging and deep cleansing.
Thx! R. Wink[/quote]

whitening

i try all sorts of whitening masks under the sun, and here are those in my current stock

1) royal concubine whitening mask (a small HK brand which probably no one here would heard of) it uses some chinese medicine. I apply it everyday coz it lightening my pimple scars.
2) kose sekkesei brightening massage cream mask. skin looks translucent afterward ! finished my 2nd tub.
3) shiseido brightening massage cream. skin looks translucent too !!!! on my first tub.
4) NTP whitening mask ( again, another tiny brand available in HK. it is said to be a japanese brand, i dont see it anywhere when i was in japan, lol)

I think the 2 massage masks from kose and shiseido are mild enough for every day uses, Razz Razz

hydrating mask

hhmm, there are quite a number of good ones, and i am currently using

4) HABA 2 way jelly (strangely, it markets itself as a deep cleansing mask, but it does not deep cleanse AT ALL, but rather leaves my skin supple and translucent afterward. But will not purchase again)
5) i tried valmont renewing pack, and REALLY want to like it. but it does nth to my skin.
6) want to try sothys !!!

deep cleansing

1) Ghassoul mud powder bought from japan. It is voted by japanese magazines as THE! BEST! deep cleansing and pore minimizing mask for 4 years tried it, and gotta agree to that
2) my new found love, valmont purifying mask. i like it's cooling effect when i have it on, and how it pulls ALL, i repeat, ALL my blackheads on my nose to the surface, and i can get rid of those just by rubbing my nose.

anti-aging

==> Alqvimia anti aging mask. It is a green powder, which has lots of algae. Algae, i was told, is known for its tightening effects. I mix the powder with rose water (or actually tap water will do), and apply the mixture on my face, leave it on for 30 mins, voila ~~ done. i have to admit that i dont see anti-aging / tightening effects, coz i am only 29 and notice no visible difference after using it. But i am hoping that with this mask, i wont have any visible difference on my skin when i am 35, or 45, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
hydrating mask

h, there are quite a number of good ones, and i am currently using

5) i tried valmont renewing pack, and REALLY want to like it. but it does nth to my skin.
6) want to try sothys !!!

oh, and how can i forget, i LOVE LOVE LOVE L'occataine honey comfort mask as well.. uummm........ want to lick it off !!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
iaimei

hey, i just found a chinese website which will ship paper masks overseas.

their brand are probably not known to us though -_-

see if u find anything u like :>
www.hotgel.com.hk

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
wow! dd7
you have used so many different brand mask!
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
iaimei

hey, i just found a chinese website which will ship paper masks overseas.

their brand are probably not known to us though -_-

see if u find anything u like :>
www.hotgel.com.hk

I've looked into the website, but it doesn't say they will ship overseas....
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Normally, for cleansing mask,once or twice a week.
for hydrating mask, it is OK to use it every day.
It really depends on the purpose of the mask and your skin type.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl

oh yes, i am an absolute addict as far as masking is concerned (u know it's typical among HK girls)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing i normally do 2 masks every other day :> :> :> :>

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
florli

hi wave i emailed them about possibility of shipping tp my friends (u guys) overseas, and their rep says they will :> :> :>

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
thank you dd7 Laughing

i'll see what they have got at their website then Think
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
i tried to mask everyday but could not keep up with it. Now doing it every 3 days with Eminence masques. Sometimes i double mask. E.g. Purifying, then hydrating masque.
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use masks depend on my skin conditions. Sometimes I will use masks everyday (but different types of masks, for example clay mask, sheet mask...etc)
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I get bored of masks, always forget and always in a hurry, ugh! That Valmont Purifying one sounds like something I need! Maybe a new one will encourage me to do more.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Said great. I use them twice a week. Should not too much.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I was never much into masquing until I tried the Intensive Clays Masques from PSF. They have two - one that is to Detox the skin & one to Hydrate. They are powdered Masques that you add your own liquid to. Well, I've become a mad scientist! Lol. It's addictive coming up with all these different recipe ideas. I wish they would come out with an antioxidant & firming masque though. Anybody know of a good antioxidant masque? No parabens please! Thnx!
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a mask addict, a serious addict. I do at least one and usually two [yes, 2] masks a night.

I am a follower of BIologique Recherche [BR] and use a lot of their masks - which can be mixed with each other.

A key mask is their BR Masque Vivant, which is a dark brown, smelly 'yeast' purifying and anti-age mask. Exceptional for smoothing, purifying and even hydrating the skin. I do it twice a week.

Then, there's their VIPO2 masque, which I mix with the Vivant, and also, mix with their BioMagic [ a clay mask]. That's purifying and smoothing. Then, there's their Visoelastine E, which is a non-drying hydrating mask.

I've tried the Valmont masks: the purifying, the famous Renewing pack - and neither did a single thing for me. I couldn't believe it, but - nothing. So, I also use Yon Ka's Clay masque for sensitive skin, which is a very good clay mask.

Oh- and Eve Lom has a fabulous sheet mask, a Brightening Mask - which is softening, hydrating, brightening. 10 stars.

And, I pick up a few other sheet masks - Karuna or whatever, just for fun. SK-II has a good sheet mask, but the Evo Lom one is, I think, better.

Then, there's Emma Hardie's Moringa cleanser, which is a fabulous 'cream-oil' cleanser - similar to the Eve Lom cleanser but better. It can ALSO be used as a hydrating mask, and it works very, very very well.

I've ordered, from another site, the Omorovicza Mud Masque. Just to try it.

As I said, I'm really addicted to usually TWO masks per night. My 'spa' time.

I'm also keen on serums for after that mask, followed by whatever cream.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I also use face mask 2-3 times a week. It helps my skin feel so smooth and the face mask I use has lots of benefits. It was nice knowing some of you has their mask too which is great for your skin.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Bought several new masks from PSF and IS clinical, now I want to do them everyday!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Different masks have different properties, and so I suppose you could easily rotate them if you did want to use them once a day, but it depends on your skin condition (dry, oily etc) and goals (bacterial cleansing, moisturizing, etc). However I know most of the pros seem to suggest using them 1-3 times a week purely for conditioning the skin. They warn against using it daily primarily because they suggest it makes the skin lazy and stops the skin from working and being healthy (and that put me off I'm too chicken with things like that).
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, that's an interesting comment that IF you use a mask everyday THEN, it makes your skin lazy. I really don't 'get' that.

After all, that would be like saying that IF you use a cream or cleanser or toner everyday, THEN, it makes your skin lazy.

But I do agree that one can really overdo harsh treatment of the skin, such as overdoing deep cleansing masks or drying or peeling treatments. And I admit I'm terrified of the 'dermaroller' and other types of treatment and won't go near them.

I use, as I said, at least one and often two masks a day. They are my 'spa' time. They are not harsh masks but, I think, nourishing masks.

So, Biologique Recherche's Masque Vivant is nourishing. Its Biomagic Mask is cleansing - but mild, and I make it milder by mixing it with their VIPO2 cream masque and a few drops of serum.
And so on. They are nourishing masks. And I use other masks as well - but I rarely use the hard cleanser masks since I don't need them. And again, they can be too strong. Then, I use the Biologique Recherche serums as well.

Now - do they work? That is, IF I didn't have this regime, would my skin be different? Of course, I don't know the answer to that! I don't know if my genes play a role.

I do know that mild cleansing - and the Clarisonic [which I suppose is the deep cleanser] - and really good products give me a smooth clear skin. And I have a tendency to oily, congested skin, but - with this regime, it's under control.

I think one has to work out one's own personal regime - and listen to one's own skin. Not easy to do with all the promises of perfection if you only use such and such product!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |