Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you use your Jojoba oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I just bought some jojoba last week and am loving it. It is excellent at removing eye makeup (mascara!) and works much better than the expensive makeup removers that I had been using.

I also use it in the evenings as a facial moisturizer. I mix a couple of drops of it with HA serum. Love it. Sinks in quickly and doesn't leave me feeling greasy.
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I mix my jojoba with a little bit of Apricot Kernel, some EO's (lavender, tee tree, lemon) and some vitamin E oil in a different bottle. I use this mixture on my face and neck.

I have some Grapeseed and Apricot Kernel that is plain (no EO's added) that I use for when I get out of the shower....better than any lotion or body butter I've ever used in the past!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use it to remove eye makeup and as a body moisturizer.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Used externally, Jojoba Oil can be used as a moisturiser for skin and hair, and used as a base for other essential oils and massage oils, benefits including –
* assist in fighting wrinkles
* promotes new cell growth
* non greasy
* non-irritating use for acne.
* Jojoba is anti-bacterial
* Jojoba Oil breaks down sebum in plugged-up pores.
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used avocado oil as a sun blocker? I have read somewhere it is wonderful as a moisturiser - especially the green colored oil.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I probably use more jojoba oil than any other.
I use it to remove my makeup.
Once a week, I give myself a facial with nothing other than jojoba oil and massage it in circular motions for 15 minutes to remove all the gunk from my pores.
I use it in my hair [along with camellia oil]
I use it as an after shower body oil

If I had to choose only one oil out of all my oils, it would probably be jojoba oil [sorry macademia nut and avocado oils!Smile]

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I tried jojoba oil on my face and it clogged my pores. Wonder why? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mars -- because we're all different, and the size of our pores is different. :->

Jojoba is my "go-to" oil, too. It is very close molecularly to human sebum. And the point of sebum is to keep it flowing. Jojoba definitely allows mine to do that. I use golden unrefined from GoW on my face with some few actives added as my basic night treatment. Beautiful stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response, Sidda. I'm using jojoba oil from Trader Joe's. I'm going to a derm next Friday. I'll ask him about it. Smile
Also, I use it on my lips instead of my Lips2Kiss Night Glaze. I hope I'm not interferring with my lip progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I started out with TJs jojoba -- and always have it on hand. Great stuff, too. They have very high standards for their HABA (Health and Beauty Aids, vitamins and such).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
i use jojoba on my hair as leave in conditioner.
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I apply it on my hair and eye lashes for their healthy growth!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I make an cleanser with it and also use it with my fasciablaser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oil can moisturize skin very well. The problem with blocking pores is that your skin is too dry. So when applying oil, you should moisturize your skin well, first fill your skin with water, then apply oil, and you won't clog the pore.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Jojoba oil has a lot of benefits. For one, is a humectant ingredient which means that it works to seal your skin with a protective barrier to keep it from losing moisture. It also contains antimicrobial and antifungal properties (and is a natural form of Vit E). It’s noncomedogenic which means its makeup is so similar to the oil (sebum) your body naturally produces that your skin can’t tell the difference (and so it will not block pores).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |