Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
MUAC vs Platinum skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
It seems Platinum skin care has better prices...these are the two companies I heard are good to buy chemical peels from. Is there a noticeable difference in their products for the price discrepancy? I'm looking to buy glycolic, lactic, salicylic, and maybe TCA if the others don't take care of my problems. Thanks.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know about the quality of the Platinum products but I've heard several times that they dont have good customer service. Things like not answering emails, shipping really late (weeks late)without notice.

I know from personal experience that MUAC has good customer service and I have been pleased with the peels I have purchase from them.
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
oooooh. wow, yeah, that will definitely be worth the small price difference. I can't deal with companies who can't even answer emails or get your stuff out on time. Thanks for the warning.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:
oooooh. wow, yeah, that will definitely be worth the small price difference. I can't deal with companies who can't even answer emails or get your stuff out on time. Thanks for the warning.

I just ordered the 30% glycolic acid peel from both Platinum Skin Care and MUAC. I ordered both on the same day, and received them in the mail the same day, which took 3 days total. I usually order from MUAC but the Platinum Skin Care GA peel looked good due to the lower pH. Have not used either one yet, but I did want to say that for me both places shipped out very quickly (next day after ordering).
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps Girlie Girl is referring to beautyplatinium.com - a company that definitely has horrible customer service exactly as she describes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Perhaps Girlie Girl is referring to beautyplatinium.com - a company that definitely has horrible customer service exactly as she describes

Nope, it was Platinum Skin Care that I heard bad reviews about the customer service. I think the issues arise when they are out of stock on something.
Sexi
5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the board, but I have ordered from both of these companies. Both time I ordered from Platinum skin care, I received my goodies on the 3rd working day. I had also called previously to my second order & customer service went very well.

Platinum Skin Care, I have always gotten an answer to my e-mails & phone calls, with no voice mails etc & fast shipping, (3 days & 4 days respectively).

I can only compare a few things. Glycolic Acid 30%, Platinum Skin Care, I could not tell I put anything on my face, no burn, no warm, no itch, nothing after 8 minutes. MUAC 30% Glycolic, (which I used for my 2nd treatment on day 5 after Platinum), I felt this baby go on, it did sting a little bit then itched. I rinsed it off at 5 minutes since I didn't want to really "Peel". I continued to do this using each product alternately & MUAC did appear to be stronger & did seem to work better.

Eye creams, used them both, MUAC's comes in 1 oz jars, cost more, but is cheaper/per quanity. After using them both, I do prefer Platinum Skin Care eye cream, it is soft, silky, absorbs quickly & does seem to plump fine lines. MUAC is a "harder" cream & I could never get it creamy enough to apply correctly, to much tugging & pulling which is bad for eyes. They say to let your finger soften it up a bit from the jar & "melt" it, but I guess I am to darned cold LOL.

The Above 2 things are the only ones I can compare that I have used the exact same product from both companies. I have used Platinum's Snap 8 serum & it is a HG thing for me with the Enzyme Mask. Based on my experience I would recommend certain things from each company.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sexi wrote:
I can only compare a few things. Glycolic Acid 30%, Platinum Skin Care, I could not tell I put anything on my face, no burn, no warm, no itch, nothing after 8 minutes. MUAC 30% Glycolic, (which I used for my 2nd treatment on day 5 after Platinum), I felt this baby go on, it did sting a little bit then itched. I rinsed it off at 5 minutes since I didn't want to really "Peel". I continued to do this using each product alternately & MUAC did appear to be stronger & did seem to work better.

Thanks so much for reviewing these 2. I wish you had posted about 1 week ago before I bought from both places! Laughing That is really interesting, as I thought the Platinum GA had a lower pH and would be stronger. That is a good approach on alternating them. I think I'll do that too!
Platinumskincare
5% products discount

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I dont know about the quality of the Platinum products but I've heard several times that they dont have good customer service. Things like not answering emails, shipping really late (weeks late)without notice.

I know from personal experience that MUAC has good customer service and I have been pleased with the peels I have purchase from them.

Hello, I am new on this board, but I feel that this post is most urgently directed to me, as I am the owner of Platinum Skin Care. ;D I would like to state very openly here that our number one goal at Platinum Skin Care is to take care of our customers *This includes shipping orders as well as accepting them. We are there to counsel anyone who calls us during business hours (emails after hours) Monday - Friday. All orders are pulled at 8:30am EST each and every day we are open and they are all shipped that very same day (pending holidays of course). I am so sorry to hear that someone is spreading negative rumors about us having "bad" service. WOW! That is absolutely opposite of where we stand - and I would have to say most of our customers know this. I am just here to reiterate. You can look for me adding comments and I hope to help many people in choosing the correct types of products for their faces - whether or not it is from Platinum Skin Care. ;D Thank you, Jennifer

5% products discount

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sei wrote:

Thanks so much for reviewing these 2. I wish you had posted about 1 week ago before I bought from both places! Laughing That is really interesting, as I thought the Platinum GA had a lower pH and would be stronger. That is a good approach on alternating them. I think I'll do that too!

Hello, I would definitely like to state that you should always wait at least 7-10 days before REapplying a chemical peel. Even a low percentage such as a Glycolic 30%. Even if you are not feeling or seeing active peeling it does not mean that the peel did not "work". Many people find a glycolic does not induce much visible peeling. I suggest a higher percentage or a lower pH level. I know that Platinum Skin Care's pH level on Glycolic 30% is a 2.1 and they use an alcohol that is not as "stingy" for lack of a better word to make the application less "irritating". MUAC's pH level is a 2.8pH. That is approximately a 10X difference in strength per pH point (the 2.1 being stronger). *Since you applied a peel in only a 5 day frame, the next peel will definitely "feel" more intense since some of the skin has been exfoliated already from your first peel. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Love, love, love MUAC they have great products, customer service, and frequent promotions if you get on there mailing list. I own so many different types of peels from MUAC and they all work just as well (if not better because I'm the one doing it) than treatments at the salon.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
ladyjade

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I found this thread after googling "Platinum Skincare vs Makeup Artist's Choice", as I've had a couple of bad experiences with Platinum Skincare in the past, and have wanted to try a different company.
For all I knew, Makeup Artist's Choice's customer service was worse, so I wanted to see what former customers have said (and a comparison of the products would definitely be nice).

To me, the response posted by Jennifer (owner of Platinum Skincare) suggests that those who have anything negative to say about her company are liars. Pretty tacky, in my opinion.

One example of the poor customer service I've received from her company:

Over the past several years, I've placed a few orders with her company. With one order, one of the products arrived leaking. This was TCA - you don't want that stuff leaking!
I contacted her company. They were slow to resolve things. She acted like she didn't believe me, the responses were slow, requiring me to follow-up with her, and she eventually begrudgingly sent a small bottle of TCA to make up for what had leaked out of the bottle.

I'm sure she gets customers who attempt to try to scam her and claim that there was an issue with a product received when that isn't the case. I am not one of those people, and was offended by how she treated me. There was no valid reason for her to believe that I was attempting to scam her. I contacted her immediately regarding the issue, and was polite.
Since that experience, I've wanted to find another company, but wasn't sure who to order from. Some companies look more legitimate than others. The last thing you want to do is put TCA on your face that some random person mixed up in their kitchen.

Over the past few years, I've seen various positive statements online about Makeup Artist's Choice, so I recently decided to test their customer service by asking them a couple of questions. Their response was fast and professional.
As other people seem to have had good luck with their peels, I'm going to try them.

I have no affiliation with any company that sells, markets or manufactures peels. I simply had to comment after I saw Jennifer's response, acting like her company has exceptional customer service. I beg to differ!
Word gets around if a company doesn't treat it's customers right, and for an owner to act like anyone who has anything negative to say about her company is simply spreading "negative rumors" suggests to me that she's either in denial or has no desire to improve her attitude and level of customer service.
The peels weren't bad; I just refuse to continue to support people like her by purchasing from them.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Platinumskincare wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

Hello, I am new on this board, but I feel that this post is most urgently directed to me, as I am the owner of Platinum Skin Care. ;D I would like to state very openly here that our number one goal at Platinum Skin Care is to take care of our customers *This includes shipping orders as well as accepting them. We are there to counsel anyone who calls us during business hours (emails after hours) Monday - Friday. All orders are pulled at 8:30am EST each and every day we are open and they are all shipped that very same day (pending holidays of course). I am so sorry to hear that someone is spreading negative rumors about us having "bad" service. WOW! That is absolutely opposite of where we stand - and I would have to say most of our customers know this. I am just here to reiterate. You can look for me adding comments and I hope to help many people in choosing the correct types of products for their faces - whether or not it is from Platinum Skin Care. ;D Thank you, Jennifer

Thanks for clearing this up, as a MUAC customer, I will absolutely be checking your products out!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |