Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

your favorite beauty tool
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
yee

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

1. Dermawand everyday (great for puffy eyes)
2. Quasar SP every 4 days
3. UP5 (microcurrent/galvanic) every 7 - 14 days

dear boski,

hello, I am yee, I am 38 and just bought a up5 unit, notably to reduce my acne scars and pigmentation. Am hoping the vitamin c mode will help.

Since you are an earlier user, can i ask? For the cleansing mode, can I use any kind of water-based cleanser? also, do you feel the microcurrent when you put the vibration to no-vibrating mode? I kinda have a suspicion this baby only projects vibration and not microcurrent cause there is no pulsing sensation at the no-vibration mode.

I guess i am just having post-purchase blues. Thanks for replying, you take care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
yee wrote:
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

1. Dermawand everyday (great for puffy eyes)
2. Quasar SP every 4 days
3. UP5 (microcurrent/galvanic) every 7 - 14 days

dear boski,

hello, I am yee, I am 38 and just bought a up5 unit, notably to reduce my acne scars and pigmentation. Am hoping the vitamin c mode will help.

Since you are an earlier user, can i ask? For the cleansing mode, can I use any kind of water-based cleanser? also, do you feel the microcurrent when you put the vibration to no-vibrating mode? I kinda have a suspicion this baby only projects vibration and not microcurrent cause there is no pulsing sensation at the no-vibration mode.

I guess i am just having post-purchase blues. Thanks for replying, you take care.

Yes, I use my regular cleansers (non-oil) with the cleansing mode. I never turn off the vibration mode. The mfgr's website claims it provides electrical iontophoresis (which I take to be the same as microcurrent) in the lifting mode. Maybe you have to in vibration mode though.

http://doctorstech.com/@english/sub/product/up5/main.php#

Give it try for a couple months. If you aren't happy, I'm sure you can sell it on Ebay or somebody on this forum.

Good luck!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
You sure could. Lol... Very Happy Boski, thanks for posting the link to the company and manual -- are you in Europe? I'm in the US and a bunch of us are interested in purchasing the UP5 but are having difficulty finding a seller that will ship to the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
You sure could. Lol... Very Happy Boski, thanks for posting the link to the company and manual -- are you in Europe? I'm in the US and a bunch of us are interested in purchasing the UP5 but are having difficulty finding a seller that will ship to the US.

I'm in Texas actually. I bought my unit in February 2006 from WinHealth UK. At that time, they DID ship to the US and sold the adapter for it. They stopped shipping to the US sometime after that. I would send an email to the mfr and ask where to buy if you are in the US. Seems they would be interested in having a distributor here.
yee

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Boski babe,

Hi, this is yee again. Thanks for your quick reply. Forgot to ask you, how much you got your UP5 for? and, when you are not using the up5, do you put it back on the charger with the charger on? the manual that came with my unit sucked. The language was terrible. For instance, it said "frequent full discharges remarkably deteriorate the performance." What the heck does that mean? that I must charge the up5 every single time I finished using it, and keep the charger on all the time? what say u? Anyways, am glad you like your up5. Girl, the korean company should employ you as their spokesperson, the amount of interest you generate about this baby is astounding, take care. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
yee wrote:
Boski babe,

Hi, this is yee again. Thanks for your quick reply. Forgot to ask you, how much you got your UP5 for? and, when you are not using the up5, do you put it back on the charger with the charger on? the manual that came with my unit sucked. The language was terrible. For instance, it said "frequent full discharges remarkably deteriorate the performance." What the heck does that mean? that I must charge the up5 every single time I finished using it, and keep the charger on all the time? what say u? Anyways, am glad you like your up5. Girl, the korean company should employ you as their spokesperson, the amount of interest you generate about this baby is astounding, take care. Very Happy

Hi Yee,

I was charged 116 pounds, which I guess is about 232 US dollars last year. I keep it on my charger all the time. I get a chuckle at the translations too. The worst ones seem to be from Taiwan. The UP5 brochure and website is not the worse I've seen. But I'm sure if I tried to translate English into Korean, I would be unintelligible or laughable. Let us know how you do with it.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I own a Clarisonic and Dermawand.
After reading this thread, I feel like I am a beginner here. The needle roll seems interesting to me. Can someone explain more and is it suitable for a 26 year old?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Boski, I actually tried yesterday to order from the WinHealth UK site - playing dumb. The order went thru but I got an email awhile later cancelling stating:
Quote:
We have received and are processing the following order:, however the UP5 will not work on 110volt power supply. It also does not have FDA approval for sale within the USA. With regret we therefore are refunding back to your card the full value of the transaction.
So, I guess they're serious about not sending the UP5 to the US. Considering their statement that the UP5 is not FDA-approved for sale in the US would seem to block any distribution here until that changes.

I thought I'd just try and see what happened as I really WANT this device now. For the rechargeability, the eye lift, and especially interested in the sound component. Anyone remember those "bone phones" (name?) - when I was a teenager, a neighbor had this thingie that you hang around your shoulders and the music goes through you...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
If I decide to purchase the UP5, I'm going to have it sent to my friend in Birmingham and pick it up (use it, too, of course) while I'm there in July!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I'll have to work something out with you and your Birmingham friend, Scali?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Maybe I'll have to work something out with you and your Birmingham friend, Scali?!

Sure thing, toots! I should be able to squoosh two of those boxes into my luggage even though I do tend (ha) to travel as light as possible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I gave in and ordered the UP5, it arrived this morning. I couldn't stop laughing at all the little noises etc, very space age! Anyway, I wanted to ask how you girls use it, do you follow a set patern to cover the whole face ? or do you just sort of rub it over in a circular motion ? I noticed in the maual that it displays a sort of zig zag motion for the lifting mode, but I just wondered what users were find is the best technique ?
many thanks
Jackie x
yee

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Dear jackie,

Hi, this is yee. I bought my unit about two weeks earlier than you. I too am nervous about what kind of strokes to get the max benefit from this machine.

I tend to follow the motions outlined in the manual. My only divertion is the eye area. I use the "stroke out" motion instead of the "stroke-in" recommended by UP5 cleansing mode.

However, I realise my machine glides smoother if I use circular motions instead of straight strokes. I do this for my forehead and cheeks area.

Boski, what's your take? BTW, Jackie, how much did you get your machine for? I am doing cost comparison. I am from Malaysia. I think my unit cost the most, it's about US376. ouch. the length we go through in the name of beauty.

By the way, happy easter ladies. May we remember inner beauty is as important as ironing our faces. Blessings Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Yee, Happy Easter to you, too! I love that line about not forgetting inner beauty while we iron our faces. Laughing Too True! I am very much considering the UP5 and it will end up about $250 US so I should be thankful. Yours was almost double that!

Keep us updated on your progress as I'm very intrigued to see how all the UP5 users are getting along with their results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hey Yee and Jackie,

Happy Easter to you too!

I use a topical (facial oils work great) before I do the eye and lift modes, so it glides easier. I mix up the strokes, but generally use zig zags one pass and then alternate with straight upward sweeps on the forehead and cheeks, nasolabial folds, and from under the jaw line when doing the lifting mode. I use back and forth sweeping upstrokes on the upper and bottom eyelid areas in eye zone mode. Kind of making a "C" movement around the eye, if you can picture that. I don't go inward on the bottom as the manual suggests. Concentrate on the lifting the brow area. I use circular movements when I'm cleansing.

Make sure you peel off that clear plastic protective covering from the metal top portion on your unit. It's hard to see. That may help with the gliding.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
yee wrote:
Dear jackie,

Hi, this is yee. I bought my unit about two weeks earlier than you. I too am nervous about what kind of strokes to get the max benefit from this machine.

I tend to follow the motions outlined in the manual. My only divertion is the eye area. I use the "stroke out" motion instead of the "stroke-in" recommended by UP5 cleansing mode.

However, I realise my machine glides smoother if I use circular motions instead of straight strokes. I do this for my forehead and cheeks area.

Boski, what's your take? BTW, Jackie, how much did you get your machine for? I am doing cost comparison. I am from Malaysia. I think my unit cost the most, it's about US376. ouch. the length we go through in the name of beauty.

By the way, happy easter ladies. May we remember inner beauty is as important as ironing our faces. Blessings Laughing

Hi there Yee,
and a happy easter to you too !

I got mine for £130 GBP including postage. I just wanted to ask how often do you do the lifting routine ? It doesn't really say in my manual what you should do, it's only here that i've read once a week if you're skin is oily,.
thanks
Jackie x
yee

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello.

Boski: i wish i had the quasar machine too. not sold in my country, Malaysia. thanks so much for your generous information. you had been very informative and fast with your answers. Appreciate.

Jackie: I am greedy for results cause my family and I recently had a bout of chicken pox and my face had scars. M trying to reduce the redness asap. Therefore, I had been using the cleansing, facial and lifting mode daily. Having read boski's fear about sagging due to overuse, I am of course apprehensive. I had checked with the distributing company though. A lady there said there was no harm in using UP5 daily. However, I am unsure of her expertise, whether she had proper training to use the machine or she just the phone clerk. So far, I had not much results in reducing my pigmentation and scars. Lifting is not a priority cos I do not have deep wrinkles. I too have oily face, and thank god, there is no major breakout after the daily use. I use up5 lifting mode on my neck and hands as well. Just because. Let me know how you are doing with your machine. Anyways, I posed the same question to boski, when you finished using the machine and left it standing on the charger, do you power-on the charger every day?

Scalawaggirl: check around for other types of units. There was not much choice in Malaysia. It was between this or tua viso. The reason I found boski was because I logged into the internet for reviews on UP5. price killed me though. Still unable to get over my guilt for spending so much on this small contraption.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yee,

I see what you mean about the charger thing, the manual does say to put it back on after use,.but it also says to turn the unit off and then the charger ?! I don't think it would be ideal to have the charger permanently plugged in, so I certainly hope we don;t have to. I might ring the place I bought it from actually,

thanks
Jackie
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Clarisonic is the best!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered this Dermarolling Kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skin-RadianceTM-Professional-Instructions-Included/dp/B01CSMEDCI/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484652313&sr=8-4&keywords=derma+roller

I'm going to use with Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin C E serum!

Interested in the NuFace for sure and need to invest in a Clarisonic.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
BeeSweet

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Interested in trying Light Therapy for hormonal hair and facial rejuvenation. 2 days of scouring the forum, still undecided.
maytse01

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Recently, this Deess home device is my love. I bought one and can use it anytime at home. Anyone knows about radio frequency?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Clareblend, baby quasar, microderm abrasion and dermaroller.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
My dermarollers and Tria hair removal laser are my favorite skincare gadgets. I have an ancient Clarisonic Classic, which is ok with the Radiance head, but it is too much to use on a daily basis with all of the actives and treatments in my skincare routine. I also have a FaceFX red LED light, which has not yielded any results at this point in time.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I use Baby Quasar MD Plus, Fyola, Iluminage Laser, Clarisonic, Derminator, and Pico Toner.

For skin texture, definitely the Derminator is best.

For sagging, Iluminage Laser and as it leaves my skin so red, I need the Baby Quasar to calm it down.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |