Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any tips for toning horrible loose skin under the armpit ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Dermarolling and vaculifting has done wonders for this issue for me.

I must try the dry skin brushing also, thanks for the reminder.

I think this issue is too intrinsic to aging to be adressed by topical applications.

Maybe hormonal supplements would have prevented it in the first place... I'm coming up to 50 and wondering if I should be taking something to keep hormone levels stable..

Wink
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Ooh really. I have 2 rollers and a vaculifter size 2. How often do you use them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

I am almost 57 and have been taking BHRT for almost ten years. It didn't stop the arm yukkies even though I apply my cream directly to that area. I think if you include estradiol in the mix (e.g. Tri-Est), it may do a better job of preventing skin/fat breakdown. I personally cannot take estradiol as it makes me lose hair. Definitely worth a try.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 am      Reply with quote
hello. i am writing about something that others have mentioned, but my case is a litle odd. around 1995 after my brother got sick and died i usddenly started tweezing the hair under my arms compulsively I suppose. Time passed and I hadn't noticed until 1997 the arm pit skin has lost normal elacsticity. When my arms are down and pulled back, thre is definitley unsightly extra skin leading from the arm pit down about two inches. I am underweight and the rest of the skin is toned. It is the armpit region, not the underarms. Anyway, I had gone to visit a plastic surgeon and they won't do anything because wehn I lift my arm, the extra skin is not visible to remove. It is only when my arms are down it looks bad and I too don't like to wear sleeveless which i enjoyed wearing years ago. I am trying to exercise but will it be fruitless to tighten stretched skin? If i tighten up the extra skin is less visible but you can't walk around contracting arms 24-7.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Natale wrote:
hello. i am writing about something that others have mentioned, but my case is a litle odd. around 1995 after my brother got sick and died i usddenly started tweezing the hair under my arms compulsively I suppose. Time passed and I hadn't noticed until 1997 the arm pit skin has lost normal elacsticity. When my arms are down and pulled back, thre is definitley unsightly extra skin leading from the arm pit down about two inches. I am underweight and the rest of the skin is toned. It is the armpit region, not the underarms. Anyway, I had gone to visit a plastic surgeon and they won't do anything because wehn I lift my arm, the extra skin is not visible to remove. It is only when my arms are down it looks bad and I too don't like to wear sleeveless which i enjoyed wearing years ago. I am trying to exercise but will it be fruitless to tighten stretched skin? If i tighten up the extra skin is less visible but you can't walk around contracting arms 24-7.

Natale,
Check out Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo system. Its a combination of dry brushing and deep knuckle massage type treatment. If you amp up the reps to 60 per area, even crinkly menopausal skin tightens up nicely ... you can sculpt, firm and lift your entire body. She sells a DVD to show you how to perform the program ... it really works, but you must be consistent. I do it every day ~ it's part of my daily routine just like brushing my teeth. lol! Very Happy ~Aprile
deblynn82

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad I've found this thread. I too have loose skin under my armpits. I am 5'2" tall and weigh 103 pounds. I have worked out and lifted weights since I was 18 years old. I have done fitness competitions and have always been toned and tight. Once I turned 51 I started noticing loose skin and folds under my armpits. I'm now 52, almost 53. I eat a clean diet, and workout 5-6 days a week. I feel like it's just going to keep getting worse and my days of tank tops are over …. so depressing. I did not read all of the posts. Does anyone have any hope to give me!!??
ff731emt
5% products discount

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but I thought I would mention Ultrasound could be an option. I've read up on the "in-office" therapy and been following those protocol with my own device, not my JeNu but a RX therapeutic ultrasound called the ReliaMed. The suggested treatment is 1x per week, and depending on how long the treatment time lasts between 6-12 treatments per area. I have been working around my abdomen. Each Wednesday I mark out lines 2" (not completely around, but up from my navel and on both sides), and measure at each line. At the navel I have had my greatest loss of 3.5 cm. I have been doing this for 4 weeks now. If it continues to prove successful I will attempt on both my upper arms and thighs.

Light Complexion/ Strawberry Blond/ Gray Eyes/ 37 YO/ Shallow Wrinkles/ Sun damage: 1.0 Derma Roller/ Stamp, JeNu, Foreo Luna, Sirius Aurora, PMD, Lady Schick Steamer, Tria ADL, O2 Facials, Dreaming about a Clareblend Mini & Tripollar Stop
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you get this ultrasound?
ff731emt
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I got mine through a physical therapist, however I have seen them available on Amazon and eBay. Google ReliaMed 1000 Ultrasound I'm not sure who makes the.

Light Complexion/ Strawberry Blond/ Gray Eyes/ 37 YO/ Shallow Wrinkles/ Sun damage: 1.0 Derma Roller/ Stamp, JeNu, Foreo Luna, Sirius Aurora, PMD, Lady Schick Steamer, Tria ADL, O2 Facials, Dreaming about a Clareblend Mini & Tripollar Stop
Bbabe
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
The fasciablaster has had good results with tightening loose skin. It's really helped the loose skin on my abs.
ff731emt
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Bbabe wrote:
The fasciablaster has had good results with tightening loose skin. It's really helped the loose skin on my abs.

Thank you, I'll look into it and see how I could fit it into my schedule. If it can help with my abdomen I'll add it into the upper arms and thighs.

JosephRP

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Exercise, workout, yoga and most important thing, healthy diet with few more supplements will definitely help to reduce these creepy skin.
Just select your best guide fitness for yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Okay, what supplements? Mine are pretty toned, just crepey. I have the faciablasters - no improvement on crepey arm skin.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
DemM
Have you seen improvement in other areas w/the faciablaster?

How many times have you blasted your arms? With what level of intensity?

I am interested because I want to get the blaster for this area especially.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes I have seen improvement in other areas. For the cost I think it's worth it. It's not like a cream that you use a month, spend $$$ for and then it's gone.. .
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:35 am      Reply with quote
small improvement I should say. I'm not going around looking beat up so maybe that's part of it too!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Bench presses and dumbbell flyes

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you should try RF.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |