Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SKINBIOLOGY Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this shampoo and conditioner 3 times now, and each time it gave me a ton of flakes, big huge flakes.

I recently went to a doctor for my hair loss problem. He prescribed to me this nasty smelling medicated shampoo just in case I got some fungus or whatever it is that causes dandruff living on my scalp.

The first time I used this medicated shampoo I did not get any flakes.

The second time I used it again, I decided to follow up with skinbiology folligen shampoo and conditioner. I immediately got huge flakes, like scalp was peeling all over.

This happened the previous 2 times I used the Folligen shampoo and conditioner, too.

So I'm probably sensitive to something in the shampoo and conditioner. Maybe my scalp doesn't like the copper peptides in it.

I might try it one more time once the mediated shampoo eradicates my flaky scalp.

Folligen shampoo and conditioner did not do anything for my hair loss problem.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have never tried the Folligen shampoo/conditioner, but really like the Skinbiology Copper Peptide cream for blondes, it does work!!
Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...the Folligen for Blondes (a tin peptide product) does work very well.

But I won't try any more of the copper-based Folligen hair products after they completely hosed my hair color. (light reddish hair + blue/green copper = dark, muddy brown) Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am      Reply with quote
forgot to mention that the folligen shampoo and conditioner don't make my hair soft and silky in case you're wondering. Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the review. i was wondering about this product and was going to purchase it for my fiance.

have you contacted dr. pickart about the flakes? i am wondering if an ingredient that is supposed to build volume could be causing flakes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
natalyn - if you've only used the SB products 3 times, I am not surprised you haven't seen any improvements with your hair thinning or general health of your hair. It would take quite a while to see some - a month at least, I'd figure.

Also, perhaps the flaking is a reaction of the two products together (your medication and the SB hair products). Definintely ask Dr P about that.

But, give the product more time to get your hair follicles healthier. If you are looking to help your thinning hair, you should be using the Folligen Serum or the Hair Signals. Those would work better than products that get rinsed out of your hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn, I agree with Foxe about not giving the Folligen S/C enough time to work. Since you have thinning hair, that is a sign the scalp & hair follicles are damaged. Hair thinning & loss is ALL about the health of the scalp – like in distress. The flaking seems like be an indicator of damage by shedding dead skin & cells to renew the scalp.

Once the scalp adjusts & balances you should start seeing results, but that will not happen over night. Taking MSM is also beneficial for hair & skin repair.

I regularly use Folligen S/C & the spray a few times a week. I did NOT have thinning or any signs of a damaged scalp so I had NO flaking at all. I think the *shedding process* is common in those who have thinning or hair loss problems.

You can contact SB for their support & better indicator of what may be going on.
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I've also had bad luck with the shampoo. It left my hair dull and tangled - not good. However folligen lotion is a whole different deal. I've used it 3-4 times a week for 3 months now and can see a big difference. I'm definitely shedding far less hair than I did before.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
tarapaca wrote:
I've also had bad luck with the shampoo. It left my hair dull and tangled - not good. However folligen lotion is a whole different deal. I've used it 3-4 times a week for 3 months now and can see a big difference. I'm definitely shedding far less hair than I did before.

Folligen lotion is supposed to be applied to the scalp?
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe and Star Model. I want to give the S/C another try but want to get my hair loss situation under control first. All test results come back normal.

I've been using Kiehl's hair products and my hair seems to like them. My scalp is not flaking any more. So now maybe it is time to try the folligen s/c again.
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
tarapaca wrote:

Yes, you apply to to the scalp and rub it in. Usually leave it overnight then wash your hair in the morning. Some people use it every day, but I've had good luck with every other. There's also a cream and a spray, and a version for blondes, they're all slightly different formulas I think, but all seem to work, at least for some people.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I have longer than shoulder-length hair and wanted to make my hair grows more thicker. My hair is shiny, no split-ends...Do you think this is possible with Folligen cream or lotion? I can probably use Folligen to thicken my hair???? That would be awesome if I can do that.

tarapaca wrote:
Natalyn wrote:
tarapaca wrote:

Yes, you apply to to the scalp and rub it in. Usually leave it overnight then wash your hair in the morning. Some people use it every day, but I've had good luck with every other. There's also a cream and a spray, and a version for blondes, they're all slightly different formulas I think, but all seem to work, at least for some people.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't do anything for my hair loss problem and now that I read this I am wondering if it made it worse. Thyroid meds made hair loss worse too. Less is best I think.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |