Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Elastin (as opposed to collagen)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Koga_DT

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Am I saying it fairly accurate that elastin helps the fight against sagging skin and collagen fights wrinkles? I've read a lot about collagen and collagen production. I know the sun breaks down collagen so decent sun protection is needed. I'm also aware of the collagen boosting aspects of vitamin C, so I'm using a vitamin C product as well. Retin A helps too. Healthy diet, Frownies against frowning, chemical peels etc. I know the drill. But I really don't know a whole lot about what we can do to help elastin. Cause frankly, sagging skin worries me more than wrinkles. I know the sun breaks elastin down too, so yes, again sun protection. And apparently retin A helps elastin too. But what else is there?

Niacinamide, peptides etc. Do these ingredients help to boost elastin or not? I'm really looking for more stuff in the fight against sagging skin!
Koga_DT

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 am      Reply with quote
No one ? Crying or Very sad
retinolthins
5% products discount

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:54 am      Reply with quote
The only things I can think of for elastin are white tea (3-4 cups a day) and there's a new paulas choice product just released that may repair damage to elastin too.
havana8

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Here's an interesting tidbit from the recent ConsumerLab e-newsletter:

Cocoa for Wrinkles? -- A study in older women found that drinking a high-flavanol cocoa drink each day increased skin elasticity. And while wrinkles deepened among those drinking a placebo, they stayed stable in the cocoa-drinking group. For details about the amount of cocoa consumed (and its flavanol content), as well as our tests of flavanols (and contaminants) in popular cocoa powders and chocolates, see the Cocoa Powders, Dark Chocolate, Extracts, Nibs, & Supplements Review > >
havana8

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Here are a couple of related threads that might be helpful:

Skin Barrier and Elastin
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30688

Allure Article: Younger Skin Right Now
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37632

Collagen versus Elastin Stimulation
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35747

Increasing elastin using Dill extract??
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=50138

is repairing collagen the same thing as repairing elastin
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41380

Smile
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Koga_DT wrote:
No one ? :cry:

Never thought about it until I read your thread! I had read this sometime ago:
livestrong.com/article/485132-foods-that-build-collagen-elastin-after-age-50/
and I have been careful to include a lot of Vit C in my diet. I use Monsia skincare and after applying the night repair cream I have been putting Vit E oil on my face and neck and also my hands see:
just-health.net/Vitamin-E-Oil-For-Face
My skin certainly feels good and even after an 8hour sleep it still feels smooth and does not feel dry at all.
Koga_DT

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much everyone!! I'm gonna try and read everything posted here the coming (busy) days Very Happy

So more cocoa hehehe...

Hmmm, I've got some pure vitamin E oil over here. Maybe I should add some to my face every night.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:24 am      Reply with quote
You are right that sagging is actually the worst sign of aging for most of us and the subject of elastin is often neglected in lieu of collagen.

Great links from havana8..

I do think that Retin A and things like Lasar and dermarolling help.
It also seems that other things suggested are boswellia serrata extract, dill extract, Phloretin, Pycnogenol (French Maritime pine tree), grape seed, Ethocyn, white and green tea...MMP enzymes inhibitors contained in some botanicals.

Some of these, like Ethocyn, are pretty pricey for an unknown and other things like dill extract are either rare or far down the ingredient list.
Green and white tea and boswellia serrata extract are easy to find and in a lot of products and a lot of people here may be already taking Pycnogenol as a supplement.
SKINCEUTICALS PHLORETIN CF SERUM ANTIOXIDANT is one that has Phloretin. It's expensive but samples are pretty cheap and here's a more reasonable offering http://revivserums.com/products/phloretin-serum.
Does anyone have the feeling that the topic of elastin will figure bigger in the near future?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm really into Dill extract at the moment (and also White tea) for preserving elastin. It seems quite rare. These are the following products which I have found Dill extract in.

1). Jan Marini Age Intervention Primer

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Ubiquinone, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Vegetable Oil, Polysorbate 20, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

2). Olay Regenerist Super 3 Point Serum

Dill extract has been included in the Olay Regenerist line and the Pro-X line, but check the ingredients label on the individual products because it's not in all their products from the respective ranges. Niacinamide and green tea are an added bonus and Dill isn't too far down the ingredient's list either.

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, BHT, Peucedanum Graveolens Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Disodium EDTA, PEG-100 Stearate, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, Xanthan Gum, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Caramel.

3. Prevage Advanced Anti-Aging Serum

A nice addition to Idebenone.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Peg-8, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinoyl Dipalmitoyl Glycerate (Idebenone), Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ergothioneine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Leaf Ferment Filtrate, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Pca, Trehalose, Urea, Phospholipids, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-51, Polyisobutene, Xanthan Gum, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Mica, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Red 4 (Ci 14700), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

4. Yonka Stimulastine Nuit

Hmmm, quite low down the list on this one.

Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sodium Lactate Methylsilanol Cetearyl Glucoside, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Chlorphenesin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Vit. C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E: 0.20%) Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Leaf Oil Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Flower Oil, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Oil, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Oil Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil, Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Linalool *, Citronellol *, Geraniol * Limonene *, Citral *, Farnesol *.

5. Aveeno Active Naturals Absolutely Ageless Intensive Renewal

Aveeno have created a line of products with dill extract and blackberry leaf in but as you will see these ingredients are so far down on the list it doesn't seem worth it.

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ethylhexylglycerin, Maltodextrin, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Hexylresorcinol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Olivate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Peucedanum Graveolens Extract, Rubus Fruticosus Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum

6. Paula's Choice Clear Ultra-Light Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF 30+

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (7.5%) (Octinoxate, sunscreen agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Ethylhexyl salicylate (5%) (Octisalate, thickener), Silica (absorbing agent), Octocrylene (2%) (sunscreen agent), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (2%) (Avobenzone, sunscreen agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract (antioxidant), Sambucus Nigra (Black Elderberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Lycium Barbarum (Goij) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Titanium Dioxide (thickener/opacifying agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone slip agent), Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate (skin protectant), Potassium Sorbate (stabilizer), Sodium Benzoate (stabilizer), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Sodium Carbomer (thickener), Benzyl Alcohol (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Just an update- I have ordered this product which has Dill extract in:

https://www.facetheory.com/products/regenacalm-serum

All Ingredients

Aqua, glycerin, glycyrrhiza glabra (liquorice) extract, dillweed peucedanum graveolens, l-ascorbic acid, sodium hyaluronate, tocopherol, ferulic acid, retinol (retinyl palmitate), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice, phenoxyethanol.

Seems promising! I'll report back.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
What about taking Collagen internally? Such as:
https://withinus.ca/pages/faqs

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |