Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: My rave...Obagi (w/Pics)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl - I started Obagi last week on my own. I've read this entire thread (as well as many others) and noticed that you never used the sunfader in the AM when you were using Obagi. I was wondering why?

Also, did you use any Action, Tolereen or C Serum during the Obagi treatment?

What did you use as a seperate moisturizer on those major peely days?

When you say "back off"; which products are you referring to? Clear? Exfoderm?

Thank you so much for being so informative. I also noted what your maintance routine is because in a very long 17 weeks....i will be there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
MrsDowFire wrote:
Tamgirl - I started Obagi last week on my own. I've read this entire thread (as well as many others) and noticed that you never used the sunfader in the AM when you were using Obagi. I was wondering why?

Also, did you use any Action, Tolereen or C Serum during the Obagi treatment?

I just stuck with the basic Obagi Nu-Derm treatment set and at the time it didn't include these. I may have received their sunscreen but used my own Sofina since I believe it is superior to theirs.

Quote:
What did you use as a seperate moisturizer on those major peely days?

To be honest, I don't remember what all I used as a moisturizer. It was probably Cetaphil or Eucerin, something gentle and healing but thick enough to keep the peelies moisturized. I also had to keep it on hand with me at all times to cover up the peelies throughout the day. They start showing up when you smile a lot or eat.

Quote:
When you say "back off"; which products are you referring to? Clear? Exfoderm?

Yes, any of the active products. And I don't necessarily mean completely backing off, although at times I did skip the exfoderm completely. I just meant reduct the amounts and/or frequency, particularly the retin-a.

Quote:
Thank you so much for being so informative. I also noted what your maintance routine is because in a very long 17 weeks....i will be there.

You're very welcome! Best of luck to you in your treatment and please keep us posted on how it goes!
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Which Sofina did you use? I notice there are 3 different kinds.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
can i just use Obagi Nu-Derm Blender 4%,or Obagi Nu-Derm Clear 4% instead useing all system?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
That is totally amazing!

TAMGIRL thank you show us the before & after pics, that's really really helpful.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I wonder i can get this kind of result Confused Confused Question I don 't see any improvement yet ..though..by the way I used Obagi nuderm for 2 weeks
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
tam girl, thanks so much for those photos!

wow~ Shock

I wonder if Obagi would help with hyperpigmentation due to dryness/allergies? Maybe once I get my skin problems under control I can give this a shot.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
tamgirl - besides you skin looking absolutely fantastic, your lips are amazing! Lips2Kiss are responsible, right? (I read the 80 page thread...) Just started Lips2Kiss 2 weeks ago, hope my lips turn out like yours. Did yours have that shape and fullness before using the system? ok sorry everyone for posting a tangent.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
can i just use Obagi Nu-Derm Blender 4%,or Obagi Nu-Derm Clear 4% instead useing all system?

hey, you'd better use the whole program in order to obtain good result.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, your results are remarkable. How did you get started on Obagi? Did you get the system from a doctor's office?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, I met a nurse with AMAZING skin today & asked her what she used. She highly recommended the Obagi system. I came right back here & searched for Obagi and found your post. Your pictures make me want to buy the set right now. I've got to save up a little. Just wanted to chime in on the post how fantastic you look!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
C4ward, if you have hyperpigmentation issues, Obagi is, IMHO, simply the best there is. It really does work, but you have to give it 18 weeks to do its job. If you want info about Obagi, you can find a lot on the official Obagi website.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
RileyGirl, you rock. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome. Good luck if you choose to use obagi!
Desinda
5% products discount

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Way to go TAM Girl! You look fabulous! Stay on Obagi, its working for you!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
flashdownglory

Thu May 14, 2015 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I started using Dermesse skin lightener (4% hydroquinone) with a "Obagi like" protocol. Wash, Tone, Exfoliant with gycolic and lactic acid, Dermesse and Retin A .05%. I have been doing that for 4 weeks and I just went up to .1% retin A gel with Obagi Blender. My skin is so red! Also very tight and dry around my mouth. Even some cracking around my lips.

Will this system work as well just using .05% retin A or do I have to use the .1% to make it more effective?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2015 6:12 am      Reply with quote
flashdownglory wrote:
I started using Dermesse skin lightener (4% hydroquinone) with a "Obagi like" protocol. Wash, Tone, Exfoliant with gycolic and lactic acid, Dermesse and Retin A .05%. I have been doing that for 4 weeks and I just went up to .1% retin A gel with Obagi Blender. My skin is so red! Also very tight and dry around my mouth. Even some cracking around my lips.

Will this system work as well just using .05% retin A or do I have to use the .1% to make it more effective?

I'm not certain about the Obagi system/treatment, although I do know that you Start low with the Retin A, then move up....You don't want to start out at 1%.....

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
charlie6

Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and new to Obagi NuDerm. I've been using the system, including Trentinoin, Elastaderm Eye Gel and the roller. I've also ordered the 20% C serum. Here's my question. I've been using this for 3 weeks now and I'm already considering what could be substituted for something else when I run out as we all know how expensive it is. Here's what I think and maybe you all can help. I think you could use a different cleanser and I'm not sure you need a Toner. Then you definitely need the Clear and Blender and Exfoderm Forte. I would ditch the Elastaderm Eye Roller but keep the Gel. What about the Hydra? I almost think I could use a gentle moisturizer instead. So, to sum up: Substitute gentle cleanser, a different or no toner and substitute a gentle moisturizer. Therefore, I'd buy the Serum, Clear, Blender, Exfoderm Forte, Trentinoim and Eye Gel? The Eye Gel seems to be running out rather quickly too. Do I need it with the C Serum? I know that's a lot of questions but I'm so new to this and don't know who I can ask! Thank you for any help!! Lil
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I followed the Obagi Nu-derm protocol exactly, but made modifications depending on how my skin was reacting. If it would get to red/sore then I'd back off for a day or two until I was comfortable to move forward again.

Here was my exact routine. All are Obagi products with the exception of the retin-a:

AM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm (alt days depending on sensitivity)

PM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Blender/Retin-a (.05)

Also, my skin is normal to dry. HTH!

Congrats on the great results.

I have never understood the need to layer Clear and Blender. They are both products that contain hydroquinone. I used this system years ago and got some pretty good results -- not as good as yours. I used Clear in the day and Bender with retin a in the evening. Maybe if I had also used Clear at night my results would have been as outstanding as yours. Smile

ETA: I guess I should have looked at the date on the thread.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
charlie6 wrote:
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and new to Obagi NuDerm. I've been using the system, including Trentinoin, Elastaderm Eye Gel and the roller. I've also ordered the 20% C serum. Here's my question. I've been using this for 3 weeks now and I'm already considering what could be substituted for something else when I run out as we all know how expensive it is. Here's what I think and maybe you all can help. I think you could use a different cleanser and I'm not sure you need a Toner. Then you definitely need the Clear and Blender and Exfoderm Forte. I would ditch the Elastaderm Eye Roller but keep the Gel. What about the Hydra? I almost think I could use a gentle moisturizer instead. So, to sum up: Substitute gentle cleanser, a different or no toner and substitute a gentle moisturizer. Therefore, I'd buy the Serum, Clear, Blender, Exfoderm Forte, Trentinoim and Eye Gel? The Eye Gel seems to be running out rather quickly too. Do I need it with the C Serum? I know that's a lot of questions but I'm so new to this and don't know who I can ask! Thank you for any help!! Lil

Good luck, Charlie6. I used the same products that the OP used, with some modifications. It's been a long time. I hope a more recent user will see this post.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
These are fantastic results, Congrats! Are you still using? I know this is an old post but would be interested to know, or is this a short term thing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:35 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
Hi everyone,
How long does ur obagi nu derm clear last?

Times fly, it's been 10 years from last time I use Obagi, I am thinking to use Obagi again, is there any change about Obagi nu deem system? Should I just use same routine as before?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow amazing
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure can I only use for certain area? I only got pigmentation on my cheek area, do I need to use nu derm for whole face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I am not sure can I only use for certain area? I only got pigmentation on my cheek area, do I need to use nu derm for whole face?

Anyone knows?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |