Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Plumping a gaunt face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Use lotions that are targeted at enhancing the breasts or bottom, they are supposed to give them a more plump look so can only imagine they would have the same affect when applied on the face.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 am      Reply with quote
hey,echoecho!Do you still use lotions now?what' the result?I have found out volufiline can increase fat.Some creams contain volufiline but they also contain estrogen.Dose estrogen increase fat on face?If so,can these creams which contain volufiline and estrogen be used on the face?Are there any side effects?

Rolling Eyes
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
my aunt,,,was diagnosed with coronary artery disease 20 yeARS Ago,,,she was ordinary looknig,,,her skin was getting a bit saggy since she was in her mid 50"s,,,,she went thru a by pass and after that the doctor adivsed her to change her diet coompletely and make it healthy...Since then,,,,all she eats is one slice of bread,,,vegetables ,raw,cooked,,salad,,,fruits,,,,salmon(she eats salmon one to 2 times a day,,,boil it with bones,drink its soup and then eat the flesh)....Now seriously,,no lying,,,no exaggerations...i saw her 20 years since she started this diet,,,her face glows now,,,it looks as if she has got a face lift done,,,but she has not,,,her skin has no single wrinkle,,,she is now in her late 70"s and she looks more beautiful(atleast her skin) and she looks younger than when she was in her 50"s....i know she has not got anything done to her face,,,it is the helathy diet,,,butfor this type of change,,,u have to be persistent for years before u see this...\this is my opinoin...her face doesnt look gaunt,,,it is fresh and plump,,,but all in a natural way...

Just jumping in here, 2 years late lol. I'm reading through this thread and this post made me think. In addition to the protein and EFAs/ oils in the salmon, I would think that the collagen and/or gelatin from the bones and connective tissues could be a big factor.
Bellastella
5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if this thread is still going...so am bumping it up a bit:)

For someone that is a beginner in facial exercises, any idea where to start from? I noticed that the few I have done made my face very worked up and lost more fat, my face looked tired. so really have to be careful not to do it everyday....and not so strong. Just when I dont do anything I get pushed to start doing some, at my age. I am 37. No major dramas and really clear beautiful skin.. just my face has dropped in the last few months.. any help?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Bellastella wrote:
Just wondering if this thread is still going...so am bumping it up a bit:)

For someone that is a beginner in facial exercises, any idea where to start from? I noticed that the few I have done made my face very worked up and lost more fat, my face looked tired. so really have to be careful not to do it everyday....and not so strong. Just when I dont do anything I get pushed to start doing some, at my age. I am 37. No major dramas and really clear beautiful skin.. just my face has dropped in the last few months.. any help?

Hard to tell. What else has changed during that time period? If that's the only thing you've changed, it could be your face's response to the facial exercises (that is, relative to the way you are doing them). I'd recommend (1) doing a complete program rather than picking and choosing exercises, and (2) contacting the owner of the program that you are using for advice. HTH and good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Facial gauntness is corrected with facial fillers (autologous fat transfer, high volume fillers such as Voluma, other collagen fillers, etc.) NOT by facial exercises, which are unproven at best and may cause additional gauntness at worst.
Bellastella
5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your help...I heard that picking at random exercises doesnt work....however if I build up my cheek muscle it will definately improve my face overall.
HOWEVER, I have had some results...I was taking collagen tablets for the last 4 months....I have been taking 3 a day. together with other supplements including vitamin C.
NOW, I was reading somewhere online that people were taking the combination of collagen and vitamin C to lose weight...! I have stopped collagen for a week now...and I can say that my face has become a bit more round! I swear...
Someone had told me its nonsense as its not proven that you can lose weight with collagen. I have been taking collagen to improve firmness and luminosity of skin, as well as to reduce fine lines and wrinkles...but I have had no results...
I have been doing dry brushing twice a day too.
I hve also been spraying Ageless Secret....but instead of using hairdryer for 20 seconds...I upped it up to two minutes straight! (120 seconds). I dont have the lightstim, but that is on my list, I know someone that seen good results with lightstim and ageless...
I am scared now to do more facial exercises. One thing I wanted to do it for is also mainly nasolabials...but everytime I do it for that specific area...they become worse!
any more suggestions?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Increasing calories is what helped me.
Bellastella
5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think you re right too...I actually increased more protein....
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I personally have had success with facial exercises (resistance kind) adding fullness to my face, but it's not the quick fix that fillers are. That said, I still prefer facial exercises any day. Best wishes Smile

5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Are your facial exercises very thorough? Do you move your muscles a lot in a severe way ? I cant do that, I ve tried. I was doing just the tanaka massage twice a day and I noticed emptiness instead of fullness, i had to stop..
Do you do them every day?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Bellastella there are lots of different types of facial exercises out there, and maybe doing Tanaka twice a day is the problem here?

Some exercises don't require you to move muscles in a severe way, but I'm in my 60's and started them in my 50's and needed to move them in a severe way to get proper actions and results. So I think it depends where you start off from.
Bellastella wrote:
Are your facial exercises very thorough? Do you move your muscles a lot in a severe way ? I cant do that, I ve tried. I was doing just the tanaka massage twice a day and I noticed emptiness instead of fullness, i had to stop..
Do you do them every day?
Bellastella
5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am 37. As I said since I upped the food and stopped tanaka, and dont touch my face so much or use a lot of facial muscles, it got better. Maybe I need to do whole programme not spot exercises. My nasolabials show more, I never had them.
I will choose some programme and stick to it. When I feel I can commit myself to it...and notice what happens..
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing Ageless and my face has become more gaunt and I Have the hollow temples as well. I'm going to stop but continue massage and pinching skin. But I have a question: I bought a nylon brush for dry brushing the skin, is it true that nylon can damage the skin? I hope I can get my face back. Guess face exercises aren't for me.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:39 am      Reply with quote
The reason people suggest natural brushes over nylon is because they can scratch the skin and cause tears which bacteria and germs can infect.

I know people who have gone guant usually are advised to eat protein as the muscles need that to repair properly. Not an expert but figure it may help
Blt2004

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:01 am      Reply with quote
If uf hav the plumby face though you have no wrinkles you can try the face thin tool. Daily practise will give the better result. Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Face thin tool to plump up a face??Laughing
Blt2004 wrote:
If uf hav the plumby face though you have no wrinkles you can try the face thin tool. Daily practise will give the better result. Smile
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Keep your skin moist
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Eat healthy fats such as avocado, coconut and olive oils. I would also think about ingesting Collagen such as https://withinus.ca/pages/faqs. I like Flex-effect facial exercises too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:45 am      Reply with quote
How about dermarolling with the 1.5 mm? Vitamin C, matrixyl 3000, retinol. Go easy on the sugar too (including high sugar fruits).

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I got lots of skin plumping with this two products.
I drink the DR. AXE BONE BROTH COLLAGEN PURE with my protein shake twice a day and I use the Im Fabulous Cosmetics Powerful Volumizing Serum twice a day.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |