Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Heavy Eyelids - Any suggestions? How about any devices?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JenS
5% products discount

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All:

Now I have another issue with this aging face. My eyelids!! I'm looking more tired than not lately.

Please, I would love to hear what any of you all have done to help this problem besides surgery.

Are there any devices that really work, or massages. I'm not sure if there would be a product out there. I have been using really good eye creams with peptides for a long long time with no luck.

Thanks if you can help!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Are heavy eyelids the same thing as droopy or hooded upper eyelids? If so, I think you need not just focus on toning the eyelids but all muscles above (forehead, temples). Gravity works on all muscles and if you are not doing anything to keep them all toned, since they are interconnected, then sag or slackening in one will afftect all related muscles.

I don't know anything about gadgets but face exercises by Eva Fraser are what changed my hooded upper eyelids to what they are today. I continue to maintain them with CFF and Tom Hagerty's Shape Your Face. While for years I attributed the lift in my eyelids to the eye exercise shown in Eva's website(http://www.evafraser.com/facial_fitness.html), I don't think it alone could have given me the results I got. I believe it was a combination of the exercises in her program that worked together to create a perfect balance.

I share more about face exercises and hooded lids in this post
Nonie aka AD wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:
No creams will lift the lid. Possibly a non-invasive treatment like Thermage or Ulthera can help but wont provide surgical results.

GirlieGirl face exercise can and do give permanent results similar to surgery and I'm living proof of that.

heather051 wrote:
Hi I am new to this site,I am 50 and my upper eyelids are drooping I don't want plastic surgery is there anything on the market that will help lift the eyelid

Hi healther051:

I was able to give myself an eyelift in about ten years of face exercises. I must say I did start when I was young (20) and while I wasn't trying to change my eyes, nor did I know droopy eyes were something not to like, but was doing face exercises just so I could keep the tone of my face for as long as possible, I was able to go from having eyelids that were covered by skin hanging over them to eyelids that are completely exposed. And the change has been permanent. No surgery, just face exercises. I will share photos in a bit.

While I believe the exercise that was most effective in this is Eva Fraser's upper eyelid exercise (described and demonstrated by the diagram on this page), I believe that facial muscles are interconnected so you do need to work all of them to get balanced results. I was doing Eva's full exercise program when the change happened. And it was so gradual that I didn't even see it happen and only realized that it had occurred when I read on Flex Effect website something about face exercises lifting the eyes so eye makeup does not look like Morse Code. I then wondered if my eyes had been affected and discovered that my eyes were indeed different from how they were when I was 20. (Hooded upper eyelids runs in my family, so that's where I got mine from. But I no longer have our family eyes and it's all due to face exercises.)

My Dad's eyes:
My Mom's eyes:

My sister's eyes when she was twenty:

My eyes when I was twenty:

My eyes when I was two:

My eyes nowadays, thanks to face exercises:

I'm in my 40's now and I took the photos below at the spur of the moment during a discussion I was engaged in and at the end of a long work day, trying to take the pics from different angles so there'd be no question about perspective. (I was really taking the photos below with focus on the under eye area--which got puffy when I did a program that didn't agree with me but has since been smoothed out thanks to the program I currently do (CFF). Nevertheless, you can see that the change face exercises brought to my upper eyelids is now my norm.)

When I used to do Eva's upper eyelid exercise, I used to think my eyes would look pretty albeit briefly and never realized that that temporary effect would one day be permanent. And is seems that's how face exercises work: Initially the results seem to last for only seconds, then only minutes but the more you do the exercises, the longer the changes they bring last and eventually they become your norm. Wink

You can see the same change in Cecilia's eyes, albeit not as drastic as mine. But she'd only done face exercises for a couple of months IIRC when the after photo was taken.

Another example is Amy whose photos were posted on Tom's forum. You can see she too used to have hooded eyelids but not anymore.

And if seeing younger face is discouraging, maybe this face will encourage you. Carolyn Cleaves didn't start face exercises until she was in her 50's and she too had hooded eyelids as you can see in her before/after photos here. And you can see what she looks like NOW in her latest video.

So don't despair heather051. Just make face exercises part of your lifestyle without expecting results overnight and you'll see how the Curious Case of Benjamin Button may just become the story of your life a few years from now. Wink
lorein0688

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is common with the growing age but this is not something that can’t be treated, there are two ways to get rid of hooded eye problem Surgery and cosmetic. Surgery is the painful and quite expensive also. So the better option is to go for the best cosmetic Eye Secrets Strips. It is best to lift the eyes and give you natural, youthful and beautiful look. The strips will help them to neutralize the excess skin over the eyelids and bring back the eyes to its natural youthful shape.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I disagree with the idea that its only possible through surgery and cosmetic. I had hooded eyes at several times in my life because of lifestyle and work hours etc and I started facial exercises in my 50's and my eyes were one of the first things that changed.

Whilst I don't advocate spot training - doing the link that Nonie posted above should deliver some results within a short space of time. I went to Eva's studio in London about 8-9 years ago and had sessions with her and she is so inspirational and her eyes are amazing. No where near does she look 80 - but more 40.
lorein0688 wrote:
This is common with the growing age but this is not something that can’t be treated, there are two ways to get rid of hooded eye problem Surgery and cosmetic. Surgery is the painful and quite expensive also. So the better option is to go for the best cosmetic Eye Secrets Strips. It is best to lift the eyes and give you natural, youthful and beautiful look. The strips will help them to neutralize the excess skin over the eyelids and bring back the eyes to its natural youthful shape.
Bbabe
5% products discount

Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:40 am      Reply with quote
CFF exercises really helped with opening my eyes, especially with lifting the upper eyelid.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
People have had success with exercises, exfoliate lotions, creams etc. Retin-A, needling, microdermabrasion etc.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |