Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sensitive, dry, acne prone skin. Help please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 am      Reply with quote
My skin has gone crazy this past year. It's always been sensitive and dry but this year I started to get acne and im 23.

I used to leave my skin alone and not wash it all the time as even just splashing my face with water agitates it. But since getting the acne ive really tried to look after it better. Problem is because my skins dry I have to moisturise it well. But this seems to not allow the acne to heal and dry up. Plus even products for sensitive skin seem to irriate me. I also cant just simply wash my face because my face always feels dry and tight which causes it to itch and spots then come up.

I have baught some olive oil soap which im hoping will be enough to cleanse. I do wear makeup so I hope it will get it all off. Has anyone got any advice?

I think my skin is quite uneven in texture like very tiny clogged pores all over and not sure how to sort this out but without irritating the skin. Can someone please help. My skin is all red marked from the acne and to cover it I have to wear heavy foundation and concealer but it makes my skin look cakey from the dry skin and bumpy texture Sad its becoming a nightmare. PLEASE PLEASE help!

Just to add ive been using rosehip oil to moisturise at night and I don't think this has allowed for my spots to heal well. But I don't find it really moisturising enough for my skin in general. In the day if im going out I will put Jason facial spf 20 on before applying makeup.
bspanky

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 am      Reply with quote
There are dozens of things you could try. If your face is that sensitive you may want to avoid soap. I wash off my makeup with oils with a little emulsifier in them. The emulsifier will thicken the oils a little making them easier to handle and also allow the oils to wash off easier. Check out the OCM method thread. You don't have to do the entire process all the time. I just use oil to clean my face.

Then in the morning I use creamed honey to wash my face. It has anti-bacterial properties and the granules give a little exfoliation if you work quickly before they dissolve. I do this in the shower of course so I don't have to worry about getting it my hair.

A honey and oatmeal mask may also soothe your skin and help heal the acne. A little tea tree oil will help also.

A full fat yogurt mask will also exfoliate the dead skin and moisturize.

The rosehip oil is probably making your skin feel dry also. It's good for your acne but needs to be combined with other oils to make it less drying. Tamanu is an excellent add, very healing.

I find salicylic acid works wonders for acne as well and if you don't over do it will not dry out your skin.

A toner with niacinamide will also help your pores.

So my suggested routine would be:
Morning:
wash with honey,
use a toner with niacinamide or salicylic acid,and witch hazel
moisturize with oil (meadowfoam is moisturizing without being oily), tamanu etc. Suncreen of course.

Evening:
wash with oil
toner
moisturize with rosehip oil mixed with tamanu, etc. and some tea tree or lavender oil.

Mask a couple of times a week, with yogurt.

These are all gentle but effective.

I also spot treat with tea tree oil with no problems. Tea tree and lavender oil are two of the very few you can use neat.

These are just a few ideas, I'm sure others have some more great suggestions.
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for replying.

I have tried using honey for my skin and it started to burn Sad It's weird because I can eat honey fine but putting it on my skin it goes nuts. Yogurt I have used before and that would make my skin itch.

Putting oatmeal on before was ok but when I took it off it made my skin feel more dry and because of that it would be itchy:/

I will look into the ocm a bit more and also niacinamide. Both tea tree and lavender sting my spots like crazy so im not sure if this is helping as I don't want to enflame them and make them more red so they leave red marks. Or will that be ok?

Thanks for helping me out Smile Much appreciated.
bspanky

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Wow, you are very sensitive. Perhaps the honey burns because your skin is raw?

As far as the EO's they may sting temporarily but don't cause me any trouble after a minute. You may just be too sensitive even for that. On the other hand, you may want to try an EO just on one little spot, endure the burn and see how it looks in the morning. Or only use diluted.

Tamanu may be very good for you, or even neem oil but it really stinks. Neem is supposed to be very good for acne but I have not tried it for that. I make a salve with neem and tamanu that heals quickly (burns, cuts, dog's problem skin). It stinks but it's magic.

You may have some nutritional things going on that require some balancing. Have you seen a doctor? Perhaps you are allergic to something.

I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully someone else has some ideas.
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I did the honey mask when my skin was less sensitive and its worse now.

The neem oil sounds promising. I don't mind stinking really if it works!

Ahh im thinking of mentioning it again to my doctor next time I go. But last time he gave me differin lotion to put on but it did nothing.
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:48 am      Reply with quote
La mer really helped my sensitive and dry skin which is the best hydrating moisturizer I have ever used. Maybe you can try the creme de la mer first see if you like it. Together with the Concentrate, it is a serum really effective at fading acne marks.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the same issues...I feel ya..

My sensitivity issues with skin care kinda had to build up, I mean the more I used something the more my skin could start to get used to it.So I hope that works for you...even if the acne gets worse..I t tends to get worse before it gets better.

No one is actually certain what causes acne in some people...but there are triggers so try and think if you did anything differently ever since it started to show up.

Personally Ive tried lots of products before I went 95% natural...I will put dragons blood(tree sap) on my face before showering and it actually seems to make my little pimples shrink or ones with broken skin.

I use honey every morning and night, I use it pure...I just keep a jar of it on the counter in the bathroom lol...and also when I shower Ill just keep it on until the end.

I use coconut oil while my skin is wet and massage it in,

then some sunscreen that's infused with oils and herbs...if you inbox me I'll send you the link( I wear this stuff even before bed because I love it so much)and I added emu oil to it so it was even more moisturizing.

No picking...and I know people with acne still get red spots even when we don't pick which annoys me...so I'm looking into a natural lightener but I think you're too sensitive for that.

Personally since you haven't had acne before I think you should really look into the trigger reasons...it could be your hormones or maybe you've become allergic to something and you don't know it.

Eating healthy is good for all your body so I would do that...I always like to have broccoli and carrots for breakfast.
(helpful tip: frozen bagged veggies are better for you than store bought produce. Produce loses most of its nutrient and vitamins while it sits in the store. And I put them in a bowl of water and a little butter and pop it in the microwave for 2 3 mins and its great)

I wish you luck!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's a long time for your skin to recover. You can try some mild wash in the morning.Using the organic product to moisture the skin.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 am      Reply with quote
For redness the Dermalogica sensitive line is nice.
I had a travel kit of it and really liked it and will prob buy it sometime or at least the face spray and face lotion/cream.

Also I tried a cream earlier this year made with silver that reduced inflamation and redness and helps for acne.

The lotion is called Zyderma and it is not the cheapest thing, but it did get rid of the redness on my chin that was not going away from when I fell on my face (not fun).

Zyderma also worked on a couple stubborn blemishes that even cortisone injections did not work on.

I do not have anything to do with their company,but I did a few reviews for them and sent them a couple pics and I did get some free bottles- but I actually do buy their product (what the sent me was fair,but since I am using their product on 4 different spots I am using more of their product than I would like...)

I just bought a 120ml bottle and that is the most I've ever spent on a skincare item.

Also, just remembered I have seen a few other products that contain the same silver and are cheaper, but I have not ordered them yet.

I saw Lavera makes a microsilver cream and I am going to order it and hope it works well for me too....
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried some smoothing products to releive my skin condition, and they work! Eminence stone crop mask is my favorite.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I would try cleansing oils, I am using Cellular skin cleansing oil, its light and lathers a little bit, not at all drying. I also use PSF O2 serum, it sprays on, its light and refreshing.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |