Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline/Reluma/Cellese
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tangoshoes
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I read all the threads on these brands, but I'm still not clear on which of these is better. I want to make sure I don't make a very expensive mistake and order the wrong one. I'm leaning towards Reluma, but Lifeline sounds like gives good long term results. I'm looking for something to firm my skin and give some volume, my skin has gotten very thin. I have no wrinkles though.
tangoshoes
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but I read a rumor on this blog that some of the Reluma products were contaminated: http://barefacedtruth.com/2011/12/14/stem-cells-and-skin-part-2-its-the-cytokines/

That would be the first I've heard about people having serious reactions to it, almost everything else has been positive or neutral.
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting post! I came back to skincare forums after a few years break to see what was new and kicking in the antiaging skincare world.

I have been reading like crazy for weeks now trying to come to a conclusion on whether I feel fully comfortable adding cytokine products to my regimen.

I use Environ and wouldn't drop my current A-C-E/antiox regime as I believe its tried, tested, proven and safe and should be everyone's baseline regimen along with needling and sunscreen. Would adding a stem cell derived potion to the mix greatly assist? I don't know, I am very much on the fence and can't come to a conclusion despite all this reading as there ISN'T really a solid conclusion in any of these threads. I think the ingredient profile for AnteAGE looks great (magic stemcell juice aside)and those other actives alone are going to make a difference to the skin so its hard to judge how many of the positive effects one may see are actually down to the cytokines. I guess a good way to test it out properly would be to just use the AnteAGE needling serum but, boy, this wouldn't go far and would be an incredibly expensive experiment. I personally lean towards AnteAGE over the others because its complimentary ingredients hold weight and firm science on their own and, if we are to believe that Adipose derived stemcells are pro-imflammatory (with bone marrow derived medium being preferable) as touted by DrJ, then this seems the best choice. Although I think both lifeline and AnteAGE use these?

Going through multiple pages of old threads on here I feel there are lots of people who could weigh in with their thoughts/experiences but either are no longer on the forum or don't want to rehash potential old controversies. Really, we are all here for the truth and to make wise decisions. I would LOVE to hear from them now, a few years down the line (though perhaps their silence speaks in volumes?! That is the conclusion I am coming to!) There does seem to be a hell of a lot of controversial stories connected to the aforementioned companies. I have seen some unsavoury and worrying marketing strategies online which turned me right off. I've also heard the odd concerning factoid through the grapevine. I for one am not satisfied with the lack of positive reviews, lack of before and after photos and lack of clinical studies pertaining to these products themselves. Something just doesn't feel quite 'right' to me at this stage.

I'm not scared of spending the money on these products. I'm more concerned with wasting my time at best or doing harm to myself long term at worst with a science that still seems to be in its infancy with no really compelling studies, reviews or, in some cases, disclosures.

Is there anyone else out there still happily using Cellese/Lifeline? The threads on this forum basically culminated a few months after release of AnteAGE. We are now several years down the line, more than long enough for there to be some SOLID opinions on whether its worth pursuing cytokines in skin care or not? Help anyone? Embarassed
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
tangoshoes wrote:
Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but I read a rumor on this blog that some of the Reluma products were contaminated:

I think with the whole contamination thing, Osmosis were (or still are) getting their stem cell ingredients for their Stemfactor product from the same questionable source that may have been contaminated. I can chime in here and say I used Stemfactor for around 2 years and didn't notice anything at all to write home about. I'm trying my best to keep up to scratch with research/the inside world of skin care products now as I was blindly slathering that stuff on my face completely oblivious to the extremely scary, alleged contamination issues.

My break from researching skincare has made me come back with eyes WIDE open. So many companies out there have very questionable associations and back stories and I feel we are all sitting ducks/seen as cash cows and have GOT to do our research! In recent days, I've come across lots of companies I used to think were highly integral posing as consumers with no association on various forums posting rave reviews of their own products. HUGE warning flag for me these days!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have just purchased the whole lifeline products. I like that they contain stem and that they are more scientifically advanced than any other product here on EDS.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I have just purchased the whole lifeline products. I like that they contain stem and that they are more scientifically advanced than any other product here on EDS.

Any links to studies from these guys? I am trying to keep open minded but the more I delve into this the more I see a science in its infancy with no really convincing peer reviewed or independent studies that really make me want to dive in. Surely the big companies would have leapt on this technology by now if it were that incredible?

I found another site today:
https://venusskin.com

Basically, AnteAGE rebranded, linked to Cellese. Website is plastered with HUGE banner links promoting pyramid-like marketing schemes which make me puke in my mouth a little. Rolling Eyes I can't take companies like this seriously.

This is an interesting read:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46671&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kinetin&start=0

This is a rather terrifying read with links to invitrx llc (where I believe a lot of these conditioned medias come from.)
http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/09/08/30169.htm

I think I'm super late to the party and a lot of the discussions on whether these stem derived serums are actually worth their salt/safe went on behind the scenes on EDS many years ago and then people made their decisions and moved on. Sadly I think a lot of these great contributors from old EDS threads are no longer on the forum. I wonder if they went to another forum to get down to the nitty gritty and talk science and discuss WHY these actives work. It feels a bit lonely on here these days, the hardcore truth seekers don't seem to be playing anymore Confused

I really hoped I could find another new antiaging powerhouse to add to my regime and thought these stemcell derived products were it but I've lost a lot of confidence with everything I have been reading and think I will carry on with my tried and tested regime until such time as I see studies that hold more water on the effectiveness and safety of cytokines in skincare.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bugaboo, hope you will report back on how Lifeline works out for you.
I originally had disliked their Brightening cleanser, but have been using the samples they gave me about once a week and now like it.
I read all the discussion from 2012. I must have been vacationing when it happened and missed it originally. I often wonder how much of the stem cell material is actually in what we buy and wonder if it is the other, presumably safe things like HA are well formulated and thus the good results. All I can say is that it works for me.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
Bugaboo, hope you will report back on how Lifeline works out for you.
I originally had disliked their Brightening cleanser, but have been using the samples they gave me about once a week and now like it.
I read all the discussion from 2012. I must have been vacationing when it happened and missed it originally. I often wonder how much of the stem cell material is actually in what we buy and wonder if it is the other, presumably safe things like HA are well formulated and thus the good results. All I can say is that it works for me.

Good question. I do wonder how easily corrupted they can be once thawed. It is recommended (from the papers I have read) that cytokines are stored in extremely low temperatures long term. How well can they actually get on in a serum full of many other actives, at room temperature. Is there a pH contraindication issue? I don't know but have wondered about their stability considering all the variables and the fact they seem to be quite fragile. The cytokine media is neutral at pH 7. How well will they really do in the pH 5.something solutions from these companies?

I guess my BIG issue with all these stem derived serums is that they ARE packed full of excellent actives that are tried, tested and proven. There is absolutely no way of telling whether the positive results are from the cytokines or the other actives which DO have excellent result histories/studies behind them. I have seen very, VERY few before/after pics from cytokine serum companies and, while the few I have seen are a decent example, again - how do we know that an excellent response by a rosacea sufferer was not simply down to the Niacinamide in the formula, or the like and nada to do with the magic stemcell juice?

I would like to see these companies perform studies with JUST the cytokines so their claims of this "miracle ingredient" held a bit more water. Most of these companies are either "patent pending" after MANY years, or have no patent at all. This just all seems suspect for 'the world's most innovative and effective active in modern day skincare', as it is according to these companies. WHY then are they not keen to prove that their highly promoted active IS what makes their products a head and shoulder above the rest, rather than all the other stuff in there which we could purchase for a tiny fraction of the price?

I am certainly not out to pooh-pooh these companies due to any personal bias, I have no hidden agenda apart from my blatant own: I like to do my research and satisfy any concern I may have before adding something into my routine in good faith. If I was more confident due to seeing solid clinical studies which satisfied my cynical mind I'd be throwing my money at cynokine products by the fistful! The strange links these companies all have to each other in So Cal and their less than savoury histories involving legal issues, funny business and certain doctors involved having been struck off for malpractice (if you dig deep) just makes me veeery weary. The pyramid schemes they seem to be tangled in have made me run for the freaking hills for now! Be careful folks! Things that really, really pack a punch tend to stand on their own two feet with fantastic clinical studies to boot like vitamin C, vitamin A, the matrixyls, niacinamide etc. and the big skin care companies tend to jump on them readily! Embarassed

I await news on this with as open-a mind as I can muster in the hope of seeing something convincing and SOLID in the future! Wink
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely report on the product. I purchased the starter kit last week and it inspired me to dive in and buy each product. I have issues with a lot of products. I am integrating them now with the last of what I have been using lately. I guess I am like a lot of women, I have a lot of products that I am not using. This weekend I am starting my spring cleaning and I am donating clothes and skincare!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I will definitely report on the product. I purchased the starter kit last week and it inspired me to dive in and buy each product. I have issues with a lot of products. I am integrating them now with the last of what I have been using lately. I guess I am like a lot of women, I have a lot of products that I am not using. This weekend I am starting my spring cleaning and I am donating clothes and skincare!

Yes! Laughing The amount of times I have purchased a product, read a bit deeper into it, and plopped it straight on the shelf! It feels so good streamlining our products down to only the things we use, and that work!
tangoshoes
5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
The main reason I am focusing so much on this is I have been using a product by Neocutis, another stem cell technology brand, on my eyes. It has been the only thing I've ever used that has made a difference for my skin, besides vitamin C. So I think stem cell technology is the way to go. I didn't like using the Neocutis on the rest of my face, so I've been wondering if Lifeline would work on my face.

I found more info on those court cases with Reluma, and I've decided I'm not going to use their products. I think I'm going to buy Lifeline soon, at least their company isn't shady.
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:12 am      Reply with quote
tangoshoes wrote:
The main reason I am focusing so much on this is I have been using a product by Neocutis, another stem cell technology brand, on my eyes. It has been the only thing I've ever used that has made a difference for my skin, besides vitamin C. So I think stem cell technology is the way to go. I didn't like using the Neocutis on the rest of my face, so I've been wondering if Lifeline would work on my face.

I found more info on those court cases with Reluma, and I've decided I'm not going to use their products. I think I'm going to buy Lifeline soon, at least their company isn't shady.

Which Neocutis product are you using and what differences have you noticed? We could check out the ingredients and see if we could make head or tails of why it may be working for you. When a stem cell product works I'm always tempted to see what else is in the serum mix which is tried and proven. At this point I just don't think we should be convinced by cytokines until we see compelling studies which involve them alone, not combined with other proven actives. I've found a source online that suggests the stem media from Neocutis is derived from aborted fetuses, unsure of the viability of cytokines from this source.

From the info to be found out there, adipose derived sources are to be avoided due to their imflammatory profiles and the way forward is bone marrow derived cytokines from young adults. I'm not too sure of the current thinking on infant foreskin and fetus derived SS but I'm sure, if I remember rightly, a quick search brings something up on BFT. However, again, they are a bias site (Cellese) and we don't know what is simply marketing these days. However, bone marrow would be the way I would personally wish to go if I were to use these potions.

The bottom line is always the darned same for me:

"A spokeswoman for Lifeline Skin Care in California says independent studies have been conducted that show its stem cell ingredients to be effective. USA TODAY Sports asked the company for data from such studies but didn’t receive any that proved whether the same lotion produced better results with the stem cell ingredient than without it."

source:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/09/01/stem-cells-fda-facial-cream-lotion/71506494/

I'm going into pure hear-say now but there was a mumble through the grapevine years ago suggesting that a dr from one of these stemcell company was overheard at a convention saying they made products for desperate, rich middle aged women. Sadly, right now, I think our answer to how useful the cytokines are alone sits somewhere around there! What element of their product makes them worth $$$'s as opposed to any other product with, basically, the same ingredient profile except for one? Yep, the stem cell element. They HAVE to push this ingredient as the one thing that separates them from the rest and, if this ingredients were to be discredited, they'd be screwed. Thusly they seem utterly uninterested in performing studies pertaining to this ingredient alone. Obviously their aim is to make money, which is understandable, but if their cytokine and special growth factor cocktails were that much of an antiaging powerhouse they would stand to make MEGABUCKS by selling them to one of the huge skincare companies. Surely this would appeal to them IF it were viable? Food for thought.

None, and I mean NONE, of these companies will ever have any credence with me until they show us watertight studies with data proving that the cytokines stand on their own two feet without a host of other proven actives in their serum. Why are they not already scrabbling to do that? Good question really, and these products have been out for MANY years now. I find it suspect that all these companies hatched from the same egg location-wise and, in one way or another, all originally started out holding hands, all associated with each other in one way or another. Not one of them has made the obvious step of having the cytokines tested independently so they could show us something SOLID Rolling Eyes Or have they? am I missing the boat? I can't find anything online. In that light I feel they rely on the desperation/naivety of people who don't tend to question things too much and are willing to just get out their money willy nilly.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Metallicblue wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

Any links to studies from these guys? I am trying to keep open minded but the more I delve into this the more I see a science in its infancy with no really convincing peer reviewed or independent studies that really make me want to dive in. Surely the big companies would have leapt on this technology by now if it were that incredible?

I found another site today:
https://venusskin.com

Basically, AnteAGE rebranded, linked to Cellese. Website is plastered with HUGE banner links promoting pyramid-like marketing schemes which make me puke in my mouth a little. Rolling Eyes I can't take companies like this seriously.

This is an interesting read:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46671&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kinetin&start=0

This is a rather terrifying read with links to invitrx llc (where I believe a lot of these conditioned medias come from.)
http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/09/08/30169.htm

I think I'm super late to the party and a lot of the discussions on whether these stem derived serums are actually worth their salt/safe went on behind the scenes on EDS many years ago and then people made their decisions and moved on. Sadly I think a lot of these great contributors from old EDS threads are no longer on the forum. I wonder if they went to another forum to get down to the nitty gritty and talk science and discuss WHY these actives work. It feels a bit lonely on here these days, the hardcore truth seekers don't seem to be playing anymore Confused

I really hoped I could find another new antiaging powerhouse to add to my regime and thought these stemcell derived products were it but I've lost a lot of confidence with everything I have been reading and think I will carry on with my tried and tested regime until such time as I see studies that hold more water on the effectiveness and safety of cytokines in skincare.

I despise multi-level marketing companies but I actually like Seacret products. Quality Dead Sea ingredients and no parabens. Face products didn't agree with me but my sister loves them. I love the body products, they are fantastic. No, I don't sell it either. I have used my lifeline eye cream and the day and night face creams and so far I think they are great. The eye cream absorbs nicely without any shine and is a great eye makeup base.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:58 am      Reply with quote
The product I'm using on my eyes is called Bio Serum, it also contains a peptide called TT2 which might be giving me some benefits, but there's not a whole lot else in there:

Water (Aqua)​,​ Glycerin​,​ Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride​,​ Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer​,​ Pullulan​,​ Squalane​,​ Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate​,​ Butylene Glycol​,​ Sodium Hyaluronate​,​ Acetyl Glucosamine​,​ Arginine​,​ Proline​,​ Glycine​,​ Glutamine​,​ Processed Skin Proteins (PSP)​,​ Trifluoracetyl Tripeptide-2​,​ Algae Extract​,​ Polysorbate 60​,​ Dextran​,​ Ethylhexylglycerin​,​ Disodium EDTA​,​ Sodium Hydroxide​,​ Chlorphenesin​,​ Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer​,​ Phenoxyethanol​.

I noticed lifting of my eyelids, the skin is much less crepey, more firm. I only buy it when it's 30% off because it costs $235, but the bottle lasts me a long time since I only use it on my eyes/forehead. I'm still on the first bottle and it's gotten used maybe 3-4 months total. And that's with me applying double layers of it, so if I stop double applying it will last me longer.

This was after me just about giving up and thinking there was nothing that could improve my eye skin, so I don't really care about the cost. $165 (30% off) for 4-5 months of product is actually cheap for an eye product when nothing else was working.

I found a few studies, I just scrolled down to the conclusions on both of them:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5108505/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17966179

I wonder if I use both lifeline and neocutis, it'll be able to restore my eye skin even more.
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting those studies! I have to give 'em a proper good read. At a glance, bearing in mind that I am not a scientist, the conclusion of the first one is that Matrikines perform best/are better absorbed. Cytokines are too large for penetration and need a liposomal delivery system or to have their structure made smaller to promote absorption. If I remember rightly this process (lysing) has some controversy attached to it but, again, one must always question the source of these claims.

I guess that is why Matrikines (Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000 and Matrixyl synth'6) are held is such high regard and are favoured by companies such as Environ. Soooo much learning, reading and grasping to do but ultimately I feel safe with Environ right now and believe that, if there is an active capable of packing a punch, they will add it to their line.

In my honest opinion I don't think there is nearly enough in the Bioserum to make it worth the wild price. Paula's choice reviews are also not free from bias but I tend to agree with her strongly on this one. There is no single miracle ingredient in skincare. We need to use multiple proven actives and stay weary of products that don't read well with only one or two hazy actives on the label. I still think that Cellese offer the very best in this type of serum because, even if the cytokines are doing very little, the other actives in there are pretty excellent. I think you get a lot more bang for your buck from that one. Though, at this point, I'm still not hugely sold on cytokines. I'll put my money on the Matrikines for now Smile

http://www.beautypedia.com/skin-care-reviews/by-brand/neocutis/_/Neocutis-Bio-Serum-Intensive-Treatment
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeline moisture night recovery serum:

Water, Caprylic, Glyceryl steric acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Peptides from human stem cells, Carthamus tinctorius (safflower)oil, cetyl alcohol, ubiquinone, phospholipids, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry extract), tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, camelia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, tremelia fuciformis sporocarp (mushroom) extract, isoquercetin, troxerutin, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, nicotinamide, pyridoxal hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, inositol, glycerin, sorbitan sesquioleate, sodium PCA, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, sorbic acid, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 60, carbomer, disodium EDTA, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sodium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, triethanolamine, hexylene glycol.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |