Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Can I Apply Vit. C Serum To My Under Eye Area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

I'm going to make a homemade vitamin C serum based on help from other members, will start with 10% and work my way up, but can I apply this to the delicate skin of my under eye area? I have kind of hollow eyes and dark circles, I might be somewhat underweight even though I seem to have a pretty average body fat composition. Is it safe to apply to this area?

What is the highest percentage that would be totally safe to use in that area?

Either way I'll avoid that area the first few times until I see how my skin reacts to it.

Thanks
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh I don't know more about it. But my mom used it for eye area in the past and it is ok. Maybe you can do it
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes you can use Vitamin C under the eyes, but be careful as sometimes that area is extra sensitive. If you are using ascorbic acid, a helpful tip that I found was to apply it to damp skin. For some reason the dampness helps the serum penetrate further. I have no idea why but there was a large amount of info from the book that I read (can't recall it now) but it said if you apply it to damp skin the serum actually can travel further.

10% is quite strong though, so initially you may want to dilute it a little more so you are at 5% for your eye area. Then gradually increase to 10%.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I use Cosmetic Skin Solutions vitamin c on my eyelids and under my eye most days but my skin is quite resilient. YMMV

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
It's okay to apply vitamin C serum to the under eye area, but since the skin is thinner and tends to be more sensitive, I would just be careful with it. If it stings, I would lower the dose or buffer it with a moisturizer.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you can use vitamin C all over your skin. Best Vitamin C serums are the organic one. Stay away from toxic ingredients that give cancer and worrisome hormone disruptors.

AVOID THOSE INGREDIENTS:

Coal Tar: A known carcinogen banned in the EU, but still used in North America. Used in dry skin treatments, anti-lice and anti-dandruff shampoos, also listed as a colour plus number, i.e. FD&C Red No. 6.

DEA/TEA/MEA: Suspected carcinogens used as emulsifiers and foaming agents for shampoos, body washes, soaps.

Ethoxylated surfactants and 1,4-dioxane: Never listed because it’s a by-product made from adding carcinogenic ethylene oxide to make other chemicals less harsh. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has found 1,4-dioxane in 57 percent of baby washes in the U.S. Avoid any ingredients containing the letters "eth."

Formaldehyde: Probable carcinogen and irritant found in nail products, hair dye, fake eyelash adhesives, shampoos. Banned in the EU.

Fragrance/Parfum: A catchall for hidden chemicals, such as phthalates. Fragrance is connected to headaches, dizziness, asthma, and allergies.

Hydroquinone: Used for lightening skin. Banned in the UK, rated most toxic on the EWG’s Skin Deep database, and linked to cancer and reproductive toxicity.

Lead: Known carcinogen found in lipstick and hair dye, but never listed because it’s a contaminant, not an ingredient.

Mercury: Known allergen that impairs brain development. Found in mascara and some eyedrops.

Mineral oil: By-product of petroleum that’s used in baby oil, moisturizers, styling gels. It creates a film that impairs the skin’s ability to release toxins.

Oxybenzone: Active ingredient in chemical sunscreens that accumulates in fatty tissues and is linked to allergies, hormone disruption, cellular damage, low birth weight.

Parabens: Used as preservatives, found in many products. Linked to cancer, endocrine disruption, reproductive toxicity.

Paraphenylenediamine (PPD): Used in hair products and dyes, but toxic to skin and immune system.

Phthalates: Plasticizers banned in the EU and California in children’s toys, but present in many fragrances, perfumes, deodorants, lotions. Linked to endocrine disruption, liver/kidney/lung damage, cancer.

Placental extract: Used in some skin and hair products, but linked to endocrine disruption.

Polyethylene glycol (PEG): Penetration enhancer used in many products, it’s often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane and ethylene oxide, both known carcinogens.

Silicone-derived emollients: Used to make a product feel soft, these don’t biodegrade, and also prevent skin from breathing. Linked to tumour growth and skin irritation.

Sodium lauryl (ether) sulfate (SLS, SLES): A former industrial degreaser now used to make soap foamy, it’s absorbed into the body and irritates skin.

Talc: Similar to asbestos in composition, it’s found in baby powder, eye shadow, blush, deodorant. Linked to ovarian cancer and respiratory problems.

Toluene: Known to disrupt the immune and endocrine systems, and fetal development, it’s used in nail and hair products. Often hidden under fragrance.

Triclosan: Found in antibacterial products, hand sanitizers, and deodorants, it is linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. Avoid the brand Microban.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Vit C is great for under eye area - and can be applied anywhere on skin. Depending on the ph of the one you use though - it can cause irritation if too strong.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! In addition to what everyone else has said, I find that using my C serum under my eyes is very plumping and brightening. Just be careful not to use too much or get it *into* your eyes and it's no trouble.
amber_flower
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I do it everytime.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I use the 15% Vitamin C Serum from PSF around my eyes & on my eyelids. I wear contact lenses & I have no problems. Just avoid getting it into your eyes, obviously, as it is acidic & would burn. HTH!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I don without any issues.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely use my C under my eyes without any issues. It's a 12% concentration. I also use a 20% C in combo w other vitamins (Face Synergy Serum from Cellular Skin) under my eyes without any issues. Doesn't seem to bother my skin at all. Definitely has helped brighten up my dark circles. I think this is mainly due to more collagen. I feel like my skin in that area is not as thin and translucent as it used to be. I have been using C for over ten years now. I don't know what I'd do without it.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
Yes you can use vitamin C all over your skin. Best Vitamin C serums are the organic one. Stay away from toxic ingredients that give cancer and worrisome hormone disruptors.

AVOID THOSE INGREDIENTS:

Coal Tar: A known carcinogen banned in the EU, but still used in North America. Used in dry skin treatments, anti-lice and anti-dandruff shampoos, also listed as a colour plus number, i.e. FD&C Red No. 6.

DEA/TEA/MEA: Suspected carcinogens used as emulsifiers and foaming agents for shampoos, body washes, soaps.

Ethoxylated surfactants and 1,4-dioxane: Never listed because it’s a by-product made from adding carcinogenic ethylene oxide to make other chemicals less harsh. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has found 1,4-dioxane in 57 percent of baby washes in the U.S. Avoid any ingredients containing the letters "eth."

Formaldehyde: Probable carcinogen and irritant found in nail products, hair dye, fake eyelash adhesives, shampoos. Banned in the EU.

Fragrance/Parfum: A catchall for hidden chemicals, such as phthalates. Fragrance is connected to headaches, dizziness, asthma, and allergies.

Hydroquinone: Used for lightening skin. Banned in the UK, rated most toxic on the EWG’s Skin Deep database, and linked to cancer and reproductive toxicity.

Lead: Known carcinogen found in lipstick and hair dye, but never listed because it’s a contaminant, not an ingredient.

Mercury: Known allergen that impairs brain development. Found in mascara and some eyedrops.

Mineral oil: By-product of petroleum that’s used in baby oil, moisturizers, styling gels. It creates a film that impairs the skin’s ability to release toxins.

Oxybenzone: Active ingredient in chemical sunscreens that accumulates in fatty tissues and is linked to allergies, hormone disruption, cellular damage, low birth weight.

Parabens: Used as preservatives, found in many products. Linked to cancer, endocrine disruption, reproductive toxicity.

Paraphenylenediamine (PPD): Used in hair products and dyes, but toxic to skin and immune system.

Phthalates: Plasticizers banned in the EU and California in children’s toys, but present in many fragrances, perfumes, deodorants, lotions. Linked to endocrine disruption, liver/kidney/lung damage, cancer.

Placental extract: Used in some skin and hair products, but linked to endocrine disruption.

Polyethylene glycol (PEG): Penetration enhancer used in many products, it’s often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane and ethylene oxide, both known carcinogens.

Silicone-derived emollients: Used to make a product feel soft, these don’t biodegrade, and also prevent skin from breathing. Linked to tumour growth and skin irritation.

Sodium lauryl (ether) sulfate (SLS, SLES): A former industrial degreaser now used to make soap foamy, it’s absorbed into the body and irritates skin.

Talc: Similar to asbestos in composition, it’s found in baby powder, eye shadow, blush, deodorant. Linked to ovarian cancer and respiratory problems.

Toluene: Known to disrupt the immune and endocrine systems, and fetal development, it’s used in nail and hair products. Often hidden under fragrance.

Triclosan: Found in antibacterial products, hand sanitizers, and deodorants, it is linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. Avoid the brand Microban.

Thanks for posting this info. There are a few high end products here that are very popular even though they include these awful ingredients. Customers need to be aware of this.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 am      Reply with quote
generally speaking yes,and you can try it inside of your wrist for a few miniutes,then put it among your eyes.I really hope it could help you.
ulli64

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:

AVOID THOSE INGREDIENTS:

Thanks for posting this info. There are a few high end products here that are very popular even though they include these awful ingredients. Customers need to be aware of this.

Thats why all my face and body creams are handcrafted.
Only Serum, foundations,blushes ect. are from te drugstore.i dont use high end cosmetic,wich promissed a lot and dont keep any promisses.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes you can. I use a 27% organic Vitamin C serum once a day. All over my face and under my eyes and also my neck. So many people forget to take care of the neck. I buy my organic vitamin C serum from imfabulouscosmetics.com
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
When I (used to) make products dyi, I would normally look at professionally formulated products.

Here is a good reference for you

IS CLINICAL EYE SERUM PLUS
"C Eye Advance+ contains 7.5% time released vitamin C to brighten and revive the eye area"

HOWEVER, be ware of the marketing hype. This formulation calls for L-ascorbic acid AND THERE IS NOTHING SLOW RELEASE ABOUT IT. You can't encapsulate acids in liposomes.

johndoe1125 wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm going to make a homemade vitamin C serum based on help from other members, will start with 10% and work my way up, but can I apply this to the delicate skin of my under eye area? I have kind of hollow eyes and dark circles, I might be somewhat underweight even though I seem to have a pretty average body fat composition. Is it safe to apply to this area?

What is the highest percentage that would be totally safe to use in that area?

Either way I'll avoid that area the first few times until I see how my skin reacts to it.

Thanks
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
It's better to consult a doctor. Eyes are very important. It's important not to hurt your eyes.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |