Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Neck Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angie1968

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Im so out of my league here. Im totally lost, and really would like any help or advice please, Ive never been on a forum before.

Id like some advice on the skin on my neck. Im 49 and menopausal and my neck is looking really old. The skin is looking kind of lumpy and has no stretch. Its really getting me down so I dont want to look in the mirror any more. A friend said I can use her Reaura but Im not sure if shes joking or if I should ask her about it or if I should do something else.

Ive always used moisturiser and a few years ago I started using a serum too....I didnt know about all this other stuff. Its another world to me!

Sorry but please could anyone offer any advice? Ive tried searching for posts but theres so many I dont know what to do. Thank you.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Google "how to get rid of neck wrinkles" and read everything, might help. Personally I use Monsia Skincare but every night after applying the night repair cream I mix aloe vera gel with a couple of drops of vit E oil and apply this in an upward motion from base of neck upwards to chin & ears. Works well for me.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Look up facerobics on youtube. She has great exercises for the face and for turkey neck.

using products..and doing some facial and neck exercises will help.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:38 am      Reply with quote
When we hit menopause we lose collagen in our skin quite quickly. I'm 53 and I'll detail what worked really well for me. You need to look for creams with peptides and soy proteins as these are both proven to help rebuild collagen.

1 - I use Palmers Bust Firming Massage Cream (see makeupalley for reviews). It contains matrixyl, soy protein, soluble collagen and hydrolised elastin. Too rich for my combination face, but perfect for the decollate. I chose this product because at the time there were very few inexpensive products in Australia containing matrixyl. These days its really common and considerably cheaper. I've tried heaps of others, but the Palmers Bust Firming Massage Cream is still the one that works best for me. Goodness knows why.

2 - Facial exercises, they really help firm up this area. Another reason the neck goes so quickly in menopause is the loss of estrogen affects muscle tone, so you really need to address that.

3 - Before you use this, consult with your doctor. LifeFlo BioEstro cream contains both estriol and estradiol in an 80/20 ratio. This particular cream only contains a small amount of estradiol. The main ingredient, Estriol, has no effect on periods, but still helps buffer the loss of estrogen at this time of life.

Both the Palmers and LifeFlo creams can be purchased inexpensively from IHerb online.

4 - Retin A and Vitamin C have both been proved to help increase collagen production.

Hope this helps a bit.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Okay neck is a problem area for most folk. It was mine when I was 50 but that’s due to a rapid amount of weightloss and the skin just sagged like no tomorrow. What I can share with you is what helped me out big time. Dry skin brushing – for exfoliation is a great help – it helps to smooth the skin and exfoliate. Second is sun protection is a must. People think of their faces but forgot their necks. Don’t because necks are often revealers of sun damage and that is a cause of the many issues with neck and neck skin. Secondly exercises for the neck are a must. The muscle (platysma) is a sheet like muscle that can separate from the skin over time, but exercises stop that happening. Whilst I am against spot training, I do think its one thing that if you have got no time to exercise – then exercising this one muscle will help to no end. Re your friend and the reaura – ask her about it. Say you’d appreciate her suggestions and ask her what she thinks about your neck? Now MP and 49 are two big factors, get your hormones checked and balanced because they play havoc with the skin and looseness usually is hormones imbalances.
Angie1968 wrote:
Wow, Im so out of my league here. Im totally lost, and really would like any help or advice please, Ive never been on a forum before.

Id like some advice on the skin on my neck. Im 49 and menopausal and my neck is looking really old. The skin is looking kind of lumpy and has no stretch. Its really getting me down so I dont want to look in the mirror any more. A friend said I can use her Reaura but Im not sure if shes joking or if I should ask her about it or if I should do something else.

Ive always used moisturiser and a few years ago I started using a serum too....I didnt know about all this other stuff. Its another world to me!

Sorry but please could anyone offer any advice? Ive tried searching for posts but theres so many I dont know what to do. Thank you.
Angie1968

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Wow, wow, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You've all really brought my smile back. I haven't mentioned to anyone else about feeling so down about this but now it feels like there is hope and something I can do. I asked my friend about borrowing her Reaura but she said she only used it on her face but did say I could buy it off of her she doesn't use it anymore...is that because it wasn't very good, I dont know. Ive made notes of all the products you've all suggested and Im going internet shopping and on Youtube . Im in Ireland ...does it matter where I get these things from?
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Palmers is a commonly available brand and the bust massage cream is probably availabe in Ireland. I live in Australia and I buy both products I mentioned on IHerb. Just google IHerb. I'm pretty sure they would ship to Ireland and their shipping costs are very reasonable, but check out your local chemists for the Palmers first.

Secondly, if necessary try EBAY. You would also be able to purchase a small brush on EBAY for dry brushing your face and neck.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Revision Skincare has a neck cream that seems to get good reviews,sold here on EDS. I haven't tried it but might be worth checking out.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Angie1968 wrote:
Wow, wow, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You've all really brought my smile back. I haven't mentioned to anyone else about feeling so down about this but now it feels like there is hope and something I can do. I asked my friend about borrowing her Reaura but she said she only used it on her face but did say I could buy it off of her she doesn't use it anymore...is that because it wasn't very good, I dont know. Ive made notes of all the products you've all suggested and Im going internet shopping and on Youtube . Im in Ireland ...does it matter where I get these things from?

Here is websitewww.monsiaskincare.com/ie/

I hope everything works for you, good luck and keep us all updated as to your progress.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Flex effect facial and neck exercises to actually exercise the muscles, as we age we have atrophy and you need to prevent that.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Well I bought some Palmers cream, vit e and retin a. I use this after my usual moisturiser twice each day. Ive also been doing the exercises but I haven't really noticed any difference yet.

except that I love the smell of the palmers so much but it makes me crave chocolate lol.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Don't forget your posture - that plays a vital role too.

Well its early days re exercises. Also check your sleeping position, i.e. if you sleep on 3 pillows it has an impact on neck skin versus sleeping on one, and you can see this in a mirror if you look too.
Angie1968 wrote:
Hi everyone

Well I bought some Palmers cream, vit e and retin a. I use this after my usual moisturiser twice each day. Ive also been doing the exercises but I haven't really noticed any difference yet.

except that I love the smell of the palmers so much but it makes me crave chocolate lol.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 am      Reply with quote
A great video to tune into for neck exercises and tips is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIfaM-2IDzo

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly don't think some cream is going to make much of a difference and that more drastic and invasive treatments are needed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Not necessarily true. My dermatologist said that it is very important to treat your skin and chest with the same care as your face. It is a very dry area and thinner skin, so sunscreen and hydration is very important.
Also exercises, peels, drybrushing, dermarolling and at home lasers and LED can help. Those are less invasive.
Now once the damage is done, it is hard to go back and correct but there are in-office lasers, botox and treatments that help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I agree that its not necessarily true. For me I didn't resort to drastic or surgical measures and the skin changed there within a year. I also think that like most things there are risks with the drastic and surgical methods that people are often quick to dismiss because they just want change in that area.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Angie1968 wrote:

Nope Google Monsia Skincare when you are into the website scroll down to the bottom 1st column under customer care select Monsia worldwide and you can select Ireland. Have fun shopping online!
jessica1000

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:01 am      Reply with quote
If you smoke – quit. Smoking has a huge effect to the appearance of the skin. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Menopausal skin tends to lack oils and nutrients. Try a good quality omega 3 and 6 supplement. This is one of the most helpful oral supplements you can take for mature skin.
During menopause night creams are important as this is when the skin does most of its repairing and rejuvenating. Use rich creams to really nourish the skin.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Not necessarily true. My dermatologist said that it is very important to treat your skin and chest with the same care as your face. It is a very dry area and thinner skin, so sunscreen and hydration is very important.
Also exercises, peels, drybrushing, dermarolling and at home lasers and LED can help. Those are less invasive.
Now once the damage is done, it is hard to go back and correct but there are in-office lasers, botox and treatments that help.

I agree that if you neglect your neck area it is hard to treat with just topical products. I am dealing with this now. too much tanning plus I had acne on my chest so I was always trying to tan it to kill bacteria and creams were just irritating.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lin1313 wrote:
Google "how to get rid of neck wrinkles" and read everything, might help. Personally I use Monsia Skincare but every night after applying the night repair cream I mix aloe vera gel with a couple of drops of vit E oil and apply this in an upward motion from base of neck upwards to chin & ears. Works well for me.
。said great!just do this you will find so many ways to improve your neck. How about REVITAL NECK ZONE ESSENCE.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am on my 4th microneedling treatment and have noticed some mild success at texture improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:47 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I am on my 4th microneedling treatment and have noticed some mild success at texture improvement.

Is microneedling VERY painful?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
The fatty parts, no. The forehead and boney parts, under the nose hurt like $#@%! Use lidocaine first and its a breeze.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:12 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
The fatty parts, no. The forehead and boney parts, under the nose hurt like $#@%! Use lidocaine first and its a breeze.

Sounds painful. I think I'll pass!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to agree. Any firming cream that's good enough for the face, it's good enough for the neck for me.

If I decide to indulge and spend on a neck product, it's just that: indulge

bugaboo wrote:
I honestly don't think some cream is going to make much of a difference and that more drastic and invasive treatments are needed.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |