Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
PSF New DETOX Intensive Clay Masque - Rave!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I had to write a review on this clay mask! I am loving it so far & I just noticed that EDS has it up for sale under their new products:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-pure-skin-formulation-p_19841.htm

So the first thing I like about this is that it comes as a powder! It's not premixed. Which seems like it would be a pain to mix, but really it's quite easy! I like the idea of getting 100% pure concentrated ingredients & not paying for over 50% water. It's a blend of clays, activated charcoal, fullerene-60 (a nano-antioxidant), organic matcha green tea, organic coffee, organic cocoa & aloe.

I just put a teaspoon of the powder in a little glass bowl & add a teaspoon of whatever liquid I choose - I've used regular water in a pinch, but when I've had time & been creative, I've used apple cider vinegar, honey, pomegranite juice, yogurt. It goes on smooth & BLACK! You know that it's dry when it turns light grey. Then I just rinse it off with a warm washcloth & OMG my skin is so soft & smooth and my pores are nowhere to be found! Very Happy

I think this jar will last me for a long time too. I've been using it once or twice a week and I've barely put a dent in it. I've used other clay masks before that have really dried out my skin & made my face feel tight, but this doesn't do that, which is nice! And the ingredients are all so healthy, it feels nice doing something so good for my skin. Very Happy

Here's the ingredient list from the PSF website:
Ingredients: Bentonite (Bentonite Clay), Illite (Green Illite Clay), Activated Charcoal, Camellia sinensis (Organic Matcha Tea Leaf) Powder, Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Allantoin, Fullerene-C60, Coffea Arabica (Organic Coffee) Bean Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Organic Cocoa) Powder
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just received mine too, haven't tried it yet. How long did you leave it on for?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I just leave it on until all the dark spots turn light & that means that it's dry. Maybe about 15 minutes? I'm sure I've left it on longer without realizing but I don't think it can hurt. Let us know how you like it & what ingredients you add to yours bugaboo! I'm thinking of adding some red wine to my next masque night. All those antioxidants would be good for my skin I think!
bugaboo wrote:
I just received mine too, haven't tried it yet. How long did you leave it on for?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking of mixing with some yogurt and or apple cider vinegar?? Or maybe orange juice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I was thinking of mixing with some yogurt and or apple cider vinegar?? Or maybe orange juice.

I've done yogurt & apple cider vinegar - its great! The yogurt alone is too thick to mix the powder with, but it's perfect with the sole cider vinegar. I think that orange juice would be a great idea bugaboo! All that added vitamin c has got to be great for the skin!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I used this mask with some orange juice and it left my skin refreshed and glowing. I would say this also quite exfoliating as the mask dried quite hard and it took some scrubbing to get it off. Not a bad thing but it will take a few uses to get the right consistency and I made too much the first time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I used this mask with some orange juice and it left my skin refreshed and glowing. I would say this also quite exfoliating as the mask dried quite hard and it took some scrubbing to get it off. Not a bad thing but it will take a few uses to get the right consistency and I made too much the first time.

I still have to try it with orange juice bugaboo! Yes it is quite exfoliating you're right. But for some odd reason it's not drying on my skin. I made too much the first couple times also. A little bit really goes a long way!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Not at all drying and I love exfoliating. Going to try coffee next. What have you used recently?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Not at all drying and I love exfoliating. Going to try coffee next. What have you used recently?

Oooh! Coffee sounds amazing! I will have to give that a try. I imagine it would give a firming/toning affect to the skin. Good thinking bugaboo! I have tried something new with this masque! We had a new Middle Eastern market open up by me, so I did some shopping there & bought some amazing spices & some yummy food (grape leaves were to die for!). Anyway, I bought a bottle of rosewater to cook with. I was getting ready to do a Detox masque & was going to brew some rooibose tea to add to it when I saw the bottle of rosewater sitting on my kitchen counter. So I used that in the masque. Omg! I felt like I was at a day spa! Sooooo luxurious!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I used this tonight with coffee. I combined 1/2 teaspoon of the PSF product with 1/2 teaspoon of strong espresso. I think I should have used just coffee. After the mask started to dry my skin started to get the itchy prickly feeling, I could barely leave the mask on long enough and it started to drive me crazy and I couldn't get it off fast enough. Think I made too strong of coffee. My skin looks awesome though! Always had larger pores in my T zone that were clogged looking and they are completely clean! Guess the coffee really detoxed them. Was worth the buzz!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no bugaboo! Lol. I haven't tried coffee in the masque try. When I do I'll be sure to use just regular coffee & not espresso. The PSF product already has coffee beans powder in it, so maybe it was just too much caffeine for your skin? I did try the orange juice though. It made my skin super smooth & soft! I think the acid in the juice added extra exfoliation. I'm so loving this PSF masque! And I'm having fun coming up with all these recipes! Laughing
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a bunch of Doterra essential oils, so now I am researching which blend I can make for a mask lol. Maybe I'll try the mask with some collagen powder I have.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:31 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I just bought a bunch of Doterra essential oils, so now I am researching which blend I can make for a mask lol. Maybe I'll try the mask with some collagen powder I have.

That's a great idea bugaboo! I never even thought of adding essential oils! If you come up with a good recipe that you like, please share!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just a mask with greek yogurt, raw honey and essential oils: Myrhh, Frankinsense, patchouli and Helicrysum. My skin looks bright and clean. Tight pores too. The mask was very creamy, cooling and thick. Used a spatlula to apply Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like the mask but I thin with kefir (a liquid yogurt). I also use Frankincense which I posted on before and really love.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
yogurt and essential oils are my favourite combos. I will have to get some Kefir.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2017 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I do a detox face mask every Sunday night. It clears up the pores and decongests the skin. I love the I'm Fabulous Cosmetics Detox mask organic. I wish that brand was sold on here so that I could win some free one from posting on this forum. Maybe one day....
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2017 6:31 am      Reply with quote
It is very interesting, after reading all your post, I will need to try it later.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |