Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I Am Stopping Botox - Any Alternatives??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
terraaus
5% products discount

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies. They work if consistently used.
emmalina22

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I have had botox injected twice. Both times I got severe anxiety about 2 days after. I am prone to anxiety but this is unbearable. I am seriously thinking of not getting it again. I asked my derm if she had heard of anyone having anxiety after and she said no. Just not sure if it is worth it anymore.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Have you discussed these symptoms with the doctor who injected you? It may be worth reading the Safetox and Yamuna ball threads as well as the face exercise ones. You might also consider focussing on a hydrating routine and/ or taking a low molecular weight hyaluronic acid supplement.

What Hyaluronic acid are you suggesting?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Have you discussed these symptoms with the doctor who injected you? It may be worth reading the Safetox and Yamuna ball threads as well as the face exercise ones. You might also consider focussing on a hydrating routine and/ or taking a low molecular weight hyaluronic acid supplement.

What Hyaluronic A supplement do you use? with low molecular weight. Thanx. Agree with this suggestion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Botox for 11's only and stopped because of alternatives. I do facial exercises and frownies. I am 53. At 34 I can't see the need. It is a toxin and continued use will change your brow and forehead structure over time due to loss of musculature. Options- Do facial exercises for your forehead - only do botox for the 11's if you must but still do facial exercises .... stop the crows feet or space it out to once a year. It is a scary thing - botox..... Time will bear this out. Also check Tonya Zavasta - she has all kind sof alternatives.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've used CPs with Tua Trend last few years, need to switch to facial exercises but sure, it's possible to stop Botox. I've never used it but have been accused of doing so..... Ageless Secret Gold with Lightstim also looks interesting, certainly worth checking out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNUddD6bJAU
aadamJese

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Due to over caused in my face wrinkles seeking to botox treatment most widely used cosmetic treatments in the world but the Botox treatment is a popular procedure.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
terraaus wrote:
I use Frownies. They work if consistently used.

I like Furlesse (available from EDS) better than Frownies. It is the same idea.

Edit: spelling

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
You are doing the right thing stopping botox. Look at what American Society of Plastic Surgeons has released about the dangers of botox.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I have stopped Botox, fillers and just had my breast implants removed. My health has been going downhill for the past 5 years when I thought it was necessary for all this stuff, I couldn't get out of bed before 11:00am and that was a struggle. Now I am up and working out. Still waiting for the hair to stop falling out though.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
My mom stopped botox because one of her eyebrows looked very wierd after one treatment. She uses a wierd blue thing like a diamen,it is a machine it gives a strong forehead massage and get rid of wrinkles. She is very happy with this thing.
Safetox it is called, but the massage is very unconfortable, i tried once and could not stand it.
ying0101
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 am      Reply with quote
that sounds very scary. I had botox twice last year and did not have any side effect so far though (knocking the wood). was the injection done by the doctor? and any suggestion from them regarding your side effect?

nicky1 wrote:
Hi everyone, i have been having botox twice a year for around 5 years now and though the results are great, i am starting to panic over the long term effects of this stuff on my brain etc!! and plus i just had my forehead ,eyes etc done last week and i have had the worst anxiety - like the botox is causing these symptom, and has done before as well. Plus every time i get botox i get the worst sore throat, flu symptoms - every time! I feel that last week is the last time for me and want to know what is the best alternative? I am 34 with fine horizontal lines (which the botox takes away) and fine crows feet. I have dry skin. Would using the Obagi stuff (not familiar with all the different items in the range) be a good place to start to try and smooth any exisiting lines when the botox wears off?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 am      Reply with quote
There is a thread about safetox already and many report great things from it.

Thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29913&highlight=safetox
and
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=53212&highlight=safetox

You say you tried it Chengcheng but you can vary the intensity so it is less painful too!
Chengcheng wrote:
My mom stopped botox because one of her eyebrows looked very wierd after one treatment. She uses a wierd blue thing like a diamen,it is a machine it gives a strong forehead massage and get rid of wrinkles. She is very happy with this thing.
Safetox it is called, but the massage is very unconfortable, i tried once and could not stand it.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome, another gadget that I can't live without? I am running out of time to use all these things.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |