Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermapen vs Dermaroller vs Derminator?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi EDSers,

Can anybody share the differences and pros/cons of of each of the dermaneedle devices?

I have only just learned about something called a "dermapen", which just looks like a dermaroller stamp, really. Supposed to be more effective? (of course according to the seller)

Of course everybody is crazy about dermarolling...

And then I see a lonnnngggg thread about derminator, which I had never heard of, but looks like an even fancier version of a dermaroller/dermapen.

So are there benefits to using one over the other? Which do y'all prefer the most, and why?

I was going to buy a dermaroller, but then I discovered the dermapen and the derminator almost at the same time, and now I am wondering which to buy.

Thanks in advance!
zizi5863

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm kind of in similar situation as you, and was kind of hopping and looking forward a response from experienced one.
Any way I have 20 dollar worth 0.5 derma roller for past 3 -4 months . I have used it once a week for 8 weeks but it felt like my skin was getting dehydrated and there was no improvement.I used tns cream with it.
Then I bought 3 treatments of microneedling from groupon . So far 2 treatments done. They are using 0.5 size derma pen along with some kind of stem cell growth serum.I told them I have 0.5 derma roller at home but it did not make much difference. Spa lady said derma pen is totally different from derma roller and 0.5 size is best suited for my skin and this will be aggressive treatment.I'm post 2 week 2nd treatment and I think may be my skin is 10 to 20 percent better. Instead of tns I have started using hyaluronic acid since this professional microneedling.
I can say with confidence that immediate and late results of derm pen is better than derma roller but not sure if derma pen is better ,worse or same as Derminator. I'm debating between these 2 and after going thru all these threads kind of more inclined towards Derminator . I have stopped using derma roller because of fear of micro tearing. Good luck!
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so at least we have "eliminated" one option here...

I actually used a dermaroller about 5 years ago, but my skin looked terrible afterwards. I then shortly after that had a professional FRAXEL done (so my skin looked amazing from that) - so I never got to tell if the dermaroller would have been good for me or not. I kinda got "turned off" by it...But again, I always suspected I just had not done it right.

The fraxel did its job for at least 4 years (if you have the $, I do recommend it. Took 5 years min off my face)..now I am looking for a cheaper more sustainable ongoing treatment.

Your experience with the dermaroller kinda echoes mine (except I really looked bad afterwards...I don't think I waited long enough to see the long-term results, though. I just went straight for the fraxel).

So now it's between the dermapen and the derminator!
mchllrby

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking into doing treatments with a local esthetician using the derma pen. However through my research on the derma pen I've come across this derminator and I see it's quite controversial! Derminator seems to have so upgraded technology making application less painful and downtime decreased as well. Derminator claims that it causes no microtears due to the motion and set up of the device compared to the derma pen which they argue does cause micro tears. So in conclusion did any of you guys reach a resolution 😂 Still trying to figure it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Dermarollers are "slower" and they tear the skin, this can be looked up. The needles go in at an angle. The electric devices are quicker and more accurate. The needles go straight in. I ordered the derminator, I like the fact that it is digital and you set the needle length more precisely than the dermapen (which I have too).

Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:08 am      Reply with quote
You don't want to use rollers (risk of scaring\infection), I am using korabeauticals v2 pen and The needle heads are inexpensive, disposable, and come gamma sterilized. The hole depth can be adjusted at any time. The punching frequency can be increased or decreased depending on the sensitivity of the area. Overall, the experience is not only better, but the wounding parameters are definitely easier to control.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |