Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I tried this and found that it didn't remove sunscreen from my face fully and even one time that I used it when I wasn't wearing sunscreen it seemed to leave a white film on my skin.

It also gave me some spots but the positive side is that the company have a great returns policy if you find products don't agree with you.

I can't fault Shu Uemura cleansing oils, except for the fact that they contain mineral oil but I haven't suffered any ill effects from that.
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you AA. It left a film with me too, hated it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 am      Reply with quote
This cleansing oil make me have a break out, eyes feel not comfortable.
StaceSz

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I love the dhc cleansing oil- much better than Shu which broke me out everytime I tried it. I alternate with bioderma cleansing water and always use a facial cleanser afterwards and have no problem with breakout.
Naturebox

Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to believe in it...but it broke me out.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use it everyday. It can remove all the make up and sunblock off my face.

Then use the cleansing cream/milk after that, feel so good~~~~
vrj

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:13 am      Reply with quote
how it works?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who prefers to use cleansing oil, dermalogica precleanse is something you should try. It cleanse makeup, dirt and grimes and leaves your skin glowing after cleansing. I do not find it can pore clogging, but maybe because I have mature skin with no excessive sebum.
ilovebritney
5% products discount

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Is it better than the Shu oil cleanser? I'm using that one and as far as i can tell it does take ss as well as mascara off pretty nicely
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
ilovebritney wrote:
Is it better than the Shu oil cleanser? I'm using that one and as far as i can tell it does take ss as well as mascara off pretty nicely

I think DHC is much better then Shu. I hate Shu cleansing oil because it is very sticky after I rinse off with water.
SarahStark

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I've used olive and baby oil for cleansing. Works great, maybe I should give this a try
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:08 am      Reply with quote
it was too drying for me
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
This one is on my list for next cleansing oil to try. I am currently using the Cellular skin one and its quite nice. It's fairly light and smells lovely. It's works into a bit of a lather but for those of you looking for a cleansing oil with a lighter consistancy should try this one out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Personally my 60 year plus dry skin likes OCM more than anything and the fact that I'm in control of the percentage of Castor Oil and Olive Oil really makes me feel a lot more comfortable. I used to use Liz Earle Cleansers and Eve Lom but I've gone off those since switching to OCM. Not sure I would ever go back to using ready made product cleansers.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have used these in the past but haven't been back lately to re-purchase. I have made my own OCM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry mature skin and I have been using the I'm Fabulous cosmetics aging skin cleansing oil twice a day and their Smooth skin clay cleanser. tHey are both 100% organic. I use the Smooth skin cleanser twice a week to remove all dead cells and anything clogged in my pores then follow by the cleaning oil. My skin loves it!

Here the link to both products:

SMOOTH SKIN: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/cleansers/products/smooth-skin

AGING SKIN CLEANING OIL ORGANIC AND VEGAN: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/cleansers/products/aging-skin-cleaning-oil-organic-and-vegan
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:57 am      Reply with quote
AlcoholicArtist wrote:
I tried this and found that it didn't remove sunscreen from my face fully and even one time that I used it when I wasn't wearing sunscreen it seemed to leave a white film on my skin.

It also gave me some spots but the positive side is that the company have a great returns policy if you find products don't agree with you.

I can't fault Shu Uemura cleansing oils, except for the fact that they contain mineral oil but I haven't suffered any ill effects from that.

i totally agree with you on the shu uemura oils, the ingredient is not that good and it cause breakout on me..
i think u can remove makeup using coconut oil.
another option is the fancl cleansing oil, the base of it is more natural
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I like the DHC cleansing oil too!

supermacyb wrote:
ilovebritney wrote:

I think DHC is much better then Shu. I hate Shu cleansing oil because it is very sticky after I rinse off with water.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |