Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Retin-A +Clarisonic- need some advise from experienced users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Helo all,

I have a problematic skin prone to acne, whicn leaves red marks on my face. I am 30 and feel frustrated to have a face of 14-yea old... Dermtologist prescrive Retin-A micro, 0.04, which I am using now for about a month, once at night.

First few days noticed dramatic shediing of dry skin, which is normal of course, then is kind of slowed down. But - now I noticed that my eye lids are super dry and flaky! and very sensitive to any eye cream. I do not put Retin around my eyes and keep enough distance to make sure it doesn burn sensitive skin around he eyes. Has anyone had this problem?

I have noticed big difference in the way my kin loos - no more red inflamed pimples, skingi ssmooth to touch, no congestion bumps. Occasionally when I llook in a magnifying mirror I see and old clogged spot with old oil in it. Should I remove it myself or stil wait until Retin-A dissolves it?

I alos purchased Clarisonic brush and use Sensitive brush head to remove shedding.Anyone out there used it during Retin-A period?

I am planning to stop Retin-A after another week and then start on CellCosmet routine. SO total time of use will be about 5 weeks. IS this enough?
leigh miller

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I use both Retin A and Clarisonic. I, too, had trouble around my eyes and wasn't putting it anywhere near them. So I started putting on a 100% Shea Butter cream on my eyes first as protection, then applying the Retin A. No more problem with my eyes (or lips). I've gone to every other night with the Retin A, and the Clarisonic 2 X a day. They say 12 weeks to see good results with the Retin A. I saw them much before.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Does Clarisonic remove the peelies caused by Retin A?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Clarisonic for about 8 years now and in my experience it just cleans well and isn't that exfoliating. When I am peeling from micro needling then I will go over gently with micro dermabraison to remove the excess skin.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I think Clarisonic might help to some extend with pores and surface cleaning, and just physical gentle exfoliation can remove peeled skin...
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 am      Reply with quote
The Retin-A rubbed onto the pillow and transferred to the eye lids may be causing the dry eye lids.

One and a half month's use of Retin A is a relatively short period. Do consult with the doc who prescribe it so see what he/ she saysf about discontinuing it abruptly.

Cellcosmet? I am not sure if I would pick this brand as a first choice for acneic skin... how about Biologique Recherche? That brand is all about restoring the micro-flora on the skin, also most of their creams have enzymes. The line within the range that first comes to mind for you would be PLACENTA Cream (after P50 lotion). Perhaps a consultation at one of their salons?

Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |