Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Smith's Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I dont think this balm is very healthy for your lips. The ingredients are just awful and it feels like you apply a very cheap artificial, smelly wax on your lips. Confused
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
What's wrong with the ingredients? It is heavy though which is why if my lips are really chapped then I use it overnight.
Anita Wang
5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:09 am      Reply with quote
It looks so cute, and easy to carry. I will buy one.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I dont think this balm is very healthy for your lips. The ingredients are just awful and it feels like you apply a very cheap artificial, smelly wax on your lips. Confused

I agree with it, I seldom use balm.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Cost-effective. Very sweet strawberries

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like the smell and put it every night before sleep. It is really long lasting.
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I also received the strawberry lip balm with my EDS order and thought that it was just an average product. I don't like that it has petroleum in it.
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like a lot of people all got this sample. It has good reviews on some websites. So, I was excited to try it out. I am sorry to say that it works not even as good as the drugstore b or c brand ones.
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have one without strawberry. It last quite long if you just use it as a lip balm. It's just so so. It's got a plumping effect though.

oriana808 wrote:
This was a free gift from EDS, received with my latest order this week.

I wasn't expecting much and the strawberry aspect didn't interest me, however I became instantly addicted to this stuff. The ingredients aren't particularly impressive either, except for the lanolin: Petroleum, Alcohol, Lanolin, Synthetic Wax, Artificial Flavour and Colour. In fact I was going to purchase some lanolin for my lips anyway and thought, well now I don't have to.

My lips are not badly chapped (although in the winter they can be) however they are very dry and crinkly with lots of lines (I'm 46). Have been trying to use up some so so lip balms (Blistex and Body Shop's Hemp lip balm) and had the Gatineau Electelle Lip Care in my shopping cart, however having much trouble feeling justified in spending $53 USD on a lip balm.

The Smith's Lip Balm goes on greasy and glossy at first and later has a waxy feel. The strawberry aspect is pretty subtle. However I could instantly feel a swelling of my lips and thought perhaps I was having a mild allergic reaction (which could be true?). It doesn't state that it is a lip plumper.

The result of using this balm: My lips are definetly bigger, no doubt about it. The crinkly part disappears. The lines are much less apparent. My lips are very moisturized and plump and full. Put it on before I went to bed and my lips felt and looked great in the morning.

I kept asking myself if maybe I was seeing things, or just overly enthusiastic since I've been having great results with my new skin care regimen, or maybe I've been reading too many lip balm/caretake Smile reviews lately, so I showed my lips to my roommate this morning and she agreed that they looked great (she would be totally honest if she felt otherwise). Really wish I had some before and after pictures because the results are very noticable but I don't want to stop using this stuff. Added bonus: it was free!

So that's my review and I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this. It could just be the lanolin but I didn't think that lanolin would have a plumping effect.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Good product but can't stand that smell!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
i have this and while i think the packaging and smell is cute, it feels horrible on! i dont like the waxy texture and especially dipping my fingers in the pot. i prefer tubes
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
a tip,
rosebud salve is extremely good for small cuts on skin, maybe this one as well
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
good product , hydrating enough tome

is good product ,but not convinient to use
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm amazed at how many people like this product! I too, received mine as a free sample from EDS.

I hate the smell and taste. It reminds me of those strawberry-smelling erasers I had back in grade three. Did anyone else have those?! It's not a natural strawberry smell....

I also don't find that the product goes on very nicely and I'm not fond of balms in a tin (although I will admit the packaging is cute). The balm left my lips feeling heavy and waxy-as if the product wasn't sinking into my lips and actually moisturizing.

I have to admit, I threw my tin out after a couple of uses.
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried this lip balm before but I really cannot stand with the smell of it. And I don't think it has good result to minimize the lip lines. I personally like Dr H & By Terry lip balms more.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
silly question!

Does this have any rose flavor or is it just the brand name?
Does the rosebud original balm have rose flavor?

just asking because I have seen actual rose flavored cosmetics before
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't like it.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
nice sweet scent Smile makes my lips feel totally kissable. it's not too heavy unlike lipgloss too.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like this product as well and have bought several of them from different vendors. What I find interesting is how the ingredients are different from the ones you buy here in Canada vs the ones you buy in the states!
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I want to try but scare of the colour.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
The color isn't really strong, just a slight pink tint.
I have 3-4 of these around. I do like them, just a pain trying to open the tin. I prefer a tube.
If you don't like this, try the Pacifica lip balms. big tubes and shimmers. I have the Cocunut Pearl, its like suntan lotion and the beach!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
For me it is just so so Embarassed
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
is a good product, but the scent is too much
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm.I find it moisturizes well, it's great for day wear - not as a night moisturizer.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love having this stuff around, I am just about out so I will be adding to my bag.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |