Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best sunscreen/moisturizer for the ski slopes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mualani

Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
My skin look absolutely horrible last winter when I went skiing. I applied sunscreen but no moisturizer throughout the day, so nothing was there to plump up my skin.

I don't have room to carry a bunch of products on the slopes, so I'd like to find a great sunscreen/moisturizer in one bottle that's strong enough for the ski slopes. Most of the beauty counter ones I've seen are only SPF15. Thanks for any recs!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
theres a good moisturizer by Laura Mericier that contains sunscreen in it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I put on la mer (since it's soo rich) and then photoderm spf 100 over it. I'm really sensitive to the sun. Was the only one in our group who didn't have leather skin and goggle eyes!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay is suposed to be good sunscreen, also Avene is good for sensitive skins.
I always apply some Jojoba Oil fist then put on sunscreen over the top to act as moisturiser and it stops my skin from becomming too oily.
Both Avene and La Roche Posay do high factors of 50+ SPF.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I no longer use Aveda but I was always pleased with their sunscreen protection. I went on their website to refresh my memory on what moisturizer I used to use which had SPF 15 and found a new product that you might like, Tourmaline Charged Protecting Lotion SPF 15, Oil Free.

Good Luck and ENJOY THE SLOPES!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes enjoy the skiing Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
You need a good stable sunscreen that won't degrade in the presence of all that UV light and doesn't need to be reapplied every 1/2 hour. LaRochePosay makes a whole range of ss's that fit the bill. Bioderma also makes good effective sunscreen that seems very moisturizing. I like the Bioderma BioLait spf 50? for winter. Too creamy for hot summer days but sounds like it might do the trick for you on the slopes. If you don't want to go the international route then Shiseido makes a good cream spf 55 (not the lotion, the cream)that is moisturizing. For a good drugstore brand, CVS carries Avene which is stable though I don't know how moisturizing. Coppertone's Oil-Free Faces spf 30 is also stable and somewhat creamy. My absolute favorite is La Roche Posay Dermo-Pediatrics spf 40 Spray. Very matte finish so not moisturizing. During the winter I pat on some BioLipid Repair cream then put the LRP on top so it doesn't dry me out. Whether this would stand up to the wind, cold and sun of skiing, I don't know.

Good luck!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use both LRP and Avene products and find them to be rather oily, even in cold weather (just shoveled snow today!). If you don't wear makeup, LRP is the best choice because it affords more UVA protection. But if you DO wear makeup, use an Avene product. In summer, I use Avene Spray SPF50+, but now I'm using Avene Cream/Creme SPF50+ which is richer. I don't need moisturizers with these sunscreens, but then I always apply SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic first, which alone helps with dryness.

Avene Lotion/Lait, which comes in a 100ml tube (as opposed to 50ml for the ones I mentioned above), is quite heavy and leaves a whitish cast to the skin. It's quite thick but more waterproof than the others.
cclaine30

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream! It's been used by Everest climbers, it's like the best stuff you can use for winter sports. I apply it right before I go and then I don't have to think about it all day while I'm skiing and my skin doesn't get all ripped up like it used to.
GiusyMarino
5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Lakme-sun block
JessiRawrs

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:34 am      Reply with quote
EO Moisturizer is a good one for my skin in the cold weather!
claire.issa
5% products discount

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 am      Reply with quote
guys remember that you are not supposed to put on moisturizers on your face when going skiing (the water in it will freeze and irritate your skin).
You can use sunscreen but then use something oil-based over it.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
claire.issa wrote:
guys remember that you are not supposed to put on moisturizers on your face when going skiing (the water in it will freeze and irritate your skin).
You can use sunscreen but then use something oil-based over it.

You can certainly use a moisturizer in the winter. I would apply and wait a few minutes for it to absorb. Then apply your sunscreen. Be sure to use enough sunscreen to be effective (1/4 tsp for face and 1/4 tsp for neck).

Do not apply an oil OVER sunscreen. Oil dissolves sunscreen. I use an oil based cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen at night.

I am not sure where claire received her information.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I use the moisturizing oils and then aloe vera cream, cause I have very dry skin. But my sister uses the most basic moisturizing cream.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |