Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Kate Somerville Exfolikate - safe for sensitive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Mon May 16, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say that this product is amazing for sensitive acne prone skin. I used this throughout my accutane course, almost daily. Just a pea sized amount helped remove flakies and allowed my moisturizer to absorb better and help my dry skin Smile also great for clogged pores and for use prior to extractions and just getting a great glow Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
This is strange that this product is safe for sensitive skin as it contains tons of skin irritants including papain enzymes and lactic acid. It is also needlessly expensive!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I thought lactic acid is safe for sensitive skin?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I thought lactic acid is safe for sensitive skin?

Probably, I have yet to try lactic acid, but so far I have not had any luck with any AHA or BHA. Besides, there is a number of other irritants in this product including lemon balm oil and papain.
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
The reason it might work for me is because I am using a very small amount - a very thin layer where I need it. I dont rub it in to scrub my skin - I just let the enzymes do the work.

They have another peel for sensitive skin which I've never tried but since it's expensive I figure ill use less of the stronger peel. It seems to be working for me. Also I feel like I've built a tolerance to this product as well Smile
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I have thick skin that doesn't easily react, and yet, the Exfolikate is the ONE product that if I don't use correctly has ravaged my face.

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the stuff. Because it's so darn powerful. I think it's well worth the price, but, I would be scared to use it with sensitive skin. It burned a few layers of skin off one time when I left it on a few minutes too long.

5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
Hmm, I have thick skin that doesn't easily react, and yet, the Exfolikate is the ONE product that if I don't use correctly has ravaged my face.

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the stuff. Because it's so darn powerful. I think it's well worth the price, but, I would be scared to use it with sensitive skin. It burned a few layers of skin off one time when I left it on a few minutes too long.

I guess this is just a product that works well for me!

In turn, though, I've had good end and final results with glycolic acid peels but recovery was slow and burned my skin (I had little scabs in some areas Sad )
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think anyone who has sensitive skin will have issues with any type or form of exfoliating. Knowing when to use one and being able to see and feel that your skin is not ready for exfoliating.

If you skin is that sensitive, maybe you have to visit your doctor.
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Is is true. All skin types require some type of exfoliation - the degree and type of exfoliation used depends on your skin type and perhaps age.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Should always try to start small when you try out a new exfoliant. You can build your way up to using it more frequently but try to use it every 2 days and build up to using it every day
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 5:18 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Should always try to start small when you try out a new exfoliant. You can build your way up to using it more frequently but try to use it every 2 days and build up to using it every day

I agree oasisjc! Also I wanted to add that it depends on any medication you are on. Sometimes you have to back off when you are taking medication.
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Exfolikate in conjunction with the Clarisonic? (Not together, but both in your routine?)
natieya
5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
ElleWoods wrote:
The reason it might work for me is because I am using a very small amount - a very thin layer where I need it. I dont rub it in to scrub my skin - I just let the enzymes do the work.

They have another peel for sensitive skin which I've never tried but since it's expensive I figure ill use less of the stronger peel. It seems to be working for me. Also I feel like I've built a tolerance to this product as well Smile

Aah! I tried this and was wondering why I didn't feel anything after leaving it on for a full 10 minutes. Could it be I was using it too sparingly? How much are you supposed to apply? I only used a small amount and didn't see much of a difference. I was a little disappointed. I'm going to try it again with a thicker layer in hopes I feel at least a little tingle. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I use Clairasonic and Exfolikate in my skin routine and I do find them to work amazing together. I have sensitive skin so its important for me to moisturize after, so that the skin wont over dry.
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Clairasonic and Exfolikate really work great together
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:57 am      Reply with quote
agree with u that Clairasonic and Exfolikate really work great together. but do not use them together to often. your skin needs time to recover.
Gymratttt

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
clarisonic can easily be over used and overtime can also damage your skin.

if you have sensitive skin, try something less abrasive like an exfoliating facial mitt or glove where you have full control

It is normal for your skin to feel hotter and more sensitive after exfoliating, but clarisonic really got my skin red and burning which I read was actually not good long term for my skin. apparantly, if you exfoliate rough long term your skin can lose the ability to retain moisture.

also when youre exfoliating your goal is to remove dead skin oils etc, but if you exfoliate too rough it can damage your new skin
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I also have sensitive skin. It's really distressing.

Thank you for sharing. If I can buy it, I'd like to try it, too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |