Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
FayeTheWonderDog

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Could someone please tell me a good protocol for the derminator, retain A plus whatever else is used for general rejuvenation?
I lost all my notes I'd been collecting over a year about protocol and am now totally lost.
I'd like to know how often one should wait between sessions with short and long needles, also.
Hope you can help!
Yes Yes

Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I see people using many different products as their Derminator after care. Can anyone tell me what would be a simple routine? They suggest using vitamin C, Infadolan and coper peptides on the owndoc forums, but here I see people mention a lot of different products.

Also, how many extra needle cartridges should I order? I don't know how long does one last.

Thank you.
Claudine1982

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I want to start with DIY vitamin c serum in conjuction with the derminator. When to apply the serum after a derminatorsession? Is it wise to apply it every night (fresh)?
TwinTails

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that once you clear up wrinkles with needling, they come back if you stop needling with the Derminator(or other things like it).

I'm wondering if anyone has cleared up wrinkles, stopped needling, and then had them go right back to how they were before, or even be worse?

And how long a break from needling does it take before they come back?

Even if not a personal account, just being familiar with some other first-hand cases would be great. I've never read a first hand account, just a few people speaking about it generally.

I'm just curious if needling is really doing anything for the wrinkles, or if it's more like an internal Juvederm and the wrinkles are basically still there, but just swollen up with blood/other stuff?
tiffanyajjk

Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Micro needling is not quick fix. Each time you roll, you induce collagen production. It takes @ 6 months to really see changes but it does work! I have personally noticed that my skin is more firm , smoother in texture and a more even skin tone. ( I don't really have wrinkles yet )
I roll either once a week using a .5mm length needle or once a month with a 1mm or longer needle.
Little Pearl

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I posted, back on Oct. 26,that my Derminator had arrived and that I was waiting until after a dental appointment to try it out. Can you believe it? I FINALLY gave it a trial run today (Feb. 4 2017). I think that fear was holding me back. I took it step by step and it was a piece of cake! I started off by numbing my upper lip and the furrow between my brows. I decided to use the multiple needles. I used the medium speed with a depth of .5. There was more bleeding than what I had with stamps and rollers. After doing the numb spots I decided to try it on a few places that weren't. I was pleasantly surprised! No pain! It wasn't even uncomfortable! I did a section on my hand and a couple of places on my cheeks. The numbing has worn off now and there's no discomfort! A little bit of swelling on my upper lip and redness in all spots. I can't believe that I waited so long to try it. The Derminator is so much easier than manual rolling or stamping which I was doing quite a bit, a couple of years ago. As far as discomfort goes, I wanted to add that, I can tolerate quite a bit. I've waxed my face for years so I think I've built up a tolerance. I also do Vi Peels and while I read how much they bothered others, they feel like nothing to me! Still, I can't imagine The Derminator hurting anyone. Of course, when it comes to the mouth area, I plan to ALWAYS numb that. BTW, I had planned to go to a dermatologist to get the radio wave procedure (Sorry, I can't remember the name) and one site compared it to micro needling. I was going to pay $1,500 for it and they recommended several treatments. That is what convinced me to try this product. It's a DEAL compared to the price of in office procedures. I'm VERY, VERY happy with it and I'll keep you posted on my progress!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
How is this item different than a dermapen?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love rolling

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if I should order this one or just new needles for my Ora pen. Is this one more accurate with the digital needle depth?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in ordering the Derminator, but honestly, some of the negative reviews out there really scare me re: posting customer info online, harassment, etc.

It seems like people here haven't had any issues. Am I being too paranoid?
tiffanyajjk

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Flyingsalt"]I'm really interested in ordering the Derminator, but honestly, some of the negative reviews out there really scare me re: posting customer info online, harassment, etc.

It seems like people here haven't had any issues. Am I being too paranoid?[/quote]

I have ordered from there for several years now and have never had a problem. In fact, just yesterday I reordered more needle cartridges for my derminator , which I really do love.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I frequently order from here and never once had a problem. She's the only one who sells "Vampire Fungus" who has fully cured my toenail fungus. This stuff is amazing. Anyway, never had one issue and my products arrive in great condition and in a timely manner. Smile

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire, Needl & anyone else who's done 6 weekly 1.0 rolls. I'm curious what results you saw or didn't see and your thoughts about it. I'm thinking about doing it...but it's a lot of down time and wonder if it's worth it?
Jordan's Mum
5% products discount

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I have been a long time, though infrequent user of both the dermaroller and the derma stamp. I say infrequent because though I totally believe in the principle of both, I just find them so darn punishing to use, even with numbing cream.

Anyway, I was looking at something on You Tube and got side tracked into looking at the video of the Australian lady using the Derminator. With my interest piqued, I read the Derminator thread and was convinced to order one.

I have to say, the service was impeccable and it arrived in the UK within 10 days.

So I have just tried it for the first time with a patch test (well, a few patch tests actually) and I can't tell you enough how impressed I am.

I used it at 1mm on small areas of my chin, forehead, top lip line and under eye at fast speed and it didn't hurt in the least, not even on my lip line.

I then did a small area of stretch marks on my mummy tummy, this at 2mm and drew only a tiny amount of blood here.

Now I don't know if it will improve the texture and elasticity of my skin over time - I never had any improvement with the other methods but I really think it might be because I shied away from using them often enough.

My point is that I know I will commit to using the Derminator regularly because it is a pleasure to use. I mean seriously guys, you can barely feel it! Sorry, if you already own one you will know this.

For me, it is a complete no brainer and is in a different league to rollers and stamps and whilst I would never wish to offend any of the dedicated fans of the aforementioned, honestly, there is no contest.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am totally happy with my results. I wish I had more downtime so I could do some face treatments. I mostly do my neck and chest area which has the most sundamage. My face really only has a few spots but I use for total rejuvenation.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 am      Reply with quote
It's a while since I posted on here, but I have continued using my Derminator, I do a session every 5 to 6 weeks, using 2.00, I also do my lips lines (and other lines) with my single needle at 2.00. I've been doing this for about 18 months, and yes I do see an improvement in my skin. I took some before photos and there is a big difference, lines are less deep and my skin depth is better, my skin seems stronger. I'm 70 in July, so it was a long shot to try and do something, but I am happy with the results. But I do use Retin A 1% too and I think the Retin A is helping a lot too, but for an old face there is a way to go yet. I will keep with it.... Happy Derminating
ChicitaGatita
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls! I haven't posted in years but I'm back on the beauty train (woop woop!). My derminator just arrived this morning and I now need to read everything to work out:

* Pre-care
* Post- care
* How deep for what areas

And wouldn't you know it I have sooooooooo much to do today before I can look into this.

I took notes as I was reading but they're on different pieces of paper all over the house Rolling Eyes

If anyone can give me a quick run down I'd really appreciate it. I think I'll post this as a new topic too.

Happy rolling!
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Interested to hear if anyone has tried this and had any positive results
scarredbyacne

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I have a brand new derminator for sale (UK plug) at a much reduced price. Included is a suction pump for tethered scars and four needle cartridges.

It's ebay item number: 192285412930

Smile
londonista
5% products discount

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I ordered your derminator yesterday and it arrives on Thursday! Very excited! Thank you for mentioning it on here scarredbyacne! Im going to use it on my hands, neck & chest & lower legs for skin quality & hopefully some thickening & reduction of age spots/red marks/small scars.

Id also love to use it all around my eyes for crepey skin but so far have only read that it cant be used on upper eyelids. Any thoughts anyone? Im looking at the 'Madonna eye lift' which is just a fraxel CO2 laser all around eyes (right down to the lash line) but surely the dermapen is doing much the same thing (only much slower)?

I really dont want to lose any fat & would love to thicken up the skin there as thats part of the problem. I know there was a post from a chap that got rid of under eye bags by rolling but I already have hollow eyes!
glamgirlajjk

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am going to try to get a regular monthly session in now that summer is coming to an end.
Any one have any updates or any new products they are using with the derminator ?
foxy1
5% products discount

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
To Fawnie,

Quote:
To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it.

Regarding the hyaluronic acid comment, have you read this interesting and scientific other side of the HMW vs LMW debate
by Drs. John and George: apparently I can't link to it even though I've been registered here for ages, but no worries, it's on the barefacedtruth website dated 3/31/2015 and is entitled "hyaluronic acid yes size does matter".

Would love to hear your views Fawnie. Smile
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this device around the eye area?

From what I understand you can needle under your eyes up to where the bone under your eye is.

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can-i-use-a-dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eye-%28pic-included%29/

Thank you Very Happy
havana8

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxy1 wrote:
To Fawnie,

Quote:
To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it.

Regarding the hyaluronic acid comment, have you read this interesting and scientific other side of the HMW vs LMW debate
by Drs. John and George: apparently I can't link to it even though I've been registered here for ages, but no worries, it's on the barefacedtruth website dated 3/31/2015 and is entitled "hyaluronic acid yes size does matter".

Would love to hear your views Fawnie. Smile

I believe this is the link you were referring to: http://bft.wpengine.com/2015/03/31/hyaluronic-acid-yes-size-does-matter/

ps once you hit 10 posts you should be able to post links Smile
foxy1
5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8,
yes that is the article I was referring to on barefacedtruth.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |