Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What are all DIYers currently using on their body skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 am      Reply with quote
All the blogs I visit are obsessed with Vitamin C serums again, after a long sabbatical involving korean skincare products. It gave me the idea to start making a very cheap C serum for my body because I wasn't happy with my niacinamide-based body serum. I've been using it for a few days and it seems to be doing a good job for such a simple spray. The sun spots on my shoulders are already fading nicely and everything looks more even toned.

Anyways, I was just wondering what the other DIYers were using on their bodies? I'm stuck in a rut and I'd appreciate outside opinions! I picked vitamin C because it's a good swiss army active that is VERY cost effective.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt I'll get any hits but I'm bumping my own thread just in case. :P
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
vitamin c serum or niacinamide serum (alternate) and rosehip seed oil (on top of serum).
londonista
5% products discount

Sat May 27, 2017 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Im taking Pures Ligament Restore (has definitely made my skin softer) which I found when looking for something to help cellulite, & Great Lakes gelatin powder in coffee/smoothies. The jury is still out on the gelatin Ive not been doing it long enough to really notice a difference.

Years & years & years ago I used Neutrogena Visibly Firm Body Lotion, Active Copper and it DID firm my skin up. The one with the blue lid. Whether its still available (if it works it usually gets discontinued) &/or I can get it to the UK I dont know, but while I was using it it helped. So other copper peptides perhaps?

I will also buy Retin A from thailand & use it all over. It smooths but I havent seen tightening. Perhaps Im just not religious enough with it, & we are coming in to summer.

Its also possible to do full body TCA peels. I did one on my legs & quite a few small marks have gone. I used those sock things you use on feet (split open & held on with clingfilm). Takes AGES to finish though. 2 weeks at least!

Can I ask how you made your Vitamin C serum? I would love to try it! The skin on my body is my current mission (its too saggy)
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Sure! It's just 15% ascorbic acid and a 10% solvent mix (at the moment, my solvent mix is mostly glycerin and ethanol. I think there's still some ethoxydiglycol in there, but not much) I mix this with 75% of a premixed lactic acid/glycolic acid/distilled water blend. My math skills are horrible right now due to exhaustion, but the acids are 5-10% of the total liquid mass.

If you're using it in the mornings, it goes without saying to leave AHAs out of the equation! LOL.Over that I'll usually spray on some rice bran oil w/beta carotene or rub in a thick body butter.

I totally forgot I made this thread, btw! I literally just got done mixing a fresh batch of this spray right before I hopped online. It's still working pretty good, but I think the results have reached a plateau.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I use either a niacinamide and NAG blend or Vit C DIY...and a lactic acid DIY in cooler months. Then I follow that with virgin coconut or olive oil. Store bought body lotions are pretty good but just don't seem to last very long.
For firming I follow with a infrared body massager.
This is excellent for loose skin, skin smoothing and circulation and far exceeds lotions and dry brushing. And it feels great.
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 am      Reply with quote
tigerlily: have you seen the stuff about infrared being bad for skin?* I'm so confused...

londonista: what are the sock things you mentioned? Do you have a link to the product?

*for example:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19609472
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
"tigerlily: have you seen the stuff about infrared being bad for skin?* I'm so confused... "

You do know that infrared is used in all the anti aging devices and also for healing and chronic pain management...there are lots of studies on how it works and how it's beneficial.
As far as the body massager; one can always opt out of the infrared and just go for the massage. I believe that's the most beneficial part for increasing circulation and thickening skin.
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I use a laser hair comb (it works) that I think is around the same frequency as the red lights used for rejuvenation and LLLT (low-level laser therapy), ~ 650 nm.

Infrared, though, has wavelengths of 740 nm and up (you can't see infrared radiation, it's perceived as heat).

Here's an article that makes the argument that near infrared is good [IR-A (760–1400 nm)], but far infrared [above 1400 nm] is bad:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4745411/

I'm looking for a massager that runs at 75 Hz or 4500 rpm based on this study:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0172624
If anyone knows of a device that has the right specs, please let me know.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to know too what the sock things you mention are?
cd33 wrote:
londonista: what are the sock things you mentioned? Do you have a link to the product?
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I quick question to those who use ascorbic acid on body skin - what about the stains? I gave up because of them - no matter how long I waited, the serum stained my clothes.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Wait, you've had vitamin c serums leave stains on your clothes? I've never had this problem, ever. Shock You must have been putting it on a lot thicker than I do or something.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |