Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Alternatives to micro needling for product penetration?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I was going to start rolling with a 0.1 roller (Environ CIT) for product penetration but am concerned about doing so for the reasons I mentioned in my last post here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=54251

I was wondering what the current thinking is on alternatives for enhancing product penetration? Microsound devices etc? Can anyone comment on what is currently on the market and decent. Any concerns? Thanks Smile
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like I am the only one responding. I just received my Derminator and used last night on my chest/neck area at 1.0mm. That is the deepest that I have gone. I don't do my face that much, I have only a few hyperpigment spots that bug me. My chest and neck area are sundamaged, reddish but the texture is the worst part. This may seem like a dumb question but are people putting on product before they microneedle? Is that point of this? I just use the fawnie roll products post roll.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I believe people are applying the products post roll. Or at least that is the advice. Sorry, I keep using terms like "rolling products into the skin" which makes it sound like you'd apply the product first so I'm confusing things! Smile

My Fawnie products are beyond awesome, I wish she shipped to the UK! It would solve a lot of my concerns. Apart from my Fawnie there are no products I really trust post roll. I suppose there is the Cellese micro needling serum which I think should be safe BUT, then again, it is a roller ball delivery system which I just don't see as being hygienic! The Environ products would be the obvious choice but I don't know if I could bring myself to apply sunscreen filters and multiple other additives such as 'cones onto open skin! My alarm bells go off even though Dr Des advocates the use of all Environ products post roll. Perhaps its close to impossible to have an issue with a mere 0.1 roll but still, I'm super cautious!

In terms of other product penetration tools, I looked into this last night and no dice sadly! It probably wouldn't aid in the penetration of oil based stuff, just water based stuff like hyaluronic acid

How did you find the roll? Pain/your skin afterwards? Smile I checked out my Environ CIT roller last night and, damn, I couldn't even SEE the needles. They are utterly tiny.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use products with silicone in them either.

The derminator is awesome. I was using a dermapen (not brand) before and it hurt, even at .25mm. It seemed to scratch and tear. The derminator doesn't hurt at all and my chest bleed like crazy. I guess because I am boney there and have very little fat (no boobs either) lol. Just used the my Fawnie HA and ACE oil after. No burning or pain.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I have read that apparently some of the needles themselves have silicone on them so we have to be extremely careful. On the Derminator site it said not to use if you have silicone allergies.

It looks like a much better concept though and good it doesn't cause tears/dragging. I have read a lot recently about rollers causing tears and eventually causing pores to look enlarged. I was wondering if potentially a dermastamp was safer, certainly not as convenient though.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Dermastamps are good too. I think that they are mostly used to treat a specific area rather than say a whole area. Too time consuming.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I am not quite sure about it.
MaryLetson
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Not sure about what? Dermastamps are very nice.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:28 am      Reply with quote
What about using a galvanic type device - these are supposed to push the products into the skin deeper than the norm.
Metallicblue wrote:
I was wondering what the current thinking is on alternatives for enhancing product penetration? Microsound devices etc? Can anyone comment on what is currently on the market and decent. Any concerns? Thanks Smile
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hold up, so youre not supposed to rub the serum on your face then roll it in? Really? I thought that was the whole point?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Depends what serum you are using. Not all serums need to be rubbed in, but if you are doing deramrolling you are supposed to literally lightly coat the skin, then roll so the product gets pushed deeper into the derma. Some serums have a thicker consistency so you can massage them in for more benefit, but others are more watery may actually not absorb as much when rubbed in and you may find they peel up and become little balls of stuff.
80085 wrote:
Hold up, so youre not supposed to rub the serum on your face then roll it in? Really? I thought that was the whole point?
5% products discount

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, its a Collagen Serum from Skinapeel:

https://www.amazon.com/Skinapeel-Collagen-Clinical-Skincare-London/dp/B00PCQJK1C

What I normally do is apply a few drops to my fingers, rub it into an area, needle then rinse and repeat across my face.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I think needling however you do it is the right option. The needling not only helps product penetration but is also therapeutic in itself. Small injury recruits thing that help collagen production.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I am late to this party, but I don't think anyone mentioned Jenu. It definitely worked for me with product penetration. I have sensitive skin plus I tend to overdo things, so I had to slow down. I was starting to see some irritation (using copper peptide serum). I gave it a rest (for about a week) then started again slowly (every 3 days, then every 2). After that, everything was fine. I think it is a good device.
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Late to the party too, but what about an old good ultrasound device- it was/is good penetration enhancer?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
For just product penetration, as an Alternative to needling

Galvanic treatment

I know some salons still use Galvanic machine. EG Envoiron, Nu Skin AND Guinot

The theory behind is +ve -ve charge through the user's body.

Any water soluble ingredients get pushed through the top layer of the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |