Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need product recs for skin barrier repair and maintenance
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie20

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I desperately need help. My skin went crazy a couple of months ago - suddenly went red and hot like a bad sunburn as well as hypersensitive. After a very miserable weekend, I have been able to get it under some control but still haves flares of my skin getting red, hot, itchy. I have been researching and I am quite sure that I need to repair the skin barrier. I am over 60 and look younger but need to deal with the dryness and this hypersensitivity. I have found some Nuxe products that have been working OK and not causing a flare. At night I have been using the Rev de Miel cream (day) but it hasn't been soaking in even by morning. That is their skin barrier product. I put some LRP Sustaine on this weekend and am paying for that 1 application with a return of red, hot and itch face. Are there any other barrier repair products you could suggest? Skinceuticals has the Triple Lipid Restore - has anyone tried this?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it's an allergic reaction to something. If it's getting itchy and there are some rashes you better go to your local dermatologist to get some answers.
Marie20

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. I thought allergy at first although very atypical. First episode was like an instant really bad sunburn. I was in the house in December with temps in the teens. My skin was hot, red, itchy, and very sensitive. The episodes since haven't been as severe but still very uncomfortable. Some clear up in a day but the first one took a week to clear. Nothing has been the same with these and I've been researching and a disruption of the skin barrier really sounds like what is going on. The articles mention a lot of things to look for in products to help but the ratio is supposed to be important. I found some that sound like they might work but hoping for some help. I've spent a ton of money already trying to find something. Nude Creme Prodigeuse is working great during the day. The Nuxe Reve de Miel is ok. I was just hoping for something that would work a little better. Pevonia looked like they had some options. So did Vivant, Osmotics, Vivier, and Vichy. And the Skinceuticals one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I would avoid Vichy and skinceuticals, full of carinogens like parabens and sulphates. I would look for more natural products.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. Any suggestions? I haven't had much luck with products I have tried from Eminence and Dermalogica. I tried the Pevonia Rosacea line and not very hydrating. I tried some from Avene but maybe the wrong things since also not very hydrating. The same with LaRoche Posay. LRP had a professional line years ago and their was a moisturizer that worked well but that is no longer available. I tried some PCA moisturizers and just OK - even their Skincoat Balm.

Maybe just adding a serum for some anti-aging/firming and staying with the Nuxe Reve de Miel would be an option? I love the Nuxe Crème Prodigeuse for day even though I use the night cream - perfect for under makeup.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Nia24 moisturizer & squalane, macadamia and jojoba oils and a gentle cleanser (Liz Earle is perfect for this). Look no further!

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Marie20

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:06 am      Reply with quote
After I posted, I realized I hadn't mentioned that I have tried NIA 24. That was a few years ago and at that time I wasn't having the issues I am having now. I did love it but can only use it occasionally like every 3 days. While Niacinamide is supposed to help with sensitive skin, if I use this more often than that, I would get warm and red. It is an awesome product though especially the intensive cream. I'd be willing to try again if I could get a small size of it.

Even washing my face throws it off right now. I am using micellar water and/or a toner for sensitive skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:19 am      Reply with quote
la mer is famous for skin repair. many of my friends used it for couple months and found it stabilize their skins. it even turns one's sensitive skin into a normal one.

i personally haven't tried it. but the order is on the way.

alternatively I like pola. pls refer to my post below.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=54287

Marie20 wrote:
I desperately need help. My skin went crazy a couple of months ago - suddenly went red and hot like a bad sunburn as well as hypersensitive. After a very miserable weekend, I have been able to get it under some control but still haves flares of my skin getting red, hot, itchy. I have been researching and I am quite sure that I need to repair the skin barrier. I am over 60 and look younger but need to deal with the dryness and this hypersensitivity. I have found some Nuxe products that have been working OK and not causing a flare. At night I have been using the Rev de Miel cream (day) but it hasn't been soaking in even by morning. That is their skin barrier product. I put some LRP Sustaine on this weekend and am paying for that 1 application with a return of red, hot and itch face. Are there any other barrier repair products you could suggest? Skinceuticals has the Triple Lipid Restore - has anyone tried this?
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 am      Reply with quote
ying0101 - thank you for the info. I ordered a small la mer to try that out. It sounds soothing. I am looking at some Babor ones too that might be options to get things under control or keep them once there. I need to see if there are any reviews of their products.

I found my old account so my name is updated to my original one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Jamie - do you buy these from anywhere particular in London? Just curious if you do as I'm a Londoner too and have to order online which annoys me a great deal
LondonJamie wrote:
Nia24 moisturizer & squalane, macadamia and jojoba oils and a gentle cleanser (Liz Earle is perfect for this). Look no further!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:29 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Jamie - do you buy these from anywhere particular in London? Just curious if you do as I'm a Londoner too and have to order online which annoys me a great deal
LondonJamie wrote:

Hi Theresa, NIA24 I order off Amazon (Spacenk no longer stock it) and I buy my oils from Timeless along with the vitamin C serum. Liz Earle online or boots. HTH.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered a whole bunch of things to try - some that sound more pharmaceutical that might just be helpful in the healing process rather than long term. For that I ordered the Crème de la mer, Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair, and Babor Skinovage Lipid Intense Cream.

I also ordered an anti-inflammatory serum from Laurel Whole Plant Organics that looks promising. These are the ingredients:
Jojoba Oil*, Borage Oil*, Rosehip Seed Oil*, Evening Primrose Oil*, Olive Oil*, Red Raspberry Seed Oil*, Almond Oil*, Pomegranate Seed Oil*, Cranberry Seed Oil*, Tamanu Oil*, Sea Buckthorn Oil*, Rosemary Extract*; in-house biodynamic proprietary blend of Chamomile*, Licorice*, Marshmallow*, Baical Skullcap*, Calendula*, Lavender*, Nettle*, Gotu Kola*, Astragalus*, Comfrey*; essential oils of Helichrysum*, Lemon Balm*, Neroli*, Blue Chamomile*, Myrrh*. *Organic Ingredient

I'll post back as I try these. I usually do half my face with something new and keep the other half as the control. My order for the serum includes some samples of some Pia Skincare products too. I'm excited for all of these to arrive so I can find something that will make my skin look good but more importantly feel good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Products have been arriving so the trials have begun.

Osmotics Cream Extreme wasn't too heavy, sunk in well and left my skin feeling great. The 2nd night I used this, the side with this on felt warm and a little pink. This was a day without any usual triggers and my skin wasn't feeling overly sensitive. I'm not giving up on it but maybe once my skin is under better control.

Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing - didn't feel greasy but almost waxy. Not something I want to use all the time but might help when my skin is feeling raw.

Laurel Whole Plant Organic Anti-Inflammatory Oil - I do like this.

Sunday I had a bit of a flare brought on by work stress. The Atopalm didn't help with the redness and warmth. I found some Dermelect cream from December. My skin was too sensitive to use then but that did seem to help with the redness and cool things down. I tried the Eucerin Redness Relief and it didn't seem to help as much. Went to a Derm a while ago and not rosacea but very reactive rosacea like skin. It's been a long time since it has been this reactive though. Sad

Pevonia Rosacea products - I had the trial set and tried that last night. I like how the products made my face feel last night and this morning but the smell was so strong I had to fight taking it off. I don't think that add artificial fragrance but this was way too rose perfumey smelling which is disappointing. No issues with my skin but the smell was so overpowering and I am not overly sensitive to fragrance. I could still smell it in the morning. There is some hope for this brand though - maybe the Sensitive or Dry line? I know I had a facial and they used Pevonia products. That was a few years ago but I think it was the sensitive line.

La Mer is out for delivery and that is the plan for tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Marie - please keep us posted. I want to know your experience with La mer....

i plan to do some laser next month, and want to use la mer as after care....

Marie1120 wrote:
Products have been arriving so the trials have begun.

Osmotics Cream Extreme wasn't too heavy, sunk in well and left my skin feeling great. The 2nd night I used this, the side with this on felt warm and a little pink. This was a day without any usual triggers and my skin wasn't feeling overly sensitive. I'm not giving up on it but maybe once my skin is under better control.

Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing - didn't feel greasy but almost waxy. Not something I want to use all the time but might help when my skin is feeling raw.

Laurel Whole Plant Organic Anti-Inflammatory Oil - I do like this.

Sunday I had a bit of a flare brought on by work stress. The Atopalm didn't help with the redness and warmth. I found some Dermelect cream from December. My skin was too sensitive to use then but that did seem to help with the redness and cool things down. I tried the Eucerin Redness Relief and it didn't seem to help as much. Went to a Derm a while ago and not rosacea but very reactive rosacea like skin. It's been a long time since it has been this reactive though. Sad

Pevonia Rosacea products - I had the trial set and tried that last night. I like how the products made my face feel last night and this morning but the smell was so strong I had to fight taking it off. I don't think that add artificial fragrance but this was way too rose perfumey smelling which is disappointing. No issues with my skin but the smell was so overpowering and I am not overly sensitive to fragrance. I could still smell it in the morning. There is some hope for this brand though - maybe the Sensitive or Dry line? I know I had a facial and they used Pevonia products. That was a few years ago but I think it was the sensitive line.

La Mer is out for delivery and that is the plan for tonight.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 am      Reply with quote
ying0101 wrote:
Marie - please keep us posted. I want to know your experience with La mer....

i plan to do some laser next month, and want to use la mer as after care....

I will. I am excited to try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Initial thoughts on La Mer...
For 3 nights I have used the Crème de La Mer (original formula) on half my face. I have a sample of the Skinceuticals Triple Lipid and using that right now on the other half.

La Mer is very thick. They say to let this warm up in your hands. Maybe I need to run them under hot water first. Once on, it isn't greasy. My skin hasn't had a bad reaction and feels very soft. It is definitely occlusive and has a bit of a paraffin coating feeling. I need to wash my face in the morning and even then I am not sure I have all of it removed. This morning I had one red bump that could be from the occlusiveness of this. Atopalm felt very similar and I might use that on the other half once I am done with my SC sample. Atopalm goes on easier. I only used that one night so I need to try it again before I compare these anymore. The plan is to continue using it for now unless I run into an issue with it.

Skinceuticals Triple Lipid - again only a few nights but I am happy to report no redness or irritation from this. My skin felt good. Not as soft and smooth as the La Mer side but the SC is much thinner and doesn't seem to be occlusive. I think this is one that you need to use longer to see results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marie for the feedback....I heard that if we mix one drop of La mer concentrate, it will make the creme much easier to apply on the face without any warm-up needed....

Marie1120 wrote:
Initial thoughts on La Mer...
For 3 nights I have used the Crème de La Mer (original formula) on half my face. I have a sample of the Skinceuticals Triple Lipid and using that right now on the other half.

La Mer is very thick. They say to let this warm up in your hands. Maybe I need to run them under hot water first. Once on, it isn't greasy. My skin hasn't had a bad reaction and feels very soft. It is definitely occlusive and has a bit of a paraffin coating feeling. I need to wash my face in the morning and even then I am not sure I have all of it removed. This morning I had one red bump that could be from the occlusiveness of this. Atopalm felt very similar and I might use that on the other half once I am done with my SC sample. Atopalm goes on easier. I only used that one night so I need to try it again before I compare these anymore. The plan is to continue using it for now unless I run into an issue with it.

Skinceuticals Triple Lipid - again only a few nights but I am happy to report no redness or irritation from this. My skin felt good. Not as soft and smooth as the La Mer side but the SC is much thinner and doesn't seem to be occlusive. I think this is one that you need to use longer to see results.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ying0101. I might try a different serum to help with the La Mer. I took a few days off after another bump showed up. I am happy to say I am having some luck. I thought the Babur Sinovage (lipid one) was going to be a hit but a couple hours after putting it on, I started to feel the burn. I went back and saw that niacinimide was in there but way at the end. Not sure that this is a trigger ingredient but has been a common thread.

I found 2 that have worked for my dry hypersensitive skin. Epionnce Renewal Face Cream - comes in a jar but not very thick. Soaks in nicely and my skin feels soft and hydrated. The other hit is Cellex-C Hydrasmooth. Doesn't feel quite as moisturizing but skin still feels soft.

I do want to get back to the La Mer and experiment more with that. I read that German Nivea is similar so I ordered some to try as my control. Maybe some sea algae serum under it.

More to try - Dr H, Annemarie Bolind etc as time allows.

I'm happy to find some things for night to help along with the Nuxe In the morning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought one from Doterra called CorrectX. Its more of a spot treatment and I used it just once on a weird cyst thing on my leg that I needled at 2.00mm. It has been really red, this stuff healed it fast.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I have used some other Doterra products. I will check that out. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nia 24 Strengthening complex
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's better to go to the dermatology department of the hospital and choose targeted drugs. I think maybe your skin is allergic.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |