Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PSF Skincare (Warning long!!!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pandaa
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
my review of the cranberry Lift eye gel!
I have double eyelids, but they are "hidden" , and 1 eye appear to be much smaller than other Sad Reading the good reviews of the cranberry eye gel , i purchased a full size bottle to try!

What i do like about this is that it reduces the puffiness! it didn't really give me the "lift" I would love to have (I was hoping the crease of my eyelids would be seen, but i guess that was too much of a miracle to hope for Very Happy ) nonetheless, i am still happy with the reduction of the puffiness as I do look more "awake"!

I have just finished the bottle, in 3 months! Am I using too much?
Currently, I am still deciding if I should reorder this, or to try the Stimucoll-C eye gel? Hoping to see more reviews of the Stimucoll-C eye gel and of other PSF products!
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wonderful review. Thanks for sharing. Laughing
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your review! I just ordered the BHA Salicylic 5% Solution and I'm excited to try it out. I am currently using Bioelements' Daytime Acne Treatment Gel with 2% Salicylic Acid and it's great bur not strong enough for my pimples.

I'm also interested in the Papaya Cleansing Gel and the Vitamin C serum.

I will update on the BHA solution!
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered a bunch of PSF products to try. Thanks for the review, it was a deciding factor for me. Wish me luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

I did not receive my BHA 5% solution yet due to a backorder but I received my Green Tea Cleanser, Papaya Cleanser and the R&R Toner!

I love them all, although my gripe with the Papaya cleanser is that it smells similar to public toilets. The products works well for my oily, acne-prone skin so far, and there has been no breakouts yet!

I have to use a cleanser after the Green Tea one because it does leave a residue on my skin due to its moisturizing effect (I am paranoid it may clog pores but it does a good job removing make-up).

The R&R toner is refreshing and I love the smell of cucumbers! I'm just afraid that these natural products may go bad if I don't refridgerate them.

I will update! Smile Hope that helps!
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review Smile It is so impressive and detailed that I hope to try the line in future.
Firelily
5% products discount

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Green Tea Cleanser. My skin tends towards being dry and sensitive, and this cleanser is very gentle. I have not had any issues with clogged pores, and in fact I have nearly no blackheads, even though I've slacked on using the 5% BHA. I've been using the Green Tea for 6 months and I'm still on my first bottle. I am very happy with the value and efficacy of this product.

I started my husband on the Papaya Cleansing Gel a few weeks ago. I was hoping it would help his seborrhoeic dermatitis, since has had good luck with salicylic acid in the past.

I was pretty disappointed to see that the Cleansing Gel has SLS in it. It is not listed in the ingredients on EDS as far as I could see, though it is listed on the PSF site. I really wish I had caught this sooner, as I had wanted to steer him away from SLS. He reports that his skin is a little worse, though it may be due to the seasons changing. I used it on myself and it felt nice enough, but I don't want to damage my acid mantle with the SLS, and my skin was a bit more sensitive to vit c afterwards. I feel like we should use it up since we have it, but I'm dismayed that it will take another 6-9 months!
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
^

Thank you for your review! I am starting to love the PSF Green Tea Cleanser more because it's colder now and even though I have oily skin, it isn't too greasy for me.

The Papaya cleanser is good when my skin feels too overwhelmed because it has exfoliating properties.

I am eyeing the Berry Beneficial Serum but am afraid it may be too rich for my skin - I read that Acai has a lot of Oleic Acid and although it is an essential fatty acid, it is comedogenic unlike Linoleic Acid.

Any advice or reviews on this serum would be very much appreciated!!!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I read that another reviewer stated they ordered samples off of EDS. I looked and did not see any. The only place I saw samples was on the actual website for their products. Am I missing it or does EDS no longer sell samples?

Any input of the progress from someone who is using this line?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.I also want to try the PSF some day. Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Firelily wrote:

I started my husband on the Papaya Cleansing Gel a few weeks ago. I was hoping it would help his seborrhoeic dermatitis, since has had good luck with salicylic acid in the past.

I was pretty disappointed to see that the Cleansing Gel has SLS in it. It is not listed in the ingredients on EDS as far as I could see, though it is listed on the PSF site. I really wish I had caught this sooner, as I had wanted to steer him away from SLS. He reports that his skin is a little worse, though it may be due to the seasons changing. I used it on myself and it felt nice enough, but I don't want to damage my acid mantle with the SLS, and my skin was a bit more sensitive to vit c afterwards. I feel like we should use it up since we have it, but I'm dismayed that it will take another 6-9 months!

yes i noticed the sulfates in PSF too. I did want to try their cleanser at one point but there's a lot of other cleansers with gentler surfactants that i prefer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
I read that another reviewer stated they ordered samples off of EDS. I looked and did not see any. The only place I saw samples was on the actual website for their products. Am I missing it or does EDS no longer sell samples?

Any input of the progress from someone who is using this line?

I don't think you can order samples off of EDS but you do receive samples (random ones) from EDS if you order a PSF product.

For specific samples, I read on the forums that you can order from the PSF official website. I heard that the shipping costs are fair too so you may want to give that a try.

skincareaddicted wrote:
yes i noticed the sulfates in PSF too. I did want to try their cleanser at one point but there's a lot of other cleansers with gentler surfactants that i prefer.

Yes, unfortunately I am disappointed with the SLS in my Papaya cleanser too, as well as the Essential Oils (it's near the end of the ingredient list though). However, it cleanses well for my oily skin. It's almost a must that I use this after using the Green Tea Cleanser because that leaves a film.
However, the Green Tea cleanser doesn't have Sodium Laureth Sulphate (but it's a non-foaming cleanser, like the Gentle Cleansing Castille).
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
My PSF skincare kits are on the way, and I have 25% discount when placed an order on their website.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Does PSF still sell samples on their site? I dont see any place to order samples. Am I just missing it?
veronia

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one of its eye creams, don't use yet. Do you have any experience of its eye products?

THX!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
So I know that it's been raved and raved about, but I just needed to add a note on my newly found love for the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel from PSF. I've been using Juice Beauty peel and Dr. Sebagh (hello expensive!!). Both have been nice enough, and JB really made my skin pink afterwards, which I usually take to mean it's working. I thought my pores looked a little better with Dr. Sebagh, but nothing outstanding. So when I got a sample from of PSF from EDS, I wasn't expecting much. But I love it! It *stings* when I first put it on (and I thought I didn't have sensitive skin). But worth any pain! And I'm oddly enough not really pink after using it...

So it's taken me a while to figure out that I don't simply have large pores around my nose -- I have large, clogged pores around my nose. Honestly, they've looked this way for so long that I just thought that's how pores look. Wrong! In just the last couple weeks I've managed to really start making progress on these deeply embedded blackheads. I'm using the pumpkin peel once a week, and then a few days in between I use a Suki scrub or microfiber washcloth. And my pores are "shrinking" (aka, not dirty!)

I think one of the better testaments to this is my DH. We were having our at home "date night" -- cook yummy food, rent a movie, hangout and promise not to work. And my husband actually asked if he could use a mask too! I was so tickled! He's learned to pay attention to my skin more this past year (just as I know how to pay attention to his hobbies of bike racing and stereos). But believe me, he's never asked to try it! We erupted in fits of giggles as we sat on the couch in our matching masks. Laughing He wants clean pores too! I haven't broken out, even with job stress, these past couple weeks, and I'm loving the skin cleanliness. Yay PSF -- I'll definitely be ordering full size (and so much cheaper than my other masks!!)

Oh, we're also both trying out the cranberry eye gel sample -- will report back later.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Recently tried a few more in the PSF skincare line:
PSF O2 Rescue Serum- quite honestly I tried this on my face with nothing on- no effect... on my face sandwiching Vitamin C- no effect and on a cut to see if there were any healing properties-no effect. I felt like it was a ridiculous investment and in essence felt just like water.
PSF Berry Beneficial Antioxidant- have used this several times and can't seem to notice any difference in hydration or skin appearance? just my opinions wanted to share.

Still really like the Vit C and Green Tea Cleansing Milk in this line.
Mandy2009

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
THANK YOU, (pinup girl(?)), for a great and detailed review!!!! I ordered my first PSF products yesterday, and now I can't wait to try them! After doing so I promise to be back with some reviews that are hopefully as great as yours. I still have some of my day- and night cream left so I'll need to order that in a while. Do you PSF-lovers have anything to recommend since I get very shiny/oily on the surface but yet dry on a deeper level. Blackheads and large pores is a problem too. (I used to like Md Formulations, but haven't used them lately since I think they are quite expensive + not possible for me to order Md from EDS now.)
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews!! My wishlist has doubled Laughing

Has anybody tried the Antioxidant booster? It looks rather interesing on the PSF website, but not available on EDS. Just wondering if works...? Thanks!
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm using R&R Toner, it can calm the skin in a short time, I love it and will try more products of PSF lines.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Pinup_girl, big thank you for such detailed sharing on PSF almost every product. It's going to help a lot to anyone who gets interested in PSF.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I always come back to this brand. Love the pumpkin mask and vita c serum.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |