Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Can Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Serum cure Rosacea?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucylui

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been suffering from rosacea since 2011, It's been three years and i have tried all sort of medication, eg. consulted two dermatologists and tried many skincare products.

And those medication helped a bit, but of course once I have stopped taking the pills, the redness and spots come back..again Sad

By now, it's not as serious as two years ago but the scarring and large area of small spots are still bothering me.

Anyway, recently i see a product from Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Serum which can help with rosacea. I wanna know has anyone tried before?

Or anyone can suggest me with any product that can help with scarring and rosacea would help
Many Thanks Smile
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I was online re-ordering this serum and saw your post. While I do not have rosacea, I do have 'red' skin under my eyes (broken caps and such) where my cheek hits my undereye area if that makes sense. I received a sample of this serum and really like it - it is very soothing and hydrating, and I am going to order the full-size. Might even try a few other products from this line too as it seems to be of high quality. I use this serum during the daytime, and at night use my Cellese AnteAge serum.
Cheers!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am      Reply with quote
The Proheal is better for rosacea than the Super Serum, whether by IS Clinical or Phyto-c but it will not cure it.
I too have tried all the meds and topicals and the only thing that is a temporary cure at best is the EXCEL laser and IPLs.
I have used the Proheal serums by both brands since 2004 and I swear by them.
Type it in the search and there are many threads on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the treatment product that helps with redness?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/phyto-c-superheal-o-live-p_16262.htm

Is it suggested to use once daily in the evening?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Sort of. It is a long story but both evolved from the same source.
EDS used to carry a Pro-heal and a Super Serum both by Is Clinical and Phyto-C. This is like a hybrid of both but only Phyto-C makes the serum now that EDS carries, which is the one you mentioned.

Phyto-C SuperHeal Olive Serum:
Properties: Healing Antioxidant Anti-inflammatory Anti-fungal Rosacea treatment Suitable for all skin types. Excellent for rosacea and acne. Active Ingredients: Stabilized Olive Leaf Extract - Oleuropein - B-glucosidase - Calcium elenotate - Alpha-tyrosol L-Ascorbic Acid Retinol (Vitamin A) Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Kojic Acid Arbutin Arbutin.

I still use IS Clinical Proheal Serum and buy it from Amazon or other places that carry it. But now it is called Pro-heal Advance:

Is Clinical Pro-heal Serum Advance: www.amazon.com/Is-Clinical-Pro-heal-Serum-Advance/dp/B0027583QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415111315&sr=8-1&keywords=Proheal
"An advanced & efficacious curative serum Contains Olive Leaf Extract, vitamins C, E & A for superior antioxidant & healing properties Helps treat rosacea, cystic acne, insect bites & some forms of dermatitis Formulated with Kojic Acid & Arbutin to regulate hyperpigmentation Blended with Zinc Sulfate to boost wound healing Soothes itching & minimizes inflammation & redness Offers UV photo-protection Skin appears calmer, evenly-toned & healthier looking Excellent for dry & sensitive skin types".

IS Clinical Super Serum:
Super Serum Advance+ replaces the original Super Serum formula. Super Serum Advance+ utilizes a new, time-released version of L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). This version offers continuous and steady delivery to cells, providing a more efficient and effective form of this powerhouse ingredient. Additionally, it allows L-Ascorbic acid to be formulated with other potent ingredients, previously thought impossible, to enable enhanced collagen production and anti-aging benefits. Super Serum Advance+ diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, significantly increases collagen production, and brightens skin. It also effectively treats hyperpigmentation, reduces scar tissue and fine stretch marks. Super Serum Advance+ offers three times more antioxidant protection than the original Super Serum formula. The new time-released L-Ascorbic acid in a 15% concentration plus copper tripeptide growth factor maximize performance.

I still prefer the original Proheal by Is Clinical but I have used it since 2004 and am a die-hard fan! I also alternated it with the Super Serum but the Proheal is my main staple along with the Active and HydraCool Serums.

Wish EDS would bring it back!

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I think I have certainly tried everything for rosacea! none of them helped. I tried [ spam ] Rosacea serum whihc my friend referred to me. I am very happy that my skin is looking wonderful now!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 am      Reply with quote
The proheal is soothing and calming but the best thing you can do is to visit a derm to determine what particular type of rosacea you have. The are several different courses of treatment depending on severity and symptoms.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am      Reply with quote
i saw a derm on a talkshow suggest rose hip oil and taking probiotics.

I don't think the condition can be cured..just managed to reduce or eliminate the redness.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I take probiotics every day, don't notice much. However I do take a supplement called Code Red when I have extra flushing from the occasional drink/wine or food on the weekend. It really does help it calm down. I bought several for my wine-o friends haha. They love it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSNOXC0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Pro Heal or active serum is great for soothing and calming.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Proheal is for calming and soothing.
The Active Serum is not recommended for those with rosacea. It is stronger and used at night on skin that handle it. The IS Clinical customer service rep recommended starting it slowly especially if you have sensitive skin as it can sting and burn and is a stronger serum, hence the name. I use it every few nights.
I have used both since 2005 and love them.
I also use a prescription cream for rosacea called Soolanta and that actually does help with the rosacea.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |