Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
I got juvederm "voluma" yesterday!! I have cheeks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Keliu,

Any updates on the Platelet Plasma treatments?

Thanks, BF

I haven't heard any buzz about this at all. Neither have I seen anything in the press about it. The only person I know that's had it done was my local nurse who does my Botox and as I'm away from home at the moment I haven't spoken to her to see if she's had any results yet.

However, I'm presuming from the deafening silence, that this isn't going to be a miracle treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
thanks for getting back to me....

Does anyone know the difference between Sculptra and Beautical?

Not sure if Dr. Rose posts here any longer Sad

Thanks, BF
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, I finally decided to go ahead and get Juvederm Plus to fill out my flat cheeks. I developed what looks like a ridge on both sides near the side of my nose and going down into the cheek area almost immediately. After a week, I went back to my esty who told me the ridges were deep bruising. They are a bit firm. She said that's one way you can tell it's bruising....because the Juvey is pliable.
Ok, it's been 3 weeks now since my injections and the ridges are still there. I called her today and she said to massage the area. I'm concerned because I don't want to break up the Juvey and cause it to dissapate any sooner than it would otherwise. (I just read that inflammation can cause it to dissapate and I do suffer from rheumatoid arthritis...BUMMER!).
My esty is reallly smart and does beautiful work on my friend. Am I just being silly to worry? BTW, I haven't used my Dermawand, Tua Trend, or DPL on my face since getting my injections.
I will appreciate any input. THANK YOU!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, I finally decided to go ahead and get Juvederm Plus to fill out my flat cheeks. I developed what looks like a ridge on both sides near the side of my nose and going down into the cheek area almost immediately. After a week, I went back to my esty who told me the ridges were deep bruising. They are a bit firm. She said that's one way you can tell it's bruising....because the Juvey is pliable.
Ok, it's been 3 weeks now since my injections and the ridges are still there. I called her today and she said to massage the area. I'm concerned because I don't want to break up the Juvey and cause it to dissapate any sooner than it would otherwise. (I just read that inflammation can cause it to dissapate and I do suffer from rheumatoid arthritis...BUMMER!).
My esty is reallly smart and does beautiful work on my friend. Am I just being silly to worry? BTW, I haven't used my Dermawand, Tua Trend, or DPL on my face since getting my injections.
I will appreciate any input. THANK YOU!

I wonder why you have the ridges on BOTH sides. Maybe it's the esty's technique that has caused the problem.

I'm afraid I don't have anything positive to say because I've had my cheeks done several times and have never been entirely happy with the results - plus it has never lasted very long.

If the ridges don't settle down - all I can suggest is to go back again and complain. Please let us know how you go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I used the Baby Q on my resty injections as I was advised to by a AdvanThera rep to reduce inflammation and bruising at the site. Big No No!
I lost it all, 400 dollars worth plus the botox in my glabellar area didn't take.
When I called back there to complain I was told, Oops, We should not have told you that. Now their stance is to not use it on the areas the first couple of weeks. I would avoid it on those areas for at least 3-4 weeks IMHO.

I'd be ticked if that happened.
I know I would be writing to the company a letter telling them they have to pay to fix what the told you was wrong.

Esp if you bothered to call them first asking if their product was ok to use.

not sure if you want to bother with that now though...
casey3035
5% products discount

Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know when Juvederm VOLUMA will be available in the US? Any more success stories for this on the tear trough area?
Miffny
5% products discount

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure to post here or not. I had 1 syringe of Voluma 4 weeks ago today as the Juvederm Ultra wasn't lasting I have MS & Arthritis not sure but was told autoimmune can make the juvey not last as long, anyway the injector knows my face & injected the n/s lines & marionettes.

I have massive lumps each side of chin /corners of mouth and above n/s line seems it has migrated to my chin my jawline has gone from heart to full square with 2 thick lines of Voluma you can feel each side.

I have been back & she is away but another nurse injector saw me said maybe have to dissolve it I am so upset my face is so sore plus of course the cost of 1200.00 AUD I was told it was totally safe only larger molecules & longer lasting than juvey.

If I was wealthy I would have stayed with juvey but the costs were 4 syringes a year at 680 each

I know she will help soon as she returns she is fantastic that way but until than all the googling I cannot find any Voluma stories & yes I have checked the website.
Anyone else had these types of problems?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I've had Voluma - it is, of course, one of the thicker fillers that's injected deeper than other fillers. I've never heard of it migrating to other areas.

However, I've never had any luck having my marionettes injected (although I've never had Voluma put there, only in my cheeks). I also think I end up with lumps in the marionettes which seems to accentuate them rather than make them less visible. Also, I wouldn't have thought Voluma was an appropriate filler for the marionettes.

How long ago did you have it done? It might settle down with time. Let us know what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear your not happy with your results. I have had Juvaderm Voluma in my my cheeks. 1ml in each cheek, its didn't really do much once the selling went down, although that did take quite a while (2 weeks at least) I also bruised a little.

I have had Juvaderm Ultra in my marionette lines, which gives me a good result. Nothing spectacular but enough to keep me going back!

I dont think I would use the Voluma again. I would not have thought it was suitable for marionette lines as it is much thicker?

good luck and let us know how you go.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does Juvederm Voluma make women look overloaded?

Having seen 2 nurses with JV in their cheeks, I have an impression that it does not provide one with subtle results.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Depends on the injector and your communication with same.
Dedunati

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I've had sculptra in my cheeks twice now
I'm mostly happy with the results
However it's been two weeks and lots of massaging and my right cheek is still not the same roundness as the left, it's fuller but flat when I smile
Has anyone had a similar experience
I've returned today to the doctor and he did some massaging but it hasn't improved much
Thank you for any help or advice you may have xxx
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I much prefer Voluma then Juvederm because it has a more bouncy look and last 2 years instead of one. Voluma looks more natural.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I despise this method of filler placement, not very exact and the Dr. damaged something on his way in, I felt it immediatley. Turned my whole eye black within minutes. Fantastic! Had to come up with some excuse for husband who disapproves of me spending money on this. Now I go to someone with talent and takes time to fill my face and uses tiny Slin pins to place exactly where he needs to.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |