Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dry, mature, sensitive skin - what is your routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Ive been searching for what will work best with my dry and sensitive over 60 skin. Anyone else? What has worked or not worked for you? My pile of reductions that don't work or that are just ok is growing and more on the way. So many products out there to try and sort through. My main quest right now is for my HG night cream that is less than $200 for a 50ml size but less would be even better of course. After that I thought I'd focus on HG serums although there could be some of those in the boxes coming soon. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to help with suggestions but I am 47. I suggest PSF skincare and IS clinical if you have the $$$.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Also Decleor. Their harmonie line is awesome. Phyto-C has great serums as well, comparable to IS Clincal.
GLamGlow has a good duo night time cream that is soothing and has deep hydration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I will check those out. I looked at the PSF already and saw a couple that looked interesting. Some IS Clinical are expensive but serums seem to last pretty long so in the long run might not be as much as paying $$$ for a moisturizer. I have found a few moisturizers that I like and my favs are all in the above $150 per jar category. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they are pricey. But as the hubby told me, it is worth it and it goes a long way! He talked some sense into me haha. My son and DIL use IS Clinical too, good for all skin types as there is a serum for each type.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Which IS clinical products are you using? It seems like most contain retinol and I wouldn't want to overdo that but if adding that, I want it to be effective. Or as effective as a product can be while still being gentle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I use Proheal in the daytime and Active Serum at night. I follow by Cellex B or IS clinical Hydra Cool, or Dr. Hauschka on top depending on needs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Current routine:

Am: alternate between skin Biology GHK or ASDM MAP C serum (love, great value); then hyraulonic acid, NIOD Hydration vaccine' then Garden of Wisdom meow cream (lighter version). Meow cream dries matte so great under makeup.

PM:
Paula's choice niacinamide booster (strongest % I have found), NCN Matrixyl, vitamin a serum (alternate between NCN, Oridinary or Environ). After awhile (if still awake) use NCNs all in one cream.

Weekly I use Ghassoul clay mask from Shea Terra organic... wonderful for dry skin. A HG product!

The two most hydrating of the bunch are:

1. NIOD's Hydration Vaccine. You apply before any moisturizer but after serums and it really hydrates my skin. Feels like an invisible shield, don't know how else to describe it. Decadent!

2. NCN All-in-one cream very moisturizing, I have very dry skin and even this is too heavy for me to use during the day. But when I use it I feel like I am giving my skin a treat!

Hope this helps...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for so many great suggestions. I am finally feeling like there is hope for my skin and to keep the dry, red, hot reactions under control. So many products to sort through. I hope to be able to share some good ones with everyone soon.

Erg - I will have to check out the hydrating products. I used some NCN years ago but I don't think I ever tried her All-in-One cream. I might not have been that dry at that time. I will have to check out her site again. Now it seems like I have to be very careful of anything that has any drying effect. I like the idea of decadent skin care. Just what my poor dry skin needs. Smile I am looking at adding a Vitamin A but I know that needs to be gentle and have some hydrating ingredients in it.

I have a PSF peptide serum on order and a Yon-ka one but not any of the heavy hitters in it. I tried a sample of the SkinMedica Vit C with E and I liked that it seemed to add some hydration. I hate how the Cellex-C vitamin C makes my skin feel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Ive been searching for what will work best with my dry and sensitive over 60 skin. Anyone else? What has worked or not worked for you? My pile of reductions that don't work or that are just ok is growing and more on the way. So many products out there to try and sort through. My main quest right now is for my HG night cream that is less than $200 for a 50ml size but less would be even better of course. After that I thought I'd focus on HG serums although there could be some of those in the boxes coming soon. Neutral
Mariel my HG has always been Elizabeth Grant serums, Cell Vitality serums are very good for moisture. And twice a week I use Paulas Choice 2% BHA to keep my complexion clear. Check the shopping channels. EG is on QVC, Evine in the US. In Canada the shopping channel.com
Very Happy
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Which IS clinical products are you using? It seems like most contain retinol and I wouldn't want to overdo that but if adding that, I want it to be effective. Or as effective as a product can be while still being gent
le.

I am glad you noticed the retinol in ISCLINICAL. All their serums are low in pH and can leave your sensitive skin uncomfortable, since you mentioned that your skin is sensitive.

I am going to suggest something less scientific: Estee Launder Adv Night repair Syn Complex II. (make sure you get the verions II)

Get a few samples of Estee Lauder Re-nutriv when you buy the above.

The HG mask like Valmont Renewing Pack twice a week... oh you are going to love it....
JessicaHey

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Have you though of trying some essential oils? I use Argan Oil and it really helps me moisturize my skin and keep it in a good condition. The one that I use and tested so far is from Virginic. It is 100% organic and natural. I've heard that Jojoba is also good.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Biologique Recherche

Creme Splendide is so beautiful and it's multi-functional (firms, protects, healthy glow) with botanical and yeast extracts.

For a serum, you can either go with a single-ingredient (eg Splendodermine for firming, Colostrum for extreme dehydration) OR

Go with their FINISHING SERUMS that include a cocktails of actives
(eg Silk Plus serum elixir de douceur contains silk, cucumber and hyaluronic)
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, we should stop using cosmetics, let the skin have a cushion when changing seasons, and choose skin care products for sensitive skin, and do not use low-sensitivity maintenance products on weekdays. Then we should choose special skin care products with anti-inflammatory and sedative effect, after washing face with clear water.

Secondly, to strengthen the skin's resistance is also an effective basic strategy, such as adequate sleep, adequate and balanced diet, emotional harmony, away from the pollution of the environment and allergens, reduce skin irritation, and so on. Mild sensitivities can quickly recover if properly handled, and in severe cases they need to be treated quickly.
skincarebbb

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I am using this anti ageing product at the moment from SkinPearls, it's for under eyes and contains caviar & pearl (soooo fancy!) and it's really helped reduce fine line and wrinkles. They do bundles for all sorts of skin types, my sister is going to try the dry skin one Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |