Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Full Face LED opinion or experience of these?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:38 am      Reply with quote
re-posting for samastpierre—FYI, you will be able to post links after 10 posts-HTHs!

samastpierre wrote:
Hello,

I am new to LED light therapy but after trying a full body light bed I really want to make the investment in one, I am looking for the skin benefits, acne clearing and also I have recently read that recent trials of diabetic retinopathy have show improvement and slowed progression with the infrared therapy (not yet approved, so I am not seeking medical advice) but I am excited about all the potential. Not to mention in the gloomy winter of the northwest it is such a mood lifter!

I have decided to go with a full face model. From my research I really like these 3 the most. Any opinion on either or something I should be aware of? From what I can tell the output looks adequate right? Thank you!

Darn it won't let me post links!

One is by Sharper image (they only have one if you can please google) It looks great from what I can tell! https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Full+Face+Professional+Light+Therapy+System/204065?question=led

http://www.lgmedsupply.com/dpiiprlithpa.html

http://www.lgmedsupply.com/clfubepalith.html
eileenkenney

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I've lurked on and off on these boards for close to a decade (and learned so much!). I am also researching LED panels and was trying to decide between these two models as well (Sharper Image and DPL II). I'm lazy, so I wanted to get some panels I could just slap on my face for 8 minutes instead of using a handheld for a half hour or more per treatment. From what I can tell, the DPL II has red/infrared/amber LEDs and the Sharper Image one has the same number of lights for these colors (and same wavelength), plus blue LEDs too (the blue is good to treat acne). I think you can turn on the different colored LEDs individually or together with the Sharper Image one, whereas the DPL II only turns them all on at once. The panels won't separate with either model, I think, but you can take them off the stand.

I'm less in need of the blue LEDs, so not sure if I should get the DPL II. However, I heard in a Christine Byer video that she said it's better to use the lights individually. Not sure what others have experienced with individual vs multi colored LEDs? Do you see better results with one over the other?
ying0101
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Exideal, and any feedback? thanks
5% products discount

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Now this whole light therapy angle is very interesting as its something I've looked into as a) I know a bit about electronics and b) I know a bit about retail.

The bits and bobs they all use are cheap and the products are all expensive which leads me to believe they are making immense profits. The NASA research specifies that 660nm light is what creates the plumping effect via collagen boosting. If you can blend 660nm, 880nm, 730-750nm you got the holy trinity as they each help the other penetrate and activate the goodness.

What this all made me think about was purchasing a simple LED based lamp around 24w or so and giving that a spin by holding it to my face for a while to see what it does. If it produces an actual effect that is noticeable I don't see any reason why you couldn't make your own device for an investment of less than 100. Of course I've seen those multicolour LED masks from China for around 60 bucks on eBay as well but I don't really believe that multicolour LEDs can achieve the same precise band of light nor do those products have that level of durability - at least when you make it yourself you know exactly whats in it as you can buy according to spec as not all red lights are 660nm.

Has anyone else actually tried the DIY path? If not some feedback on the commercial products would be appreciated as its hard to separate the wheat from the chaff on this stuff.
eileenkenney

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't have personal experience with the DIY LED lights, but there is a youtube video talking about it ("How to get a rejuvenating LED panel for cheap"). I can't insert the link since I'm new to posting. There are reviews from amazon customers that say they get results using these hydroponic panels for this purpose as well.

I considered getting one of these, but thought it would feel cumbersome to hold this thing over my face for 10 minutes. I wasn't going to hang it from my ceiling, so I'll be one of those suckers to pay a bunch for a smaller panel marketed/designed for the face.
havana8

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
eileenkenney wrote:
I don't have personal experience with the DIY LED lights, but there is a youtube video talking about it ("How to get a rejuvenating LED panel for cheap"). I can't insert the link since I'm new to posting. There are reviews from amazon customers that say they get results using these hydroponic panels for this purpose as well.

I considered getting one of these, but thought it would feel cumbersome to hold this thing over my face for 10 minutes. I wasn't going to hang it from my ceiling, so I'll be one of those suckers to pay a bunch for a smaller panel marketed/designed for the face.

re-posting the link for eileenkenney

Here is the video with Christine Byer as mentioned:

How to get a rejuvenating LED panel for cheap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gBEb7uZ0U&t=1s
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 am      Reply with quote
A thought: if you don't have experience with LED with anti-aging, I would recommend you start from the cheaper devices - to test whether it works for you and also, does it work sufficiently to justify time investment. This is something that only you can decide.

If you are not into DIY, illuMask Wrinkle Light Therapy Mask is quite a nice starter too. There is a lot of data about it on this forum.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |