Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! What do you suggest for freckles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I have indian skin. For the past 1-2 years I would say I have slacked off with using sunblock diligently everyday. I started using liquid foundation so I use that or will put on mineral makeup which has very little SPF and I have not been using sunblock underneath makeup.

Anyway, so I have noticed a bunch of dark tiny spots on the sides of my face. I believe these are freckles.

My questions are:
1) How to treat this or get rid of it if that is even possible?
2) Has anyone had success with this?
3) If so, what did you use and for how long?
4) What are you doing to maintain it?
5) Did your skin get more sensitive afterwards?

I am going to start using sunblock everyday again. But, I am also looking for suggestions for mineral powder/compact based SPF that I can use over makeup since sunblock is only effective 3-4 hours after application. So something that you can touch up on top of your makeup

The sunblock I am using is: Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen SPF 60, 5 Fl Oz

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a lot of freckles, some light ones on the side of my face due to driving. To fade them, I would think retin-a would be the most effective. it's been very hot where i live, even in the winter, so i haven't done retin-a in a few years. I will eventually attack the freckles, but they are still very light.

At the moment, I like Orbis UV sunscreen which uses titanium and zinc oxide as physical blockers. It is cosmetically elegant. I top this off with a thicker layer of mineral makeup from Alima. I have been obsessed with Alima since I bought my first jar back in September. And I am still on my first jar. I had been meaning to try this mineral makeup forever. It is far superior to every brand I have tried over the years from pur, bare minerals, everyday minerals, suncat, cory, etc, - all the brands i have tried over the years! I feel like the two layers of sunscreen really help shield me from the strong california sun.

I buy Orbis from Amazon and here is a little review of it:

http://www.frontrowbeauty.com/all-about-best-sunscreens/

Alima is just from their website

https://www.alimapure.com

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Apply sour cream on your face. Do not rinse this mask off completely; gently wipe off with a soft tissue and top it up with a moisturizer.

Regular use of fruit and vegetable masks such as those made with apricots, strawberries, cucumbers and red currant will help lighten freckles.
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I used tomato scrub for the freckles, its light and natural without side effects
blondehart
5% products discount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Jane Iredale mineral makeup for sun protection

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 am      Reply with quote
My suggestion for freckles and brightening would be manuka honey and turmeric mask. 15 minutes up to an hour, depending on how much time you have and wash off... I do this once per week as sort of maintenance mode for various discolorations...

Have you considered setting spray with SPF? That is the only thing I can think of that can work over makeup. I'm afraid I don't have experience in this area, I am mainly indoors during working hours, and I assume the sunscreen under makeup should cope with me getting to/from work...
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
off topic here.. since the Markle married Harry (and she has freckles), they are now "cool" to have. To the extend that people are getting them tatooed on.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hydroquinone will fade freckles. over the counter versions can be purchased, the two that have good reviews are from Differin and LRP. the cream with higher percentages need to be prescribed by a derm.

Be careful using hydroquinone and do your research. apparently, one should use it for a few weeks then take a rest before restarting. it can darken skin also, and may not be the best for darker skin tones. stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen to avoid darkening.

be careful of lasers, some can actually darken freckles and melasma.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |