Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CeciliaP

Thu May 11, 2017 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Does any of you dermaroll for a tightening effect?
I have jowls that I really want to get rid of. I do facial exercise but they are still there! Smile
I was wondering if there is a t*i*g*h*t*e*n*i*n*g serum to use with the needeling?

Thank you! Smile
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Deep wrinkles like crows' feet, the cause is in the muscles, not the skin. They're not traces of repeated creasing, they're a current event. The muscle is pulling the skin into creases. If you stop it doing that, the wrinkles disappear.

You can 'soften their appearance' with skin treatments but to eradicate them you need to address the muscle. This is why Botox works. Wrinkles from sun damage are responsive to dermaroller but proper facial exercise will gradually flatten and reshape the muscle, so that the skin lies flat on top of it. Ummm my programme Ageless tackles them in 2 minutes per week.

Acne scars, sun damage and other skin issues are greatly helped by dermaroller. Wrinkles and tightening the facial skin not so much because the skin is bonded to the muscle and isn't capable of working loose. On the rest of the body, including the neck the skin is a separate layer and can be made tighter to the underlying structure. This is where I'd use dermaroller 😎
Loulou

I have not smoked in 9 years, but I still have lip lines. I have done several facial exercise programs (including yours) and still have the lines. Have had some luck with deep TCA peels. I have derma rolled, but not sure I see any improvement.
uvasag

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
How often should one dermaroll? I get conflicting info on Google. Some say daily or every other day and some say once a month since it takes Collagen that much time to rebuild.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:50 am      Reply with quote
There is a great skincare line just launched that has many ingredients that could be good for dermarolling- green tea, matrixyl, vitamin c, etc. The prices are unbelievable and cheaper than timeless and cosmetic skin solutions. I will try them out and get back:

http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-buffet-30ml

This vitamin c may be good for dermarolling- MAP:

http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-magnesium-ascorbyl-phosphate-10pct-30ml

Their brand is based on intelligent skin care ingredients and at prices that are radical and against similar products which are overpriced. Bravo to them! Perhaps an omen of better things to come!

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
uvasag wrote:
How often should one dermaroll? I get conflicting info on Google. Some say daily or every other day and some say once a month since it takes Collagen that much time to rebuild.

It depends entirely on the length of the needles.
If you want only product penetration than you could use 0.2 or 0.25 pretty frequently (such as every other day)...0.5 to 0.75 maybe every 2 to 3 weeks or even once a month. Above that 1.0 to 1.5 probably no more than every 4 to 6 weeks.And I wouldn't use longer needles than that for the face.. at least not at home.
This is all a rough estimate but generally speaking the deeper the needle the more time you need to heal. The shorter rollers like 0.2 to 0.25 don't go deeply enough to create trauma and the need for time to heal for building collagen.

We have a lot of info for dermarolling on this forum. Check it out.
lala0722

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Needless to say, I've been sucked into this one - I bought the roller with the 1.5mm needles, the cheap one from Ebay. It seems perfectly fine - I definitely wouldn't be paying big bucks for one of these. Anyway, I used it for the first time last night - very cautiously AND it hurt like hell!! I really didn't press very hard as I was too terrified of doing something awful to myself. I'm also a bit worried about infection - I just poured boiling water over the roller before and after use.

It really did hurt too much to use for any length of time and afterwards my face was stinging so I immediately used my Baby Q - this calmed things down allot. This morning my face is fine but my neck is a bit red. I think I'm going to use some Emla cream next time before I use it.

Does anybody know how often you're supposed to use the roller? I might give it another go tomorrow night along with the Emla cream and will let you know how I go.

Hi i want to buy one dermo roller. Can u send me ebey link u bought dermoroller ?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi tankeryanker (great name!)

Lip lines , like crows feet are caused by the muscle developing a distorted shape. If you flatten the muscle by exercise the crows feet are still there when you smile but disappear immediately when you relax. The problem with lip lines is that your mouth isn't at rest very much at all and every time you talk the lip muscle contracts and pronounced wrinkles appear.
The Ageless programme doesn't have exercises for lip or forehead wrinkles.

Since you can't use Botox on lip lines I'd recommend breaking down the muscle without contracting it, which means grasping your lip and pressing it repeatedly, or rotating your knuckles over the area. It won't look great in the short term precisely because the muscle will be broken down, but it will look smoother every time it repairs itself and your lines will improve. Leave plenty of time for recovery between sessions. Good luck 😎
Loulou

5% products discount

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I've been considering using a dermaroller for large pores. I have huge pores on my nose and cheeks from acne and oil. I was wondering what size would be appropriate and what serum to use after? I haven't found much information on treating large pores successfully with a dermaroller. Thank you!
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm reading through this thread for many days now and am being overwhelmed with information. Thanks so much to all of you who shared their experiences over the many years.

I have one specific question I was not able to find an answer for so far. As I understood inflammation is very important to trigger the cascade of collagen buildup.

I'm using a 1.5 mm derma roller on my face and using it is a pretty bloody procedure for me, I'm looking like a lobster for the rest of the day. Confused

But I'm wondering if I can use cold water or even ice to cool down my red hot face after the rolling, or does this hinder the collagen buildup? Any ideas?
radieschen79
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I know I'm late to the derma rolling party, but I'm wondering if I'm really the only one using this torture device anymore? Laughing

Are there some more effective methods of treating wrinkles, age-related issues, melasma, scars etc. that I'm missing?

It just would be fun to have a chat with people who are going through the same issues with derma rolling as I am at the moment right now. It really helped to better my skin a lot so far, but this feels like talking to myself.

Is this forum as a whole just dead because of overload of information? Where are the active members to be found? Where are you all? Neutral
glamgirlajjk

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
radieschen79 wrote:
Hi all,

I know I'm late to the derma rolling party, but I'm wondering if I'm really the only one using this torture device anymore? Laughing

Are there some more effective methods of treating wrinkles, age-related issues, melasma, scars etc. that I'm missing?

It just would be fun to have a chat with people who are going through the same issues with derma rolling as I am at the moment right now. It really helped to better my skin a lot so far, but this feels like talking to myself.

Is this forum as a whole just dead because of overload of information? Where are the active members to be found? Where are you all? Neutral

I'm still "rolling" and I know what you mean about the lack of posts on the topic.
How long have you been microneedling and have you noticed any changes? I was thinking of taking before/after pics so i can better measure any changes b/c i find it hard to really notice any changes w/out something to compare it to. I am going to start using the anteage microneedling serum too see if i get better results.
glamgirlajjk

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
radieschen79 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm reading through this thread for many days now and am being overwhelmed with information. Thanks so much to all of you who shared their experiences over the many years.

I have one specific question I was not able to find an answer for so far. As I understood inflammation is very important to trigger the cascade of collagen buildup.

I'm using a 1.5 mm derma roller on my face and using it is a pretty bloody procedure for me, I'm looking like a lobster for the rest of the day. Confused

But I'm wondering if I can use cold water or even ice to cool down my red hot face after the rolling, or does this hinder the collagen buildup? Any ideas?

I've heard conflicting info about the inflammatory stage so I don't know what to believe. I use a sheet mask after needling and it feels soothing and cooling. I like to use one that has hyaluronic acid for hydration.
radieschen79
5% products discount

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
glamgirlajjk wrote:

I'm still "rolling" and I know what you mean about the lack of posts on the topic.
How long have you been microneedling and have you noticed any changes? I was thinking of taking before/after pics so i can better measure any changes b/c i find it hard to really notice any changes w/out something to compare it to. I am going to start using the anteage microneedling serum too see if i get better results.

Hi glamgirl,

I've been needling since January this year, approx. every 4-6 weeks, 3 weeks ago I did my last treatment. I'm needling with a 1.5 mm roller on most parts of my face, only on the upper lid I'm needling with a 1.00 mm roller. The procedure is quite bloody for me so according to Bethany and others early in this thread I should get some results. Laughing

I did notice some changes, my skin tone really has improved, melasma and hyperpigmentation just vanished. Maybe this sounds strange, but I didn't know how uneven my skin tone was until I noticed the improvement. Even some spider veines on my cheeks vanished, something I really didn't expect to happen.

How long have you been microneedling and with what needle length? What are your results so far? I've never heard of the anteage microneedling serum but I will google it, thanks for the tip!

glamgirlajjk wrote:
I've heard conflicting info about the inflammatory stage so I don't know what to believe. I use a sheet mask after needling and it feels soothing and cooling. I like to use one that has hyaluronic acid for hydration.

Yes, as a huge fan of hyaluronic acid I'm using a skin cream for sensitive skin with it after needling. I still have some hyaluronic acid powder from skinactives .com that I'm mixing with a aloe vera gel, it makes a really good skin mask for cooling.

What is your skin routine before needling?

I'm following the advice as said on owndoc .com, using a DIY vitamin c serum with L-ascorbic acid for at least 4 days before needling. And I'm doing a gentle peeling with salicylic acid 1-2 days before the needling, as I think it is important to get rid of all the dirt before.
skinstatus

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for information.It's really informative.
glamgirlajjk

Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a combo of derma rollers and the derminator for almost 2 years now. I have not been consistent with it though. Currently I have been doing a 2mm derminator session every 6-8 weeks. I'm trying to get back into a regular routine b/c i'm starting to get fines lines at the corner of one eye and i'm not going to accept that! My plan is to also incorporate a .5mm roll for product absorption so I can really attack the lines b/4 they get worse. Like I mentioned above, i'm going to experiment with the anteage microneedling solution. I think i'll start with just the eye area and take pictures to really see if its worth spending the money. Of course i'll share my results b/c after all, we all want to know what truly works! Plus that stuff isn't cheap!
As for what I use before I needle, I wash my face then apply KLAIRS Supple Preparation Facial Toner and then splash on some ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Facial Toner to assist with glide. Post needling I apply prescription retin A micro then use a sheet mask called Silk Facial Mask found on amazon. I personally do not have any issues with using retin A post needling but I know it is not for everyone. (I've been using it for like 15 years so my skin is used to it)
Lets keep this thread active. I love discussing this stuff! Anyone else have any good tips/advice?
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
glamgirlajjk wrote:
I'm trying to get back into a regular routine b/c i'm starting to get fines lines at the corner of one eye and i'm not going to accept that!

Yes, my actual reason why I've started with the microneedling was because of the fine lines under the eyes/fine crows feet. I think too it is best to "attack" them before they get any worse, and dermarolling is supposed to thicken the skin, so I really hope we will see some results from it. Smile

Bethany, the queen of dermarolling in this thread said it took her 6 months to see the collagen kick in and the crowsfeet and fine lines to disappear:

essentialdayspa. com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37085&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dermaroller+eye&start=0

So I will follow her protocol, doing a really intense rolling with lots of blood pin pricks with 1.5 mm needles every 4-6 weeks even under my eye area and looking sunburnt for a few days. Laughing It's really not that bad as it sounds, about 2-3 days after the rolling everything is back to normal for me, my skin doesn't even peel after the rolling.

Maybe it doesn't peel because I'm doing a gentle deep-cleansing peel with salicylic acid (Vichy Normaderm) 2-3 times a month, for really getting rid of all the dirt in the skin. I'm doing this peel 1-2 days before the dermarolling.

My last rolling was 2 weeks ago and I'm really pleased with the results so far. My skin looks better than ever, and I'm really curious if I will get any results about my lines under the eye area in the next few weeks/months.

glamgirlajjk wrote:
Lets keep this thread active. I love discussing this stuff! Anyone else have any good tips/advice?

Yes please, let's keep this thread alive!

Glamgirl, what needle length are you using? Are you going for product penetration only or are you aiming for collagen production?
glamgirlajjk

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:20 am      Reply with quote
radieschen79
I've been using a 2mm length but the derminator is so forceful that when using on thinner areas like the forehead, it hurts too much ( it feels like the damn thing is driving the needles into my bone Confused ) So i'm going to start using my 1.5 mm roller on those sensitive areas.
I'm only really red for like a day but I get those pin point blood spots under the skin that seem to last for like a week. It looks horrible. Do you ever experience that?
I don't really peel either but like you, I too use exfoliant products regularly.
Do you ever go through a phase where your skin looks worse after rolling then gradually improves? I swear the crows feet I've been getting more "aggressive" with is looking worse than ever. I'm hoping that it will eventually turnover to reveal fresh line free skin …..patience right? Rolling Eyes
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Pardon my lack of knowledge but I thought you weren't supposed to use anything higher than 1.0 at home? 2.0 mm sounds terrifying to me.
I have a 1 mm stamp and roller here that I've had for about 6 months and haven't even opened as I'm a chicken....lol. My vertical lip lines drive me crazy.
glamgirlajjk

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Pardon my lack of knowledge but I thought you weren't supposed to use anything higher than 1.0 at home? 2.0 mm sounds terrifying to me.
I have a 1 mm stamp and roller here that I've had for about 6 months and haven't even opened as I'm a chicken....lol. My vertical lip lines drive me crazy.

I use the derminator which can reach 2mm, honestly the "pain" difference from 1mm to 2mm is not really that bad at all. I think over time you get used to it. There are def areas that you feel more than others but when using the derminator on the fastest setting, it goes quick.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the stamp for my 11’s and vertical lip lines.
I’ve not even opened them because I’m afraid to use them. Same brand as the derminator. My big concern is what I’ll look like after. My skin isn’t really sensitive or anything and I don’t have a fear of needles. I just can’t bring myself to take the leap. Don’t want to have to listen to “You did WHAT????” When I have to explain my appearance.
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
glamgirlajjk wrote:
radieschen79
I've been using a 2mm length but the derminator is so forceful that when using on thinner areas like the forehead, it hurts too much ( it feels like the damn thing is driving the needles into my bone Confused ) So i'm going to start using my 1.5 mm roller on those sensitive areas.
I'm only really red for like a day but I get those pin point blood spots under the skin that seem to last for like a week. It looks horrible. Do you ever experience that?

No, fortunately I don't get any pin point blood spots under the skin that last after the rolling. I'm getting a fair amount of bleeding with my 1.5mm dermaroller on my forehead and cheek bones, but it washes away quickly with cold water and no blood spots remain after. Just the typical "sunburn" look Rolling Eyes for 2-3 days after the rolling.

2mm needles would be far too much for me, I can't even imagine the pain from it... I'm using 1.5mm needles and it does hurt of course, but I don't think I could endure 2mm needles. Are you using EMLA cream or another product to numb your skin before rolling?

Yes, I do go through this phase where my skin looks worse after rolling, especially the skin under my eye area looks "crepey" at first, after my first rolling I was really frightened about this, but fortunately it went away the next day.

Like you I'm hoping to get results with my crows feet and fine lines under the eye area. If I remember correctly, Bethany reported in this thread that her crows feet and crossed lines vanished after 6 months after her first rolling, so yes, I think we have to be patient, the collagen only builds up over time. But eventually we will get there too, I'm sure of it. Confused Laughing

So far I'm really pleased with my skin tone improvement, even my large pores on my forehead and nose and the spider veins on my cheeks have improved. I will continue with rolling and I am very curious what kind of improvement I will get in the future.
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:

I was very frightened to use my 1.5mm dermaroller too at first, but it wasn't nearly that painful that I imagined it to be beforehand. Really. Just try it out and you will learn how to handle it over time, it does hurt a bit of course but it really wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. Just give it a try. Smile
radieschen79
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Today I needled some large pores between my eyebrows with a single sewing needle. I cooled the area with ice before needling and it was almost painless. Got a lot of those dreadful popping sounds when penetrating the skin and some blood spots. But it was surprisingly painless, I will use ice again for needling only small areas.

Now I will take a rest from needling for a few weeks at least. I'm really curious if this treatment helped as those large pores really bothered me for a long time. Patience again, right? Laughing
PatKyle
5% products discount

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Please keep updated about your progress
glamgirlajjk

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:14 am      Reply with quote
radieschen79 wrote:
Today I needled some large pores between my eyebrows with a single sewing needle. I cooled the area with ice before needling and it was almost painless. Got a lot of those dreadful popping sounds when penetrating the skin and some blood spots. But it was surprisingly painless, I will use ice again for needling only small areas.

Now I will take a rest from needling for a few weeks at least. I'm really curious if this treatment helped as those large pores really bothered me for a long time. Patience again, right? Laughing

Be careful with the needle, the "popping" sound could have been from hitting a muscle. When I get botox , it kind of sounds like a crunching noise.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |