Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What to do - bad eyelash perm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summer1
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the worst eyelash perm ever. My eyelashes are curled over themselves and my right eye's lashes look shorter than my left's. I just...look scary. Is there any way to fix this, other than chopping them off? This is awful!! Sad
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
There have been many people on this site who've had similar experiences. They just decided to tough it out and maybe give their lashes an extra growth boost with using eyelash growth serums/ conditioning serums. I would definitely just let them grow out. Use a lash conditioner and new ones will sprout. I'm not sure if it'll have any sort of relaxing effect on your already curled lashes, but its worth a try, right? Also, I find that when I put on mascara, especially volumizing formulas, they seem to weigh down my lashes. In your case, this may be a good thing because it may straighten 'em out. Give it a try (not sure if it'll help the 'look' however). Here's a few links I found by using the search function on the top right hand corner of the forum pages. There are a bunch more so I encourage you to look around, and become friends with this search function, lol. Hopefully, you'll find a better answer than what I can offer you! Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20262&highlight=eyelash+perm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16154&highlight=eyelash+perm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3118&highlight=eyelash+perm
ETC.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
There is nothing much that you can do really. A bad eyelash perm is just like a bad hair perm whereby it is definitely a no-no that one should redo it within a short period of time as redoing it with chemical and heat will destroy the hair follicles even more. My advise is just to live with it for a while.The lash will adjust itself in a while.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
ugh i had the worst eyelash experience ever. Went in to get my eyelashes curled and i came out with my eyes all puffy (guess the chemicals they used really irritated my eyes) my eyes were so gross looking for days, and the lashes were WAYY too curly, it didnt look right. they made them curl so the tip of my lashes touched the tip of my lashline... so bad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Check this older post out:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16154
nadine

Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,, For those of you who experienced a BAD Eyelash Perm and Tint, a technician who is experienced should know how to relax the curl. I am a Permanent makeup artist and have been told "top in my Field"... You DO NOT have to suffer to let them grow out. You should go back to your technician and tell her that you are dissatisfied!!. She should then apply the perm solution to the lash without a rod and comb down with an eyelash brush. Almost like a straightener to the hair. Rinse downward and then apply the neutralizer. Rinse and condition. the Perm solution step should only be applied to the lash NO LONGER than 1 minute. Any longer than that, then you'll have problems. Also your technician should NOT charge you. I hope I was of help to anyone out there. Take care everyone ! Nadine
ruwgun

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi would love 2 get this done, have read some good posts, and would LOVE to know where is a reliable place 2 get this done!!! thankkyouu Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Nadine, for the advice on how we can REVERSE a bad eyelash perm job!!! It's nice to get good advise from people with industy know-how. This is priceless when you don't get what you expect and end up with a disaster! Silenced
I've only ever had eyelash perming once and thankfully there were no mishaps as I have phobias about my eyes.....I really liked the results. You definitely have to search around for a reputable place. I find the Japanese have mastered eyelash perming down to a fine art. The girls' own eyelash perms are a great advertisement and are a reflection of the result you can expect.
Angelinajimenez1

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
GUYSSS PLEASE HELP!!!! I GOT A REALLY BAD EYELASH PERM ITS CURLED ALL THE WAY TO MY LASHLINE HOW CAN I REVERSE IT?!?!!! 😰😰😰
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I just got one 2 days ago and I love it! Wish I had known about this several years ago as I had to pull out some corner ones that grew sideways and they made my eyes water all the time. Fixed that issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2017 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Since the topic is REVERSING a lash perm, I have experience with that!
I had an eyelash perm that over-curled too. And some of the lower lashed were curling up which added to the mess.
Mine straightened out in a hurry, bc my person who did it said to avoid any oils or oily makeup removers on the lashes or it will relax them.
So that is what I did not do of course. I applied my Revitalash and Ardell, plus brushed on some Caster Oil mixed with Vitamin E in between. Took a few days but they settled right down.
Good luck.

5% products discount

Fri May 12, 2017 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all i also had the bad eyelash perm. The discussion is good here. Thanks for the DIY solution annie
Skylon

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, EASY SOLUTION:)and it takes few minutes.

I had a very bad experience with eyelash perm. Got home and it just looked bad. It is curled into a roll and looked very weird. I was so difficult to do your eye make up. I felt shit.And if you feel the way I feel I wish there was somebody had given me the idea earlier that I came up with, thinking almost about chopping them off.So i thought i have to share.

They look really amazing now and THAT is the effect I wanted in the first place.
I bought boots perm kit for your hair. I took my eye lash curler (I know, not neccesarily somthing you think about if you want to uncurl them), that probably most of you have. I took cotton bud and just dunk in perm solution first and apply on the rubber curler rim. I grabbed my eyelash as you would curling them, just at the root, clasp them and rather than holding them, i started slowly brushing them out with a slight squeeze, not to damage them more. You can almost instantly see them unfolding and making beautiful desired arch.I have quite thin eyelash, so i was repeating the same move until I got desired curl and that was for no more than 2-5 minutes. Same with second one. After I did exactly the same with perm neutralizer.Remember to moisture them as they went through a lot. Good luck Ladies xxx
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |