Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
::REVIEW:: Cellcosmet Activator Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Now I know that a lot of people who tried the samples of this were not fussed on it, but I also know there are a lot of Cellcosmet users who swear this step is crucial to seeing results with the line.

I had a sample tub in my EDS GWP when I bought the mask. I adored the herbal scent of this (very un-cellcosmet-like) as well as the almost cooling effect it had on my skin during the 3 mins activation. Afterwards, my skin felt clear, dewey and had a lovely glow. End result was that I went running out to get the full size.

It is an alcohol-free, orangy-colored gel to be used before the Cellcosmet Electrolytic Tonic Lotion. Suitable for all skin types except over sensitive, irritated or sensitised skin and is PH balanced.

Spiel from the box: specificially designed to optimise the receiptivity of the skin to Cellcosmet cosmeceuticals.
* deeply purifies the epidermis thanks to its complex of essential oils.
* stimulates the skin funcitons.

MY COMMENTS:

Feel & usage:
The first thing I have to say to those who tried the sample and were not fussed - the samples do not give the correct usage instructions. Using it correctly changes the experience a lot.

Instructions as per the bottle: morning and evening, apply to face and neck. Emulsify with fresh water. Allow to act 2 minutes. Remove with a fresh damp cloth. Do not use on sensitive skin and eye contours.

That is some pretty important information that does not come on the sample box!

The feeling of the skin during the 2 mins is certainly softer than when I was not emulsifying. I use a timer for my 2 mins, as if left on too long skin can have a bit of a pinkish tinge. I still find that it leaves my skin feeling wonderful, soft and glowing. Perhaps more than when I used it incorrectly. I only use it at night, after the cellcosmet cleansing gel.

Packaging:
The packaging is nice (pump bottle with cover), although being quite a large rectangular shape it is difficult to wrap the hand around and bring up one finger to pump (it is only a short pump with a short nozzle too). But that is a minor thing really. It is expensive, but a decent sized bottle (200ml/6.7oz)

Ingredients:
The ingredients were not quite as natural as I would have liked, but even though I have been trying to avoid some of the things in this I absolutely love the product. Laughing ...I am torn. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Water, Ricinoleth-40, MEA-Lauryl Sulfate; Hydroxyethylcellulose, Zedoary Oil, Ginger Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Aspartate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

The ingredients aside, I give this a
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wish you would stop reviewing as this has now won me over and it will be added to the Cellcosmet order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I have a list of about 15 products to do reviews on.. I have just been so lazy this month. There are some definate "non-raves" in them, so you will be safe!
Mabsy

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow! This is sounding interesting! I remember you commenting to me about this and me being non-fussed about it as well. I do have a sample of it but haven't been tempted to use it. Because it comes with no instructions, I assumed that it's something that I apply to the skin before applying moisturiser (without rinsing off).

I'm really looking forward to trying this now! I have a feeling I will end up liking this.... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I just SO love the smell of this stuff.. just saying "herbal" is not really enough.. it is almost a "medicinal herbal" scent (I guess the cinnamon and ginger mix), but I never want to stop emulsifying because of it. Laughing (I just used it again now which is why it is on my mind)
Mabsy

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
You know me and scents! I'll try it this weekend and will report back Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
thanks for share.

it will in my list soon, but my cerdit card will mad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
The Cellcosmet Gel Activator is a must-have for me. First of all, I love the scent! It's a cinnamony-ginger scent that makes me look forward to using it. Smile

I use it before using an exfoliator or mask. It just makes whatever product I use after it more effective.

It doesn't irritate my skin at all. You might expect that with that type of scent, that it might make your skin red because it is supposed to increase the blood circulation -- but it doesn't at all.

If I'm not exfoliating or masking, I can also use it after cleansing and before my moisturizer. I've tried my moisturizer with and without the activator gel and I can tell you that when I use the gel, my moisturizer (and any treatment serums) are absorbed so much more quickly.

A huge rave for the activator gel! Very Happy
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I like it, too. The smell reminds me of witch hazel, though, which I don't love. But, it does do nice things. Makes my skin feel energized.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
You know me and scents! I'll try it this weekend and will report back Smile

Can you update us Mabsy? I don't think I like this product as much, personally.
Mabsy

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Can you update us Mabsy? I don't think I like this product as much, personally.

Not really, sorry! I've been traveling a fair bit over the last four-five months and consequently my product use is all over the place. This never makes the travel cut because it's too big to take with me (or at least if I want to claim that I travel light). I have used it on and off and while it's not my must-have Cellcosmet product, I must admit that I do like it. However, I like it because it is a very refreshing product which is great to use in the morning to help me (and my skin) wake up and in the evening if I'm tired but still must do some work before I can head to bed - it makes my skin feel awake and look alittle bit more awake as well. Hence, I like it for the refreshing effect on my skin but I can't yet report on any long term benefits of using it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I would like this product in the summer.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I like this product very much. It smells good, and gentlly clean your skin.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this & I loved the smell too! I tried it several times, although I too wasn't really sure what it was supposed to do. I loved the smell & how it felt invigorating to my skin, but I had to stop using it after only a couple days because it started to get irritating & drying, especially around the corners of my mouth. Confused
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I almost hit the order button for 2 starter kits and $1200 when I read the ingredients which I had to google elsewhere because they don't typically post all of them and discovered lots of parable so. I wanted a nanotechnology product with quality and that is fair new so I went with lifeline also from Switzerland

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I've used up two bottles, and found nothing special about this additional step. Not too user friendly as it involves another wash off altering foam cleanser. Thumb down, Will not purchase again.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I had my reservation about the Ginger in the product so never finished the bottle. May be I was too lazy and didn't want to cleanse-rinse-activate-rinse-tone....

YES, THAT IS THE SUPPOSED ROUTINE!! WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |