Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any reviews for products from DECIEM and The Ordinary line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2017 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of their products look interesting, any reviews?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2017 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I've tried it-

NIOD Hydration Vaccine - decadent, would not be without it now. my skin is dry and this really holds the moisture in. Goes on very,very heavy and you think 'how can this absorb' but it does. Then it is weightless. But when you wash your face at night you feel it coming off...If that makes sense.

Ordinary retinol - very nice, I am alternating between this and other retinol products but like this the best.

Non acid precursor - good alternative for exfoliation. Not a regular part of routine but I like it.

Just ok - MMC and caffeine serum for eyes

By the way... takes about 15 days for product to arrive' I think they can't keep up with volume.

Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2017 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the feedback! I am interested in the lip product, the pigmentation serum, and a lot of people give excellent feedback about the peptides from the ordinary line....I would love to hear reviews here before I placed an order.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Gothamista does an in depth review of many products from The Ordinary. She has a second video also on YouTube. She does the best skincare reviews and knows her skincare stuff.

I bought a few items based on her review and am
awaiting their arrival.

https://youtu.be/LSEsLLrgHsY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2017 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I tried several products from DECIEM including Copper Amino Isolate Serum 5% at a whopping $200 and was disappointed. Although I'm not familiar with The Ordinary line, wasn't out a year or so ago or maybe was relabeled. I've gone back to using MitoQ and YBF skincare along with some products from ClarityRx.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Gothamista does an in depth review of many products from The Ordinary. She has a second video also on YouTube. She does the best skincare reviews and knows her skincare stuff.

I bought a few items based on her review and am
awaiting their arrival.

https://youtu.be/LSEsLLrgHsY

She's awesome, isn't she? I could listen/watch her all day... I love her comparison of The Ordinary's Marula Oil vs Drunk Elephant (I love them both - but you can't beat the price of The Ordinary's) and because of her I bought and fell in love with Whamisa's Deep Essence skin toner....so hydrating! I also DYI with toner based upon her recipe. So easy and works really well.

I have been using the Ordinary since Wayne Goss raved about it - (these companies must love when huge YouTubers sing their praises...but I'm sure it must wipe out their inventory and shipping times)

What I like alot?

Lactic Acid 5% (bordering on love it)
Marula Oil
Retinol

What's okayyyy:

Buffet (meh?)
Hydrating face primer (even bigger meh)

What I'm waiting for:

New foundation color line (they are sooo behind with this)
Caffeine serum (which in retrospect, I haven't read the greatest reviews on).

So - for the price, the Ordinary is definitely worth a shot - I switch off between their products and The Timeless products and also was liking Drunk Elephant's Vitamin C serum, though I think I'm getting little bumps from it...

Maria xo

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2017 1:19 am      Reply with quote
The Ordinary is a nice line, cheap and fragrance-free.

Their eye serum with caffeine does not burn my eyes and is around $8 for 30ml.
-would buy again.

Their Hyaluronic acid B5 serum is nice, but does not seem to moisturize that much.

The argan oil seems good and is just pure argan oil.

I bought their face primers, but haven't really tried them yet.
sarahleone
5% products discount

Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Hylamide SubQ, Hylamide Vit C25 Booster and just started using the Ordinary Alpha Arubtin.

I really like the thin consistency of these serums. It allows you to layer multiple products without feeling like a mask on your face. They sink in quickly and don't feel sticky on my face. They feel like water.

I have not experienced any breakouts or redness either and most Vit C products cause me to break out.

I added in the Alpha Arbutin a couple days ago to see if it helps with my melasma. I really don't want to use hydroquinone again. It was SO irritating on my skin. I am also interested in the lactic acid products.

Although I haven't had any negative side effects from the SubQ and the C25, I haven't noticed any HUGE differences in my skin either. At the price point, I think the products are worth a shot. It would be wonderful to find something that works that's also affordable.

I will report back in a few weeks regarding the Alpha Arbutin.
sarahleone
5% products discount

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update those who were interested...

The Alpha Arbutin broke me out like crazy so I had to discontinue using it. For the cheap price point I'm glad I tried it. It would have been great if it worked for me. Oh well...Back to the drawing board...
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sarah thank you for updating about the arbutin. That is the product that was sitting in my shopping basket and I was thinking of buying. I have pigmentation issues, and while my skin is not sensitive, I now am less enthusiastic about trying it. I guess I am going to live with melasma again this summer....
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the ORDINARY line and got so much skin irritation and bad breakout I stop and gave it to a friend. She got the same thing. Maybe why it is so inexpensive!
Simar

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
i tried their products too. i felt the same skin irritation. i just threw their products.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 am      Reply with quote
For me their zinc and niacin pore serum does dry out my skin, but not overly-not as harsh as my regular Effaclar skin cream.

The caffeine eye serum is ok, does not bother my eyes,but not crazy about it.

I do like their hyaluronic B5 serum on my eyes though.

Their company was just sold to Estee Lauder, or part of it was.
Curious how that will end up, people on facebook are not too happy.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
The Ordinary is really hit and miss.

Hit:
The Heel Chemistry foot cream. I repurchased. It does help keep feet soft.

OK
The green tea/caffeine eye serum. Very thin. Not sure it does anything. Does not hydrate. It is compatible with other eye creams. I usually top with a little Cerave (or something moisturizing) and SS during the day.

I have 100% Pure on order and another eye cream to finish up. I doubt I will reorder.

BAD

5% Lactic acid. Castor oil is in the ingredient list. This caused cystic acne. WTH! No idea why this ingredient was added.

Please be cautious and read ingredient lists and patch test.

I have a bottle of zinc sitting in the closet. After the Lactic Acid episode I am afraid to try it and risk a breakout.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Updating my thoughts on the Ordinary. I don't like it. The products are one trick ponies, but great for those starting in skin care. For those of us who have been utilizing more advanced skin care for years, it may not work as well.

I stopped using their products and am trying to finish the vampire peel aka AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, which i will only apply to my body.

Herbivore's blue tansy mask is such a better formulation for BHA/AHA, but of course the price difference between the two is huge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both The Ordinary, NIOD and most of Deciem's other products. I can say that they have excellent marketing, while the products themselves are NOT that great. While I say this, I am comparing these to higher quality and more expensive brands. At first, I thought it was such a great deal to use the 'same' ingredients for a fraction of the cost BUT that is NOT the case. Even my husband thought the products were not great. I prefer to spend a LOT more money to get cleaner products that work.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I bought the hyper-expensive large size of the NIOD Neck Elasticity Catalyst. It was completely, utterly useless. It made my neck sticky, which would have been a small thing to put up with, had it worked.

Also invested in three bottles of the hair growth stuff (The Ordinary) which failed to work for my SIL. It also failed dismally for me.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I think that The Ordinary retinol is great, the best of many I've used. I'm familiar with 0.2% and 0.5% only. The famous "Buffet" is meh, won't be buying again. I also like their 10% Lactic Acid. Marine Hyaluronics feels like ordinary (nomen omen) water to me, doesn't do much. I've been using many products from the Ordinary, nothing caused problems, but apart from their retinol, nothing is that great either. Worth a try though. Niacinamide with Zinc is OK, but too drying for my dry skin.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
For those that like The Ordinary products everything is 23% off for the month of November if you order off their site.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |