Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2017 8:27 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi scf 😊

There's no need to buy the programme again. It's exactly the same as it always was, except that newer editions leave out the Crush exercise. The easy ten is actually the easy nine!

There is now a second Ageless book which has massage exercises for improving the density of flesh, skin and bone, but the massage techniques in the original book work too if you don't want to buy the new one 😎

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the office for a few days. Thank you very much for your interest!

Loulou Cool Smile

Hi Loulou,

Thank you for responding! I had tried emailing the sroyce email twice and didn't get a response so was concerned about purchasing and not knowing if I'd get the material. My book is actually falling apart. I don't have the massage section anymore. I do have the 10 exercises though. I was thinking of purchasing the massage book anyhow. Thank you for your help!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Lenny cant wrote:
Hey skincarefreak, the massage book is amazing, even if you think you look as good as you can for your age. I honestly think I couldn't look better for my age even if I had surgery. I know it's a bit easier for me being a guy but plenty of the girls here have said it works for them too. Lenny 😎😎😎

Thanks Lenny! I was thinking of getting it anyhow. Thank you for letting me know it's worth trying! Very Happy
Snorkmaiden

Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been continuing on with the Ageless exercises and have gotten to the point where I really enjoy doing them. Something I've noticed is I think my cheeks are beginning to slightly build up but as I have very flat checks genetically this is only marginal. I feel like my nasolabial folds are looking much worse though and I have a worsening of the parenthesis on one side of my face. My instinct is telling me to continue with the cheek exercises but cut out the sxxy beast or maybe reduce it to once a week. How does this sound?

Another positive I've found is my face doesn't feel like it wobbles when I walk, sounds strange but I guess everything is beginning to tone up. Once everything has toned up I wonder when the build up of the muscle begins?

The massage I've been doing is just to pinch around the skin on me face which I believe is helping to tone my face. Another thing I was wondering is on the addictional exercises which engages the lower lip is there any downside to over doing this? I find myself doing this habitually everyday without noticing! My lips are beginning to look a lot fuller although some days I can notice no change and others they look dramatically plumper! Xxx
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi snorkmaiden,
Great that your cheeks are filling out. Bits of your face can temporarily get a bit creased-looking when you begin to exercise it. It will go away if you have a few days off and let the muscle recover. Remember that the skin is attached to the muscle and needs time to unfold and relax after a session. Think of it as you would a skin treatment that needs recovery, like dermabrasion or a course of retin a.

Try not to use your lower lip muscle too much... you want to train the face to lift up and out. You'll soon get out of the habit x

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2017 9:25 am      Reply with quote
PS I'm glad you're enjoying the exercises. It made me realise it was working when I had a good feeling I was giving my face something it had been needing a long time.
😘

Sat May 20, 2017 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply Louise ❤️ I will take that on board. I've stopped messing with my lip now! Something I wanted to ask is I wonder how much you believe can be built up on your cheeks when taking into account your faces natural shape? I can see from your before and afters that you have changed your face shape but was the face shape you have now more similar to your young selfs face or have you modified yourself completely? I ask because I want to know how realistic I can be with my results. I'd love built up cheeks like yourself but my face isn't set up like that! X
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sat May 20, 2017 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou - and all the users of AIYD.

I need help Smile

I bought the second edition in 2015 I think and STILL haven't used it. I'm terrified I'll look worse first and will do things wrong. I have a chubby, heavy face and my neck has started to deteriorate rapidly (although a cream and some RF seems to be staving off the decline). I've read so much I'm both excited and confused and cannot seem to get the neck exercise right.

Let me start again...

Where should I start? How often?

Can I do a skype session with you?

Do you think the slendertone face adds anything to the routine?

Thank you!!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2017 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Dear LouLou and all - please ignore my last post. I tried to delete it but can't.

I've checked the editions I have and want to check I have the right order of things so sent you (Steve) and email as I think I am missing the massage manual / programme outline (but have the DVD i think).

Having read the past 6 months of posts I'm confident that I'll start - and stick to - a schedule that LouLou recommends (not hotspots) for easy, steady and beautiful progress. No longer after the quick fix. So.... I would appreciate any input so that I can start off on the right foot.

I'm now 48 with plenty of face fat Laughing a heavy lower face, N/L folds and a neck that's suddenly gone all crepey Shock

The DVDs I have are the original AIYD, hotspots, and the 'quick and dirty' one. Q: is this the latest massage DVD or is there an updated version that I can get?

I have the complete second edition PDF but cannot find the programme set out that includes massage -
but I know I had it once.

I think the programme ought to be and please fill in the gaps!! :

DAY1.... Lift cheeks#1; Lift cheeks#2; Happy smile; Laughter; Sexy beast

DAY2... Crush; Long neck; Wish; Lift eyelids; Kiss

DAY3... massage from the quick and dirty dvd

DAY4... ???

I sent my before pictures to you (Steve) and would love some feedback via this thread so that everyone can benefit. Also happy to share pics once some progress is made.

I've used one of those 'golden ratio' graphics overlaid as well - as if I need that! lol

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread - it's made me revisit my programme and refuse the idea of a facelift, for now at least...
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2017 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi snookydoops!

I'm away, so I'm afraid I haven't seen your photographs yet, but the Ageless exercises do the same for everyone. They lift the face up and out like a facelift, where they tighten the muscles, a surgeon would cut away and tighten exactly the same muscles; there aren't any extra muscles involved in lifting the face, and you don't want to strengthen muscles that pull the face down! So what you do is to directly reverse your face back where it was. Your n/ls and heavy lower face are both caused when the supporting muscles weaken and the whole face drops downward in one piece!

You do have the massage exercises, they are indeed the ones in quick n dirty.

Since the facial skin is completely stuck to the flesh underneath, the only area, any massage only really actually tighten the neck. Where the face sags it's the whole face that's slack, not the skin dropping away. Most of the massage book is involved in making the facial flesh more dense and firm, strengthening the bone structure. The neck, though is almost entirely a skin issue and responds dramatically to strong massage.

I'd suggest having Day 4 as a rest day, since you're doing day 3 and 4 in one go! Also be cautious about the Crush exercise. It pulls the cheeks in dramatically and not everyone likes the look!

Otherwise I'd only say, take it steady, don't scrutinise your face in the mirror, and trust the people who will notice you're looking great. You have a great attitude!

Good luck on this little adventure 😘😎 loulou x

Mon May 22, 2017 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Bought download. The video works fine, but I cannot open the book. Have tried Word, Notepad, etc. Can someone please let me know how to open the book? Thank you!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2017 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi snookydoops!

Good luck on this little adventure 😘😎 loulou x

Thank you !! 😘
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tina, please pm me your email address. Steve will sort it Cool
LL Smile

5% products discount

Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou (or anyone else please chip in with your findings)

I have some questions…

I am going on holiday in 5 weeks and want to look my best. Should I follow the 4 day rotation (D1 exercises, D2 exercises, D3 massage, D4 rest) all the way through or should I follow your 30 day programme which seems to have daily work with massage?

With regard to moulding the bone, you say pressing can help mould inwards but some movements help grow bone density back - what’s the difference in types of bone manipulation? I ask because I want to know what I’m shrinking versus growing (pressing / tapping etc).

Are there any interventions for the slightly bulbous cartilage at the end on my nose? E.g. if i pinch it regularly will that encourage growth or encourage slimming or nothing?

Thanks!
xx
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2017 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Someone earlier in this thread asked if there was a way to tighten up body skin, like on the belly and arms; do certain massage techniques work? Like the ones from the facial routine?

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
snookydoops
5% products discount

Fri May 26, 2017 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I wondered about that too. Knees and underarm skin especially.

I guess the massage works on the skin itself (I'm about to start vigorous body brushing with a vitamin oil to follow so will report on progress) but skin on the face is attached to the muscle - so when you lift the muscle the skin moves with it. Not so on the body, from what I've read here...
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Snooky is quite right, the great thing about the face is that the skin is pulled tight by the muscles. The muscles of the body don't move the skin. But...

The skin is an organ in its own right. It responds to a challenge in the same way as a muscle, the heart or the lungs. You can tighten it significantly with firm and intensive handling.

It just so happens that I've just finished a book about this, with exercises for the skin of the body. It'll be on the Ageless site soon. Meanwhile, book yourself in for a heavy duty massage, and remember to pull your skin!

All best, loulou 😎

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2017 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi snooky 😎
I'd go with the 30 day programme, provided you allow enough time for your face to rebuild with the new tissue before you leave. Your normal programme is fine, and since you haven't been overworking your face, it will withstand a little more intensity as a boost before your holiday. Do it now though, not just before you leave 😊

The bone massage won't change the shape of the bone, but it will maintain density and prevent the bone from shrinking. In all cases, pressure on the bone from tapping, pressing in or rubbing with pressure will perform the same service as weight-bearing exercise for the body.

I've not worked specifically on cartilage to answer your question from experience. There's very little research available, i.e. None! Please do try though. It'd be fascinating to see how you get on.
Hugs,
Loulou 😘Xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Snooky is quite right, the great thing about the face is that the skin is pulled tight by the muscles. The muscles of the body don't move the skin. But...

The skin is an organ in its own right. It responds to a challenge in the same way as a muscle, the heart or the lungs. You can tighten it significantly with firm and intensive handling.

It just so happens that I've just finished a book about this, with exercises for the skin of the body. It'll be on the Ageless site soon. Meanwhile, book yourself in for a heavy duty massage, and remember to pull your skin!

All best, loulou 😎

5% products discount

Fri May 26, 2017 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much LouLou. I have always manhandled my own face - love to scrub with a hot cloth -
simply because it feels good to do so, but the eye area and neck... I've totally shyed away from touching but can't wait to dive in with the programme now. Will post again as I progress - am sure I'll have more questions!

xx
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2017 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi snooky,

Yes, I'm glad you've experienced that, the face feeling good after robust treatment. It's because the skin has been quietly yearning for stretching and intense massage. It will show dramatic results before you know it

😎

5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok so last night was day 10 of the 30 day programme (because I counted the first 4 days of starting as first four days of this!) and, well, I'm looking a little ropey! Lol... not massively so and certainly not enough for me to panic and stop. I put makeup on today to cheer myself up and did the mirror protocol and am ready to continue...

My million dollar question is... when is it likely to look better? Collagen takes 4-6 weeks doesn't it? Would welcome any comments from people who have done this 30 day programme Smile
ballerina
5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Snookydoops, . Once you're repaired (at most a couple of days), you'll look younger, prettier, healthier. Have faith because the transformation happens for everyone.

if you're planning something, just stop when you think you're not looking your best and you'll soon see the good effects showing as you let it rebuild. Trust me, I've been there, as has every Ageless user. We all look great! Ballerina xx
vandu
5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
can daily face scrub/mask have similar effect as massage? i'm doing a 30 day face mask routine with turmeric paste to reduce scars/heal skin..and during my 2-week break from Ageless massage/exercises..i didn't notice much uplift? i thought it would be enough time to notice some rebuilding but no... maybe the daily mask/scrub i've been doing during this break is not allowing skin to have full recuperation?

thanks loulou or anyone who can provide some insights?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Not Loulou but my take is no way can a mask/scrub have similar effects to exercises/massage. However why not do both? For me, masks are great (but I’m dry skinned and 60 plus!). So my skin needs all the moisture it can get and seems to love natural masks and it definitely hydrates my skin.

However I’m also doubtful masks can really lift the skin and muscles – as they are good but they can’t get at the muscles to tone and lift them – unless you using one of those overnight enzyme kind of masks, which do tighten but you have to leave them on for a few hours. The tightening though doesn’t create lift – it simply tightens.

Whats made you want do do a 30 day mask challenge? Tumeric is great but with masks they kind of detox the skin (if you think of charcoal and clay masks) and so once you use them the process continues once you remove the mask somewhat. But doing it 30 days in a row I seem to recall someone saying encourages the skin and its oil turnover to be lazy. Not quite sure of the exact reasons why but seem to recall a youtube blogger saying she did it to clear her congested and oily skin, and she noticed within a few days of using it her skin produced more oil as a result of the masks every day and so she stopped and had to wait 6 weeks for her skin to revert back.
vandu wrote:
can daily face scrub/mask have similar effect as massage? i'm doing a 30 day face mask routine with turmeric paste to reduce scars/heal skin..and during my 2-week break from Ageless massage/exercises..i didn't notice much uplift? i thought it would be enough time to notice some rebuilding but no... maybe the daily mask/scrub i've been doing during this break is not allowing skin to have full recuperation?

thanks loulou or anyone who can provide some insights?
pmr926

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just went to Lou Lou's site to see if the new body massage program she mentioned in a post recently was available and I got a forbidden error message. Just wondering if it's just me or if the site is down?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |