Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Proteins in Diet and Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EmilyKristina
5% products discount

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Do lot of proteins in our diet increases the chances of having acne?

5% products discount

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about protein in general (not all are the same), but dairy is often a cause of acne.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I think it really depends on what type of protein you mean and whether the person is able to digest/assimilate it properly. For some, protein is helpful because our body needs it for everyday living and it can't make it itself. Dairy and gluten seem to be the biggest triggers for most with acne. Also hormones are not to be ignored. I think when they are unbalanced or unsettled they really create havoc.
EmilyKristina wrote:
Do lot of proteins in our diet increases the chances of having acne?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know. I want to follow this thread to see what other response will be.
nainaseth
5% products discount

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Your protein intake is one of many factors that might play a role in the potential link between your diet and risk of developing acne. However, following a high-protein diet is unlikely to lead to more acne. In fact, a small amount of preliminary evidence suggests that a high-protein and low-glycemic diet may make you less prone to acne.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think based on recent findings, sugar and gluten are to blame for certain bacteria to be fed off them on the skin.

In the 80s, they used to blame oil in diets but no longer believe to be the case.

I am yet to hear protein being the culprit.
fitnesshealth

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Research suggests whey protein can cause skin outbreaks. When trying to get lean, protein powder can become an integral part of a person's diet. ... But according to scientific research, there could be a real big downside to this: it can trigger acne, which can cause real self-confidence issues for some people.Nov
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Which research is it that you speak of?
I have not come across anything that suggests that so genuinely curious as to the source?

fitnesshealth wrote:
Research suggests whey protein can cause skin outbreaks. When trying to get lean, protein powder can become an integral part of a person's diet. ... But according to scientific research, there could be a real big downside to this: it can trigger acne, which can cause real self-confidence issues for some people.Nov
havana8

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 am      Reply with quote
fitnesshealth wrote:

I think this is a quote from this article:

The surprising reason protein powder can cause acne
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/diet-nutrition/a13449375/link-between-protein-powder-acne/

Here are another few article references:

The Surprising Connection Between Whey Protein and Acne
https://www.self.com/story/surprising-connection-whey-protein-and-acne

Top 7 Foods That Can Cause Acne
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods-that-cause-acne

Smile
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, we usually tend to apply only research we like and ignore the others, that we don't like. Honestly, most people hate to exclude dairy products from their diets. We love cheese with our wines and sour cream on our potato pancakes.

But here is the true story. My teen sun (heavy milk drinker from his birth) have got massive acne. Same as many others in his age. After trying some topicals and see them useless after a while, i convinced him to try and go off dairy for some time. Just 100%. Completely!

It took about 4 months to clear his face and back. After about 2 years he started to introduce small amounts of dairy mostly as cheesecake, cheese or sour cream. If he is not getting too greedy - he can get away with it. Some time he gets a pimple, so he knows exactly what he did wrong.

Home made nut milk is as good as cow milk. May be even better Smile

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing these links, havana!
I can also add that dehydration or not enough water can cause acne.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think that's relevant. Because the skin of the face is related to the health of the body.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
thank you havana for your link,

I am really amazed by the fact that the protein powder causes acne breakouts,
I understand better why I had pimples with each protein intake Shock
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
thank you havana for your link,

I am really amazed by the fact that the protein powder causes acne breakouts,
I understand better why I had pimples with each protein intake Shock
Qiwi

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I read this in a medical journal. But you have to eat 1 gr of protein for 1 kg weight not to lose your muscles.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |