Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 - Maybe you answered my question. You say the original IS the same as the Wrinkle one now? So that original had Red and Amber light?
Thanks.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
EC413 - Maybe you answered my question. You say the original IS the same as the Wrinkle one now? So that original had Red and Amber light?
Thanks.

I could be wrong, however I am pretty sure both lights have the same diodes, same number of LEDs, same wavelengths, and they both have red, amber AND infrared. I think the only thing that changed was the style of the handle and the LEDs in the newer one were more recessed into the head of the Lightstim. But again, pretty sure it's identical as far as the LEDs go.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi EC413,

thanks for trying to clearing this up. I hope you are right.

Best wishes!
akami
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
pinknika: Sorry it took me so long but here is that link about pre-treating with green tea/free radical discussion.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my experience-- I used the red light (Truthinaging device) rather aggressively for a few weeks (several times a week for 25-30 minutes at a time), and I definitely think it just made me look more tired/older. Maybe it is a dehydration thing? Ive used it before on and off over the years, less intensively, and not noticed this negative side effect.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
cleterdog

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello all. I am new to the forum. Kassy I really appreciate all the information you have provided. I used my LightStim last night. It was really relaxing. I got a few little red spots that went away by morning. I got it for melasma, fine lines, a couple of wrinkles Sad, and my hubby has broken caps that make his face really red. He won't try it yet but if he sees my results I think he will. It is my hope that I got the best and most durable product. There are so many out there to choose from. I was debating between this and the laser from Tria.
cleterdog

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to ask if you can continue to use the device after your 8 weeks every day. Can you just continue daily use? Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:38 am      Reply with quote
cleterdog wrote:
I forgot to ask if you can continue to use the device after your 8 weeks every day. Can you just continue daily use? Very Happy

Cleterdog, after the 8 week trial, I would back down to a few times a week or even just once or twice. Even though it's not considered harmful, I feel like it's good to cut down and let your skin sort of rest after doing the full treatment cycle. I don't think using daily will cause any harm however, but using daily at a constant, isn't really necessary once you hit the maintenance cycle.

Anyways, I broke out my lightstim and starting using it again! I had moved semi recently and all my stuff including my various skin gadgets, were all packed away in boxes. The other night I finally started opening them and found my lighstim, I actually have two anti-aging stims (to do the face faster). But I started using one just the other night and already my skin has this healthy glow that I remember so well from when I initially purchased this gadget years ago.

I am a total believer in LED treatments for skin. It is obvious (to me) that results come and in my opinion they come relatively quick. I also own 2 Perricone LEDs (with red and IR) and currently have a Tanda Luxe (red light) coming from eBay. Got it for $20 with free shipping. Just another LED gadget for me to try and a steal considering they still sell for $100 from certain vendors. I like the Tanda because it's portable meaning no wires. I'm gonna try it out and see if it's worthy, if not, whatever it was $20.

Anyways, the lightstim continues to be my favorite skincare gadget. It's so easy to do, albeit time consuming, but I truly do believe it has given me the best results from any gadget I have used. And I also believe it is probably one of the best LED devices out of all the other LED wands you can find.
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
from what age do ppl usually start using it?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:06 am      Reply with quote
There isn't any hard and fast rules as to what age to start - presumably it is good at preventing too so the sooner you start the better.
oaijason wrote:
from what age do ppl usually start using it?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my AALS since around 2008 I think (!) so I have the original version Anti-Aging device, getting on a bit like its owner, but still going strong Smile

Mine looks like this -

I was lucky enough to get another, much newer, Lightstim for a song on ebay earlier - but then I start thinking - surely now it's so popular there will be clones out there? When I bought an AALS hardly anyone was discussing LEDs online, never mind selling them.

Sure enough, I see this on Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Lightstim-for-Wrinkle-acne-Face-Care-LED-Skin-Rejuvenation-Vibration-LightStim-for-Wrinkles-Plus-Device-free/1923202_32460010535.html

Wondering if there are any tell-tale signs to spot a fake? I can see some versions of the Lightstim are printed Red where it says "For Wrinkles"
(image from the Lightstim site)

This slightly older version (?) has the print all in Black, just like the ebay item I bought, and on Aliexpress:
(image from http://www.beautygurulasvegas.com/2014/08/30/lightstim-vs-illumask/ )

There's another dhgate listing here - which shows the item boxed and close-up (notice the CE marking at the base of the handle, front facing) http://www.dhgate.com/product/newest-lightstim-for-acne-face-and-skin-care/249276688.html
dhgate image with CE marking: http://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g1/M01/6A/23/rBVaGVW4iPSAKbXEAA8oKZYtnjI774.jpg

Though the QVC Lightstim also has the CE marking http://www.qvc.com/LightStim-Mini-for-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device.product.A239694.html
QVC image with CE marking (though this is the Lightstim Mini): http://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/a239694-5?qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&id=Rk-lB1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=503&hei=447&qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1

Maybe a clue is in the packaging? This blogger http://simplydesigning.porch.com/lightstim-fab-anti-aging-device/ has their Lightstim boxed like this https://i0.wp.com/4.bp.blogspot.com/-1lJ72hQCoZU/ToTlGd7TfqI/AAAAAAAACco/vQFyfXoDJ6g/s400/LT5.jpg?resize=376%2C40000:14

dhgate's is boxed like this
http://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g3/M00/F9/97/rBVaHFW4iS2ANtLRABBnUw9f-OM176.jpg

I can see the Lightstim (what I assume is a) knockoff for as low as $20 if you buy in bulk from dhgate! Scarily cheap (and makes you wonder just how safe they would be!).

Any eagle-eyed Lightstim (For Wrinkles) owners with some insight?

Also, do the newer Lightstims all come with an inbuilt timer?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 am      Reply with quote
PS - I wonder what happened to the Rosacea light? Been a while since I've been on EDS/looked at the Lightstim website. Think it got very mixed reviews, though.

The current range now seems to be Lightstim For Wrinkles/Lightstim For Wrinkles Mini/Lightstim For Acne Mini/Lightstim For Pain?

As the Acne Mini light is 5 minutes per area, and the treatment head is smaller, it must take ages Laughing !

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Received my bargain Lightstim (slightly damaged and not described in the listing but I got a partial refund. Sadly the seller insisted they sent it out intact - but you can see on their not-very-clear ebay picture, slightly, where the fault is). But the device is still usable and the new timer function is just brilliant! (Had my fill of using digital timers!).

Whether it is from dhgate/aliexpress it's hard to say. It came in a Lightstim white zip-up pouch with instructions (no mis-spellings, Chinglish or weird print). But I'm not familiar with the new Lightstim For Wrinkles, so can't compare.

Took a picture of the new Lightstim For Wrinkles on the Left, and my around ten years-old AALS (the original version of the Anti-Aging light) on the Right.

Hard to portray in photos but you can see the newer light is quite a bit brighter. I assume LEDs degrade over time? Does this mean perhaps the older one is less efficient - or does holding it flush to the skin mean the difference in brightness/heat/power is minimal? (I'm no scientist).

Also, just for fun, the New vs Old (Left to Right) where you can see just how grubby ol' faithful has become. I do clean it with a slightly damp toothbrush (and dry it, of course) but it is hard to keep clean.

One advantage of having two, of course, is that the treatment time is halved (think a few EDSers bought two) - even if it can be awkward having a device in each hand!

Violetbadcat
5% products discount

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Ljk, I just stumbled across your post about your EBay Lightstim and the question of whether or not it might be off DHgate, and I wonder if this might be relevant:

I have an anti aging LightStim as well, in addition to a first generation LightStim for acne. My AALS is from QVC, and it has an orange background behind the diodes. The acne light has a dark blue background behind the diodes.

From what I can tell of the models being advertised on DHgate is they have no colored panel behind the bulbs. They are simply white. Like so:

Has anyone who purchased a LS directly from the manufacturer received a model with a white panel behind the lights? I'd be interested to know.

Wait. Scratch this post. I just noticed that some LightStims on QVC also sold with white panels, so I am guessing the newest models have entirely white heads? Well, this is what I can surmise- I don't see any evidence of the colored backgrounds being faked on DHgate or Aliexpress, but I do see evidence of the white ones. That narrows the field a little bit, I guess.
P

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Can i use lightstim after using tripollar stop device been using lightstim for 2 wk now and would be a shame to stop because ofone use of tripollar
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Violetbadcat wrote:
Ljk, I just stumbled across your post about your EBay Lightstim and the question of whether or not it might be off DHgate, and I wonder if this might be relevant:

I have an anti aging LightStim as well, in addition to a first generation LightStim for acne. My AALS is from QVC, and it has an orange background behind the diodes. The acne light has a dark blue background behind the diodes.

From what I can tell of the models being advertised on DHgate is they have no colored panel behind the bulbs. They are simply white. Like so:

Has anyone who purchased a LS directly from the manufacturer received a model with a white panel behind the lights? I'd be interested to know.

Wait. Scratch this post. I just noticed that some LightStims on QVC also sold with white panels, so I am guessing the newest models have entirely white heads? Well, this is what I can surmise- I don't see any evidence of the colored backgrounds being faked on DHgate or Aliexpress, but I do see evidence of the white ones. That narrows the field a little bit, I guess.
Hey, didn't realise someone had replied to me.

I broke my 10 year-old (legit) AALS recently, so bought another from ebay..then another a few days back, also ebay.

The aforementioned one, I've had a few months.

The first (mentioned a few posts ago) has the 30 second timer...has very subtly, very lightly "grained" plastic on the underside, though there's no coloured panel under the LEDs (though, you've mentioned you don't think that's anything to be concerned about).

I won a bid for another AALS the other week, and this one is very different. The plastic is completely smooth, it has NO timer switch (just on/off) and the logo isn't printed on 100% properly - you'd maybe expect this if the light had had a hard life, but it's barely used.

I'm wondering if this second one is a counterfeit?

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Okay, here's some photos.

To the Left is the non-timer (see the print being a little faint on the "h"?), the Right is the AALS I've been using for a few months.

The Left is smooth plastic, the Right is grained, very subtly.

Close-up of the "smooth plastic"/"non-timer" AALS (see the mis-print? this item is "barely used" and you can tell by the LED panel - from experience, these get grubby quite quickly).

Here is a close-up of the panel itself. This is the recently received, non-timer, smooth plastic version. It has thicker black print inside the panel at the "->" arrow, and the number "4" - a number the other panel doesn't have. There are also gold contacts inside the LED (not sure of the technical name).

This is the AALS (with timer) that I've been using for a few months so you can see it's a little muckier. It has silver contacts inside, and simply a "->" printed in thinner print.

Not sure if the adaptors are what are the give away, maybe should take pictures of those too!

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I got in touch with Lightstim just to satisfy my curiosity (let's face it, given that I didn't spend a bucketload on my two AALS lights I wouldn't be too disappointed if they were dupes).

Anyway, I messaged Lightstim at support@lightstim.zendesk.com (the email address mentioned on their website) basically asking a) Are these lights counterfeit, and how could I determine this, if so? and b) Do all "newer" Lightstims (the ones that have the new case/logo) come with the 30-second timer?

This is the reply (edited a little):

Quote:
"Correct, eBay is not an authorized Reseller of LightStim and we do not recommend purchasing from third party resellers. With that said, we are able to verify if a LightStim is counterfeit or not, whether by sending in the Light for analysis or by providing detailed images, as you have done. I have consulted with our Manufacturing Department. They have verified that your LightStim Lights were manufactured by our facility.

With that said, your LightStim Lights all include the same technology as your original LightStim from 2008. We still use the same wavelengths of LEDs, which include Light Red, Deep Red, Amber, and Infrared. Your LightStim for Wrinkles includes our most recent updates, the textured handle and 3 minute timer. The timer now beeps at every 3 minutes and shuts off after 30 minutes.

In the 11 years of manufacturing our Lights, fewer than 1% have been returned requiring repair when purchased through an authorized reseller; the chance of you having quality issues with your Light are very, very slim. In the unlikely event that you should, we will simply fix/replace your Light while under warranty. After your warranty expires we are still able to fix your Light for a nominal fee."

Didn't really answer my question so I tried again Smile

Quote:
"All new LightStim for Wrinkles are now manufactured with our 3 minute timer. The model you have received is an older model of our LightStim for Wrinkles."

TL;DR: The replies were perhaps a little cagey, politician-style answers* which say Yes, the panels seem authentic.

Also that older new-style AALS lights don't come with a timer - I simply assumed they all did.

Kudos to Lightstim's stellar customer service for replying very, very quickly by email (within about two hours each time). Of course as I didn't buy direct they didn't have to reply at all, so I'm grateful for that too.

*not a criticism, I understand why they're unwilling to make a definite statement.

supertramp

Wed May 30, 2018 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, fantastic forum I just would like to know if some of the original posters ... who started off the post are still using their Lightstim?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I recently had my 8 year old LightStim repaired (the on/off switch had died). I initially purchased a new cord thinking it was that since the original cords were often problematic. When it turned out to not be that, I sent it in for repairs and was very pleasantly surprised when it was returned to me repaired - and without a bill.

My LightStim left here with the smooth casing (circa 2010 or so) and was sent back with the newer casing (a bit of a texture to it), so I don't think the smoothness can be an indicator of being a fake. I think they've just tweaked the design a bit over time.

Big thumbs up for customer service from LightStim! I can definitely recommend them. Very Happy
shamus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:11 am      Reply with quote
So, are you still using your lightstim after 8 years? Badically, does it work as advertised. Thank you so much for your input
Lian

Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I've shared my journey using LightStim for the past 7 months, but have only included what worked for me.

With all of the LED hupla of late, and so many people jumping on the LED bandwagon, it has been brought to my attention, with more PM's than I can keep up with, that I neglected to tell the other LightStim treatment methods, that may be of interest to some.

I've pulled out the manual, and this is what it say's regarding treatment options for the 3 LightStim products;

Directions For Using Your LightStim;
We have three different application methods listed below. One may work better than another for you, so you may have to experiment to find the method that works best.

All LightStim lights cover about a 3 inch area, but because of their design and the way the angles of light hit the skin, you actually affect a 4 inch area. Keeping that in mind, place your LightStim directly in contact with the skin and hold it there for 2 or 3 minutes. Now move it to the next area you want to address and again hold it there for 2 or 3 minutes. Continue in this fashion until you have addressed the entire area you're working on.

Method 1: Use your LightStim everyday. About 95% of customers see the best results this way.

Method 2: Use your LightStim every 2nd or 3rd day. It is rare that this method works more effectively than Method 1, but if you have taken your before and after pictures and several weeks have gone by and you're not getting good results with Method 1, you should switch to Method 2.

Method 3: Use your LightStim one time per week. Again, only switch to this Method if your not getting good results with Method 2. Before beginning Method 3, please contact LightStim for further instruction.

Special note for the Anti-Acne Light: Only Method 1 and 2 are valid for this light, as frequent usage is required when attempting to kill the bacteria which causes Acne or Rosacea.

If any of you newer LightStim users have an updated manual, feel free to add to, or correct any newer methods that I'm not aware of.

For the record, I have never used my light more than 4 or 5 times per week. At this point in time, 2 or 3 times per week is plenty.

Feel free to use this thread for anything having to do with the Anti-Aging LightStim.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |