Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EmilyKristina
5% products discount

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin. Please recommend the best moisturizer for my skin?

5% products discount

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin too and really like the Cerave PM moisturizer.

There are two ways to hydrate skin: oil and water. Since you already have oily skin, you need to focus on adding water back to the skin. Look for oil-free moisturizers (like the Cerave one) and/or products with hyloronic acid - like the neutrogena gel-cream for extra dry skin (it's fragrance free and they make a second one that isn't). I found that by adding these types of products to my skin, it's WAY more hydrated and less oily. Hope that helps.
Joe333

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Not sure about the ingredients in Cerave PM but I'd be weary based on what I have seen in other products from the line.

I am also looking for a lightweight, organic or almost all-natural moisturizer for oily skin that doesn't leave a shine on the face or clog pores/lead to breakouts. If it can double as a sunscreen too that would just be amazing!

Currently have been trying between the following three but not sure which to stick with pen if to try a different one.

Beauty By Earth Facial Moisturizer, Organic & Natural
(Organic, does leave shine, no spf, nor pore reduction, small and kinda expensive)

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for Oily Skin to Mattify Skin and Refine Pores
(Claimed pore reduction, pretty non-shine, small and expensive, no spf, not organic and I don't like that I think has salicylic acid)

Origins Vitazing Spf 15 Energy-boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen (Travel Size 30ml/1 Oz)
(Very far from organic and origins products in general have a lot of crap in them, does have spf, nothing about pores and it tends to clog pores a bit on the nose though Mayberry I'm not using it right?)

Recommendations?
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
My 30 year old son used Neutrogena Hydro Boost overnight and woke up to a bright red chemical burn. I did a patch test on his chest and sure enough before I even finished rubbing it in it turned his skin bright red. He reported it to the company. It has been several days and he is only slightly less red.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am      Reply with quote
EmilyKristina wrote:
I have oily skin. Please recommend the best moisturizer for my skin?

my husband also has oily skin, and he does not need to use anything....
he has breakouts very easily and take pills to control the breakouts.
nainaseth
5% products discount

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I am using La Roche-Posay Effaclar Matte Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer as of now as I also have an oily skin. This oil-free facial moisturizer is designed especially for oily and acne-prone skin and it contains ingredients like glycerin and dimethicone that help make skin look more matte. For me, it does what it says.
Shoprevyur

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Aroma Moisturiser Plus is the best moisturizers for skin.

There are many moisturizers in the market, what makes Aroma plus different is that its light formula get absorbed into the skin making it soft and supple, its aroma is refreshing. The product can be used on all skin types; it is a modified form of aroma moisturizer which contains Aloe vera juice as well as Lotus extract which has excellent moisturizing properties.
Rissatish

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily/combination skin and I've been using just a pure hyalauronic acid gel and I really like it. It seems to tighten my pores while hydrating. There is no sunscreen but its a great priming moisturizer before makeup.
sanjana123

Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Having a skin moisturizer is extremely essential during these winters so currently am using body lotion and face moisturizer from Nyassa bath and body products and it has been really effective on my skin, it not only removes dry skin but also has a good fragrance.
KristyC

Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use a hyaluronic acid serum with peptides (I make it) followed by a very small amount of coconut oil, then burn out sunscreen last. I have oily breakout prone skin. Some with oily skin prefer to skip the moisturizer and just let the sunscreen serve as such.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Having a good moisturizer is extremely essential during winters. I recently tried Nyassa anti-aging hand cream. Not only does it moisturize your hands but also acts as a anti aging cream. Moreover it smells good too! Very Happy
Anjali6132

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys!
I had the problem of oily skin too.I tried few of the moisturizers but didn't really helped me much.
Then I found about Nyassa bath and body organic
carrier oil which helped me alot for my oily skin. I have been using nyassa's sweet almond oil, and it did helped me to deal with oily skin.
For people having oily skin , I would recommend nyassa organic carrier oil:)
Shanaya Singh

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Girls..
i have recently tried a moisturizer from a nyassa website and i have a tremendous transformation of my skin.
first it was all dry skin my whole day but after i used this product my skin was fine after a whole long day.
please visit thier website and a look on thier moisturizer product.
website name is nyassabathandbody
robert.brown98765
5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Many people who have an oily complexion tend to avoid moisturizers. The fact is that oily skin tends to get dehydrated, thus one must apply at least a small amount of moisturizer twice in a day.One natural method which has helped me is a simple solution.All you need i to take a clean cup and pour about a quarter cup of milk. Then you need to take about 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix it well with the milk.
Finally pour about 2 tablespoon of lime and stir it well, and your moisturizer is ready.Tr this and let me know if it helps you.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hydropeptide range. Boosts firmness from the inside and moisturise the outside.

Or Elemis Pro Collagen, Gel-cream texture, a little goes a long way. No parabens. The company claims it's based on 6 years research and customers swell by it.

Good luck.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers for oily skin that also provides antioxidant protection against signs of aging using vitamins C and E.
ewoods

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's important to use the best quality products for our skin. Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief is amazing. I'm on the 3rd tub right now.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:45 am      Reply with quote
A lot of the LRP Effaclar line contains SLS (a sulphate known to irritate sensitive skin) so I'd advise people to be cautious about using it as I tried it out and it really irritated my skin and so may not be for everyone.

emmaackermann wrote:
La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers for oily skin that also provides antioxidant protection against signs of aging using vitamins C and E.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I've never used anything better than NIA24.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I do like NIA 24 a lot esp for compromised skin. EG Skin Strengthening Complex

I also like Elemis Pro Collagen for deep moisturization all over (face, neck even for me, around the eyes). It's my go-to for after sun care.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |