Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Supplement that really tighten your skin/improve elasticity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hyaluronic Acid has worked for me as a good skin supplement.

Riley have you tried melatonin to help sleep?

Now that is 1 supplement I have not tried and no I haven't tried melatonin. I don't have a problem falling to sleep, but my dogs get me up at 4 and then I can't get back to sleep after that. I also get my 2nd wind at night and stay up until about midnight. So 4 hours isn't much time!

Melatonin works very well for me. I love it. However, if you're going to bed at midnight, you will probably be very groggy if you're up at 4 after taking Melatonin. They say to be sure you can get in 8 hours after taking it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:

Melatonin works very well for me. I love it. However, if you're going to bed at midnight, you will probably be very groggy if you're up at 4 after taking Melatonin. They say to be sure you can get in 8 hours after taking it.

Thank you, beann. I don't want it then, as I can't be groggy. Never know what the dogs will get into outside at that time of night!
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna,

Thanks for the advise. I will definitely add to my diet now zinc and Neptune Artic Krill Oil.
What about Biotin? Should i continue with it?

Answering your question about my diet:
- no, i don't use much salt with my food;
- i don't drink much soda (may be once a week on occasion);
- i stopped putting sugar into my morning coffee few years ago (a sudden change of taste).

I guess my skin problems are not coming from what i do, but from what i am Smile. I'll add now these two supplements you advised and hope for the best.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Melatonin comes in different strengths and some of it time-released. But any sleeping type aid will have an affect if you must be awake and going suddenly. Guess this won't work - sorry Riley -thought it could be a viable option.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Best supplement for skin is Water Drink as much water as much you can.In day minimum you have drink 10 ltr.water to keep your skin nice
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I have a NIGHTMARE staying asleep and falling asleep and for a while the time release Melatonin worked wonders. I read that it's best to take a small amount, similar to what your body produces, otherwise too much keeps you awake and is better for jet-lag.

I've read on a drugbuyers forum that you should rotate certain sleep medications so as not to become addicted but I'm not sure I can advise that in detail here, for obvious reasons, but you will try anything when you're desperate (I know, I've been there). There's some useful sites for chronic insomniacs if you really need help.

If I don't take anything I can be awake all night and physically exhausted the next day!

As I'm sure someone has said before, hormone/thyroid/blood tests with your doctor would be your best first step. If it's more stress-related, CBT or EFT are good methods to read up on (you can get audio books/video clips if you know where to look).

Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon, I wouldn't wish rampant insomnia on anyone!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

This is very interesting!
http://newagegathering.com/News/print/sid=593.html

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Low calorie diet with 90 minutes of cardio everyday will do the trick! You must sweat everyday so that toxins are thrown out and pores are clean in natural way. Also three scoops of protein shake (60 gm). It helps in collagen formation and tightens skin everywhere. No supplement can match the anti-aging effects of doing it the hard way Rolling Eyes. I have been doing it for 3 years now.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I avoid junk food - cookies, cakes, etc. And still have a green smoothie (gigantic one) practically everyday and I think this is a super bonus for the skin.

I also just started taking "The Skin Pill" from Swanson's vitamins.

Remember Jack Lalanne says "Exercise is King and Nutrition is Queen". This goes for the body and the skin.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I have a NIGHTMARE staying asleep and falling asleep and for a while the time release Melatonin worked wonders. I read that it's best to take a small amount, similar to what your body produces, otherwise too much keeps you awake and is better for jet-lag

I buy a vitamin spray called SleapEase, it's homeopathic. It actually works. Supposedly you can even use it for kids but I'm too scared to try lol.
fabulous50

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi there I tried a supplement that worked wonders for me,it really helped my puffy eye bags also. You might want to try it.It's best you stick to fruit based supplements they are safer and work!!!!Its called Berry Capsules.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the thread on things like the
"dermaroller" would be useful. I have been doing this for years and really believe that it is effective. I am just over 60 and my neck is pretty good (very good compared to others my age). It has
improved since I've been rolling using many different roller products.

I do take collagen supplements but do not really know how useful it is.
ml_ja

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Blackberry leaf

Research shows that increases elastin and collagen in the skin.
havana8

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am      Reply with quote
ml_ja wrote:
Blackberry leaf

Adding the link you were posting:

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Formulation-Science/Blackberry-leaf-extract-to-fight-against-wrinkles
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
ml_ja wrote:
Blackberry leaf

Do you think blackberry jam works as well?

Sorry, love blackberries, couldn't resist Wink
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Made me giggle too! Thanks Maggie.
maggie_p wrote:
ml_ja wrote:
Blackberry leaf

Do you think blackberry jam works as well?

Sorry, love blackberries, couldn't resist Wink
beej
5% products discount

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:04 am      Reply with quote
No miracle cures i'm afraid. You have products that may allow the skin to hold a tad more water but nothing blesses you as much as genetics. i.e. You can have a girl who smokes and drinks, but natural brilliant skin genetics will have her looking a LOT better for a lot longer than a person with poor skin genetics who doesn't do both.

I say; water, a great moisturiser and if things are still too bad for you - a touch of botox and fillers (in moderation) if you can afford!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Speaking from personal experience, whilst genetics are a key factor they aren’t the only one. Skincare of good quality can make the world of difference and prevent further damage from occurring as well as repairing damage.
Being in my late 60’s (I’m 70 next year) I like most people my age did the age old thing in my youth of coating myself in oil and sunbathing.

That was prior to us knowing about the damage of UVA and UVB rays – so I had a lot of damage that has been undone through working with a derm for the past 40 years now. It has been hard going at times, but it has been worth it.

Likewise I’m sorry but diet and lifestyle are major factors that are even more damaging than genetics and the good thing is that these can be changed with little effort. A good quality vitamin C serum for example is great for use after exposure to the sun without protection because of its ability to limit the damage of free radicals.

For me, I much rather go natural methods like massage and or exercises. Fillers and botox are still relatively young in terms of things and the long term effects and usage are starting to come to light. Whilst some people can easily afford them, the treatment needs to be done regularly
beej wrote:
No miracle cures i'm afraid. You have products that may allow the skin to hold a tad more water but nothing blesses you as much as genetics. i.e. You can have a girl who smokes and drinks, but natural brilliant skin genetics will have her looking a LOT better for a lot longer than a person with poor skin genetics who doesn't do both.

I say; water, a great moisturiser and if things are still too bad for you - a touch of botox and fillers (in moderation) if you can afford!
EmilyKristina
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I really avoid supplements for my skin due to it's side effects on the body instead I prefer for skin care products which are quite effective in treating any type of skin problems and also have no side effects.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am      Reply with quote
What side effects? I mean even if you eat organically - according to the experts our soils are so depleted in minerals and vitamins that you have to supplement.

Also people like Dr Pericone, and Teresa Tapp who are experts advocate supplementation.
EmilyKristina wrote:
I really avoid supplements for my skin due to it's side effects on the body instead I prefer for skin care products which are quite effective in treating any type of skin problems and also have no side effects.
terraaus
5% products discount

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 am      Reply with quote
HGH supplements and Geroviatal GH3 actually tighten skin, but some people are opposed to taking HGH supplements.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Riley have you tried melatonin to help sleep?

Now that is 1 supplement I have not tried and no I haven't tried melatonin. I don't have a problem falling to sleep, but my dogs get me up at 4 and then I can't get back to sleep after that. I also get my 2nd wind at night and stay up until about midnight. So 4 hours isn't much time!

I find it really helpful to sleep well and have good exercise, another tip is to have a hot bath every day, it helps with blood flow and contribute to overall health.

On top of everything else, protect yourself from the sun!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Actually hot baths are not that great for the skin,
and there is evidence to suggest that it can dry the skin out moreso because it encourages the body to lose moisture. They actually recommend having a warmish bath (think someone said body temperature)
as this doesn't supposedly contract the blood vessels whereas hot water does.
student201516 wrote:
I find it really helpful to sleep well and have good exercise, another tip is to have a hot bath every day, it helps with blood flow and contribute to overall health.

student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Actually hot baths are not that great for the skin,
and there is evidence to suggest that it can dry the skin out moreso because it encourages the body to lose moisture. They actually recommend having a warmish bath (think someone said body temperature)
as this doesn't supposedly contract the blood vessels whereas hot water does.
student201516 wrote:

I guess I meant warm when I said hot!
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Someone suggested a low calorie diet. This is not a good idea for skin. Calorie restriction does have antiaging benefits but the people I know who go this route have very saggy skin. Your skin needs good fat (as does your brain).

I do take ALA and collagen powder. I am in low 60s and have basically no wrinkles just two short lines alongside my mouth I also get a lot of sun. I ascribe my good skin to genetics. My mom had great skin in her 90s. Also I have rotten hair also likely due to genetics.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |