Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

whats the best device for skin tightening ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Rather than recommend those programs, why not try Tom Haggerty'swww.shapeyourface.com first. That's only 5 exercises and works the major muscle groups with resistance without over stressing the skin so it may be better than either of those two. Facercise does have to be done 2x a day but it doesn't take long at all. Maybe 10-15 minutes max and you can do them sitting up or lying down. I used to do parts of hers whilst brushing my teeth in the morning (well just after I had done them in the bathroom mirror I would do the exercises that worked for me).
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
I am going back and forth between Carolyn's Facial Fitness and Carole Maggio's Facercise. They both have wonderful and extensive reviews. Carolyn is known for her great customer service, but there are a lot of exercises to learn. A plus is that Carolyn's program can be done 3-5 days a week. Carole Maggio's program seems easier to master. I like that you can do the exercises in the car, but I don't like that you have to do them 2x a day. So, I am going back and forth. My biggest pet peeve is vertical lip lines. Because I just can't decide between the two programs, I am reading reviews about how successful their upper lip exercises are at fading or eliminating perioral lines and will probably choose the program that best addresses them. I emailed Carolyn and she claims that it takes a lonnng time, but her program does eliminate them. So that is where I am at right now. I also used the $$ I received from the sale of my Baby Quasar to purchase a Derminator. I have not used it yet, put I am planning to start next week. So, if you have any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:15 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, sorry I wrote you a book. It's really nice of you to recommend Tom Haggerty's program. I am going to take your advice and try it! It sounds gentle which is probably best for me right now. I just wish I could get my skin back to being non-sensitive so that I could do things like peels, laser treatments, etc. I really fried my face and it took months and months to recover. I never thought the "leather" on my forehead would go away and I still have melasma under my eyes and on my cheeks that was not there before I fried myself. But, I am grateful that I was able to work Retin A and Vitamin C back into my routine. For months it was only coconut oil to wash and moisturize. Anything else caused a flare up. Thank you again. I appreciate it.
suziq

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, bugaboo, Yes, I have. My underarm loose skin is too voluminous for fascia blaster. Rolling Eyes Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I think you dodged a bullet by not using the fascia blaster. It has caused all the loss of volume in my batwings! It has also caused a previously quiet thyroid problem to go hyperactive and now requires surgery. I'm totally against fascia blaster usage!
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Try bioidentical progesterone cream for hormone balance, it works great, for joint pain wrinkles and weightgain. It takes time to stabilise but really worth it.only one drop a day, no more.

cherry
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:16 am      Reply with quote
MaryTheresa - I haven't been on here in almost a month, but I did want to update. I have been using Tom Haggerty's Shape Your Face and I like it! Probably because only 6 exercises! And, I can actually move my ears back (just a tad) when doing the scalp exercise. This exercise is a double home-run for me because it stimulates hair growth and I have certainly lost my share of hair. Thank you for recommending it. So far, so good.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is good. I don't always have time to do my mix and match of exercises but still go back to his and purchased the dvd of his showing the exercises as I'm a visual learner and that too is great. Plus he still mans his own forum too which I think is important.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
MaryTheresa - I haven't been on here in almost a month, but I did want to update. I have been using Tom Haggerty's Shape Your Face and I like it! Probably because only 6 exercises! And, I can actually move my ears back (just a tad) when doing the scalp exercise. This exercise is a double home-run for me because it stimulates hair growth and I have certainly lost my share of hair. Thank you for recommending it. So far, so good.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love his program. I purchased the video and booklet too. (I am a firm believer that people should be paid for their work). It is, however, very generous of him to provide so much free info online. These exercises are easier for me to remember since there are only 6.
I like the fact that you can do some of them when driving (or doing just about anything else).
It took me two days to have the exercises committed to memory. I still require a mirror for one of the exercises and I'm not quite sure about my form on another (tongue on roof of mouth). Basically I think they are fun to do so I don't mind at all. I especially like the scalp exercise because it is challenging! Last but not least, I like Tom (in his video). He seems like a very sincere guy and he looks great!! I believe I can stick with this one. So, TM, thank you again for introducing me to it. Now if it just works for me!

TheresaMary wrote:
Yes it is good. I don't always have time to do my mix and match of exercises but still go back to his and purchased the dvd of his showing the exercises as I'm a visual learner and that too is great. Plus he still mans his own forum too which I think is important.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Chery, is the bioidentical progesterone cream for hormone balance over the counter?
If so, is there one you recommend?

5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary , "I have incorporated some lower face exercises from other programs and that works well for me." Could you please tell me which programs did you incorporate? Thank you.
TheresaMary wrote:
From memory you were doing Ageless right - well I think I shared with you when I did just Ageless my lower face didn't look as good so I have incorporated some lower face exercises from other programs and that works well for me. However I did give it a go - and tried it for a few months without doing other programs, but I like mixing and matching exercises so that works well for me.

With Tripollar - most people I know who purchased it initially - none are still using it. Some even went on to using Lightstim in its place and said that was better even though it is not the same kind of device.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
I have been considering trying out another facial exercise program. I did not get good results with the program I have been using. Should I forgo the facial exercises and invest in a TriPollar Stop device? I need some serious lifting in my jawline, cheeks and neck. Tripollar is not cheap, so I will of course research it and go from there, but I would love some opinions from members who have tried it.
londonista
5% products discount

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I had a MACS facelift in Belgium (along with an upper eyelift & fat transfer) & got FANTASTIC results. Basically I got my face back. Im just so pleased I didnt faff around with home devices or expensive treatments but of course the results were so good people noticed & were curious as to what I had done but were too polite to ask. If they had I would have said laser & a bit of filler.

The MACS only did my mid/lower face & neck but I looked 10 years younger, & 4 years later some of the fat has gone but it still looks great. Worth every penny, & not that much down time - 2 weeks or so. Easy to book as a holiday, come back with a tan & new haircut.

Or get the facelift, then a few weeks later get the filers (fat has about a week down time). Id recommend the MAC because it does the neck under the chin too & has a much shorter scar/is less invasive than a traditional facelift.

Non surgical skin tightening is the holy grail of cosmetic medicine, but it just isnt the same as surgery. Ive just had a HIFU facelift & am having 2 sessions of radiotherapy & I got the doctor to show me using his fingers to pull my skin up how much it would lift & it was good but nothing like the facelift. About 1/4 of a cm. Good for me, but had I done that 4 years ago instead I would have been VERY disappointed.

Ive done SO much research on this & CO2 Fraxel looks promising (had the Smartxide, it did nothing), HIFU/ultherapy combined with STRONG radiotherapy may also provide some results (various weaker radiotherapies on my legs did nothing). But all of these treatements are temporary - so you have to go back every year or less to keep the results. Thats a LOT of time & money.

Seriously, a short scar/minimally invasive/MACs lift combined with fat transfer/a deep fraxel peel/a deepish TCA peel (which you can do at home - but doesnt firm skin) & youre sorted.

For the lady with the arms - apparently the muscles 'detach' themselves from the bones hence saggy arms, saggy bottoms etc. Im going to do the HIFU & radiotherapy on my legs & in 3-6 weeks will know if the radiotherapy has done anything, & in 12-16 weeks will know if the HIFU has. Also getting back into excercise as it is apparently a key part. Most of the regular exercisers I know have firm skin (except the runners who lose it from their faces).

Ive tried exercises, IPL, other lasers & nothing. To get skin firming you have to go really deep & if you dont do it right you lose fat. Exercises seem to be risky as bits of your face you dont want built up get bigger. IMHO of course!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:08 am      Reply with quote
It wouldn't help you because (a) we are both different and (b) I'm nearly 70 years old. So my needs are way different than yours.

I incorporate exercises from Facercise, Facial Magic, Eva Fraser, Tom Haggerty's, Deborah Crowleys plus a few others. I came to facial exercises in my 50's after rapid weight loss and I had dreaded sagging big time. So my needs were different than yours. To go into detail wouldn't help you much because your face is different to mine and what works for me doesn't work for others. You have to look objectively at it, what do you want to improve, whats already good and then start incorporating things in. In the beginning I followed several programs to the letter for a period of time, but found that whilst these worked for the authors, my face needed more.

ko6kin. wrote:
TheresaMary , "I have incorporated some lower face exercises from other programs and that works well for me." Could you please tell me which programs did you incorporate? Thank you.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great post here this is really very important topic..
dey_akash13

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard about a treatment called Accent Prime by Alma? I heard it from my doctor. The results were mind-blowing. I never thought my loose skin would ever be this good. In fact, Accent Prime offers customized treatments for a wide range of indications including body contouring, face contouring, skin tightening, cellulite, etc. with 9 distinct technologies and 11 interchangeable handpieces. It offers maximum flexibility and versatility.

The best thing about this treatment is its significantly reduced treatment time. It took me less than 30 minutes for the treatment. I highly recommend this treatment to everyone who is feeling insecure in their skin. We all deserve to feel confident in our skin. Go for it!
dennisleon

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lucere offers the best non-invasive Thermage skin tightening treatment in Edmonton. Lucere Skin Tightening works to regenerate collagen and elastin production. This helps achieve more tightness and firmness for your skin.
smith_jhonsan

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:44 am      Reply with quote
When we don't exercise on a daily basis, our skin loosens, droops, and sags. Then we look at someone else in a new way. There is just one answer to this situation. Skin Tightening is the most effective way to stop our bodies from losing skin. The Venus Versa is the most effective skin tightening device. This gadget uses non-invasive therapy to help reduce loose skin from the body.
MichalMad

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:49 am      Reply with quote
looking for one as well...
ScooterWoman9988

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
All of the non invasive treatments like Ulthera and Thermage are a crapshoot. They may, or may not, work but one thing is for sure. They're expensive and who wants to spend thousands with no guarantee of results? I say bite the bullet and go under the knife.
ScooterWoman9988

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
londonista wrote:
For the lady with the arms - apparently the muscles 'detach' themselves from the bones hence saggy arms, saggy bottoms etc.

"Batwing" arms are caused by excess fat, loss of muscle tone, loss of skin elasticity, or a combination of the above. A younger person with good skin tone whose batwings are caused by excess fat can try something like Coolsculpting but older women whose skin won't snap back (or a younger person whose rapid weight loss left a lot of excess loose skin) would need a brachioplasty (arm lift).
Emosc

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried radio frequency?

Hi everyone I’m here to share my skin care experiences and to learn from you also. I’m a huge fan of at home devices as well as in office treatments. Let’s share our knowledge and experiences to help each other out.
Yaroslav Fadeev

Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Retinol + Vitamin C + Foreo = magic Very Happy
Boaz_000

Tue May 31, 2022 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think it will be a better option to visit the nearest salon. To see the nearest salon around your area you can see salonrates
You can D-tan your face or simply get washed.
The best is to visit the doctor because they will check your skin type and give the product that suits your skin.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Yaroslav Fadeev wrote:
Retinol + Vitamin C + Foreo = magic Very Happy

Foreo?
Scully

Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 am      Reply with quote
[quote="DebM"][quote="Yaroslav Fadeev"]Retinol + Vitamin C + Foreo = magic :D[/quote]

Foreo?[/quote]

They're talking about the Foreo Bear and/or the Foreo Bear mini microcurrent devices. You can see them at Foreo[dot]com.

Instead of paying the ridiculous prices for them that Foreo charges, you can find both from various sellers on eBay for much less.

They're not replacements for a professional microcurrent treatment, but they will allow you to maintain the results you get with a professional treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |