Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Exercises to thin Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, how are you all?

I've heard of exercises to slim your face and make it appear thinner, one of them is the face thinner in facercise, is this the best exercise for slimming down your face, or would exercises from ageless if you dare be better (or should use do both)?

And if you know of any face slimming exercise programs from which you've received good results, please let me know!

Thank you!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 am      Reply with quote
I think what you are describing as exercises for sliming the face is a bit of a strange subject that has a lot of different opinions out there.

Whilst I do some of Facercise exercises along with others, I have often queried where the proof is for exercises like Face Slimmer/Face Widener or Nose Shortener. I mean if they do these things then in my mind it would be useful to have actual photographical evidence that these exercises can do that. For both widener and slimmer from what I saw there was very little resistence involved and it all seemed to be about the mind imaging things. I felt it was a bit like the "Emperor's New Clothes" story.

Now what I have read from various people over the last few years is that sometimes their faces slim when they started dieting too at the same time. I'm not any expert at all - and so would advise you to speak to the experts on this but I'm guessing that if you started reducing calories maybe this will impact your face at the same time as that.

I also know many people have reported slimming their faces through things like Tanaka massage.

essentialdayspabro wrote:
Hey guys, how are you all?

I've heard of exercises to slim your face and make it appear thinner, one of them is the face thinner in facercise, is this the best exercise for slimming down your face, or would exercises from ageless if you dare be better (or should use do both)?

And if you know of any face slimming exercise programs from which you've received good results, please let me know!

Thank you!
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Is there any text instructions or books on how to do the tanaka massage? I see there's videos but a written guide would be handier
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:57 am      Reply with quote
There isn't to my knowledge. The video that is in English was originally Chinese I believe, and the author's books are mostly Chinese I believe. That video that is in English on youtube was translated by someone but there are different things for different people. Not knowing how old you are, or what your issues are (other than the ones you have written separate posts about) its difficult to make a recommendation as to what will work best for you - and that's all that really people can do is share their experience and let you decide what to try. Some people swear by Facercise, but I'm not one of them I have to confess upfront yet I still do her nose exercises for fear that they do something.

Previously you mentioned your eyes, and now you are talking about slimming your face - it may be worth while exploring why you are so critical about your face too. I see so many young people really lay so much about themselves online that its scary and then end up doing silly things like using Retin A (before they need to), dermarolling etc and really doing themselves and their faces an injustice.

I'm guessing you are young, so would instead recommend you get actual advice from Carole Maggio as to if her program can help with your concerns and also the other programs out there like Tom Haggerty (shapeyourface.com) etc.
essentialdayspabro wrote:
Is there any text instructions or books on how to do the tanaka massage? I see there's videos but a written guide would be handier
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Can somebody please explain to me the difference between Facercise exercises for Jaw Straightener/Face Slimmer/Face Widener?
As far as I can see on the DVD, face is doing the same thing and you wave your hands in different ways in all 3 so I can't really figure out what is that about?

Am I missing something?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Jaw Strengthener is a separate issue but I will tackle that after explaining the first two.

Face Slimmer and Widener look similar but the actual main part I understand is to feel the burn in the places that Carole advises you to do the movement with the hands. So for example Slimmer, you should feel it at the sides of the face, whereas with widener you should feel it in the cheeks etc. Those two are about the energy moreso than actually seeing movement. I have to confess whilst I did them religiously I didn’t always feel the energy so quickly disbursed with them for that reason.

Jaw Strengthener is actually moving the jaw (opening and closing) whilst again feeling the energy. If you are into energy type movements then Facercise is great, but I struggle with them and if I can’t see things moving or doing anything I tend to drop them quickly.

maggie_p wrote:
Can somebody please explain to me the difference between Facercise exercises for Jaw Straightener/Face Slimmer/Face Widener?
As far as I can see on the DVD, face is doing the same thing and you wave your hands in different ways in all 3 so I can't really figure out what is that about?

Am I missing something?
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

I think that this means one should concentrate on either pushing cheeks out or trying to elongate them... That is the only way I can figure that it can work...
I found another post on this forum about nasolabial exercise, and the author had additional explanation from Carole that only energy should be moving, not the muscle contraction, and like that the author got very good results. Meaning my first understanding could be wrong.

I guess energy moving is not really my thing, and I should really move on to something I can do Smile

Thank you again for taking the time to reply!
crystalrichardson

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
It is very good exercise to slim your face fat. I am glad to join this conversation. I got the tips for reducing the fat from the face as early as possible. Please people recommend some more exercise to reduce body fat. Because, before my wedding I have to lose my belly fat. I am wearing a beautiful white plus size dress which has to suit me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:07 am      Reply with quote
For body fat, diet and cardio are the only way forward... I can recommend Jillian Michaels DVDs, for example 30 day shred. In only 25 minutes per day you can really quickly progress...
For decreasing the size quickly (not the same as losing fat but impacts the fit of the dress), Callanetics is brilliant. It is not cardio, the DVDs are very old fashioned but it works quickly and is low impact. There is a DVD for Stomach, Hips and Behind and Legs, 3 20 minutes programs that you can mix and match Smile

Good luck with your wedding!
Don't overdo things and keep in mind that the most important thing is to enjoy that day as much as possible Smile

crystalrichardson wrote:
It is very good exercise to slim your face fat. I am glad to join this conversation. I got the tips for reducing the fat from the face as early as possible. Please people recommend some more exercise to reduce body fat. Because, before my wedding I have to lose my belly fat. I am wearing a beautiful white plus size dress which has to suit me.
shooterfish
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I really appreciate the topic. I'm also thinking of some exercises because I do have a big face and I simply want to make it thinner. Actually, since Yoga has been trending these days, I'm trying some simple exercises that I just found out online. I hope, it will work on you too. Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I think there is a few things worth mentioning here. Firstly do a complete program. Not just exercises you think are for a problem area. Often times it leads to bad results because the exercises do work and then the area you are exercising looks big and plump in comparison with areas you haven’t exercised.

Secondly go for a complete program – don’t try and figure it out yourself unless you are willing to change things when they happen. I’ve seen people doing lots of free exercises and then cry and whinge about it ruining their faces – simply because they were too lazy to research things. It comes back to haunt you!
tamaray

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice quality feels great in face.Gives excellent shape and edge to face.Excercise with face thin tool.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Tamaray - what is face thin tool?
tamaray wrote:
Very nice quality feels great in face.Gives excellent shape and edge to face.Excercise with face thin tool.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Eds bro and everyone.

I can guarantee that the Crush exercise from the Ageless programme makes the face thinner and more sculpted. In fact I've been obliged to take it out of the programme because the results are so dramatic.

You don't need to buy the whole programme, I'll put the crush exercise on the website asap. Glad it can be recycled! When you get older and your face starts to need a lift, remember how well crush worked 😎

Loulou

5% products discount

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I used to do this jaw movement exercise. I can say it works to an extent. While sitting straight, make your lower jaw drop down as much as possible. Next step is to jut out the lower jaw, to build tension in the cheeks near the ear area. Feel the tension for about ten seconds before relaxing the jaw, and bringing it inwards.
Dana_D
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, the only "exercise" to slim your face is actual exercise and less calories. You can't target specific parts of your body when it comes to losing weight, it's all part of the same. Try losing a few pounds and you'll notice the difference.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I beg to differ with you - yes you can.
When you know your body type, there are a range of workouts out there like T-tapp for example that does just that!
Dana_D wrote:
In my opinion, the only "exercise" to slim your face is actual exercise and less calories. You can't target specific parts of your body when it comes to losing weight, it's all part of the same. Try losing a few pounds and you'll notice the difference.
krishten001

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all. Thanks you for posting this. It's very helpful.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this post, Your post has been a source of great tips...
Richa94
5% products discount

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Face get fatter due to several reasons such as excess weight gain or genetic, but you can actually get rid of this face muscle by doing certain exercises such as Fish Face, blowing air, locked tongue pose, cheek uplift, chin uplift or lion pose this technique will definitely help you to get the better result.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 am      Reply with quote
The Lion Pose to thin the face - sorry you obviously go to a strange yoga school if thats what they are telling you because the Lion Pose adds to the face and strengthens it - not thins it. Fish face will shape the face, and likewise so will the uplifts too. Thats not what the original poster was asking - they want to know specific exercises to thin the face. None of the ones you mention will do so.

Richa94 wrote:
Face get fatter due to several reasons such as excess weight gain or genetic, but you can actually get rid of this face muscle by doing certain exercises such as Fish Face, blowing air, locked tongue pose, cheek uplift, chin uplift or lion pose this technique will definitely help you to get the better result.
Richa94
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:31 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
The Lion Pose to thin the face - sorry you obviously go to a strange yoga school if thats what they are telling you because the Lion Pose adds to the face and strengthens it - not thins it. Fish face will shape the face, and likewise so will the uplifts too. Thats not what the original poster was asking - they want to know specific exercises to thin the face. None of the ones you mention will do so.

Richa94 wrote:

Thank you Theresa Mary for explaining it in better way. The Poses I mentioned here help in reducing excess face fat thereby thinning the face automatically. However I am thankful to you for explaining the result of these poses in detail. Much appreciated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey TheresaMary,
Your post are very informative thanks for sharing your information with us.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 am      Reply with quote
The poses may help to reduce excess fat, but they can also bulk up some faces quite rapidly. I have seen people with thin and square faces create entirely different looks facially through yoga alone (and not strictly Facial Yoga but in doing body postures where sometimes the teacher has you do expressions etc). Its all valuable and worth trying out. I’m sharing just for htose out there that are wondering about these things. I know in the early days of my yoga practice, I found it a whole new world of information and there is a lot of detailed information out there.
Richa94 wrote:
Thank you Theresa Mary for explaining it in better way. The Poses I mentioned here help in reducing excess face fat thereby thinning the face automatically. However I am thankful to you for explaining the result of these poses in detail. Much appreciated.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 am      Reply with quote
No problem, you are very welcome.
Thats why this forum is here, for us all to share information. I have learned loads of things from others so hoping I can do the same.
sunsoutbeauty wrote:
Hey TheresaMary,
Your post are very informative thanks for sharing your information with us.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |