Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Beauty Bag for Dry Skin (5 items) PRIORIģ Advanced AHA Perfection Facial Gel (30 ml / 1 oz) IS Clinical Youth Intensive Creme (50 g / 1.7 oz)
The Derminator

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
londonista
5% products discount

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I ordered your derminator yesterday and it arrives on Thursday! Very excited! Thank you for mentioning it on here scarredbyacne! Im going to use it on my hands, neck & chest & lower legs for skin quality & hopefully some thickening & reduction of age spots/red marks/small scars.

Id also love to use it all around my eyes for crepey skin but so far have only read that it cant be used on upper eyelids. Any thoughts anyone? Im looking at the 'Madonna eye lift' which is just a fraxel CO2 laser all around eyes (right down to the lash line) but surely the dermapen is doing much the same thing (only much slower)?

I really dont want to lose any fat & would love to thicken up the skin there as thats part of the problem. I know there was a post from a chap that got rid of under eye bags by rolling but I already have hollow eyes!
glamgirlajjk

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am going to try to get a regular monthly session in now that summer is coming to an end.
Any one have any updates or any new products they are using with the derminator ?
foxy1

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
To Fawnie,

Quote:
To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it.

Regarding the hyaluronic acid comment, have you read this interesting and scientific other side of the HMW vs LMW debate
by Drs. John and George: apparently I can't link to it even though I've been registered here for ages, but no worries, it's on the barefacedtruth website dated 3/31/2015 and is entitled "hyaluronic acid yes size does matter".

Would love to hear your views Fawnie. Smile
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this device around the eye area?

From what I understand you can needle under your eyes up to where the bone under your eye is.

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can-i-use-a-dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eye-%28pic-included%29/

Thank you Very Happy
havana8

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxy1 wrote:
To Fawnie,

Quote:
To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it.

Regarding the hyaluronic acid comment, have you read this interesting and scientific other side of the HMW vs LMW debate
by Drs. John and George: apparently I can't link to it even though I've been registered here for ages, but no worries, it's on the barefacedtruth website dated 3/31/2015 and is entitled "hyaluronic acid yes size does matter".

Would love to hear your views Fawnie. Smile

I believe this is the link you were referring to: http://bft.wpengine.com/2015/03/31/hyaluronic-acid-yes-size-does-matter/

ps once you hit 10 posts you should be able to post links Smile
foxy1

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8,
yes that is the article I was referring to on barefacedtruth.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I have a Derminator and used it a few times over last two years until switching over to professional micro pen sessions this year. Iíve had three professional sessions in the last nine months. Iím currently two weeks out from my last session. My skin looks pretty bad. Iíve lost a lot of volume in my face that I didnít really notice before. Lines still there and my NLís are probably worse even though I spot treat them with the Derminator single pen needle on occasion.

Has anyone experienced negative effects from micro needling or micro pen? I was on realself.com and there are actually quite a few negative reviews with people claiming that micro pens/microneedles caused a loss in fat/volume and an increase in wrinkles. I did a lot of research before I started using the Derminator and having these professional sessions, and I didnít think it was possible for them to actually cause volume loss and worsen wrinkles. Any thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 am      Reply with quote
No, I do not have fat loss; on the contrary, I find that it has plumped up my cheek and filled up my NL fold.

I have been dermarolling for 4 years. In the last two years, I used Derminator together with rollers.
glamgirlajjk

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have not experienced volume loss from microneedling but I do notice that my skin goes through a "haggard"(dry and lackluster) phase like a week or two after. But its temporary and the results are worth it.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...I've been out of this board for years. I was thinking about getting this done at the docs office, youtubed it and came upon the device as home use.

First, I've googled microneedling..i prevously years ago owned a dermaroller but never really used it, but figured being in my mid 30's now I should get serious about it. Scary thing is, I read a lot of people posting things about how it damaged and ruined their skin. This terrifies me. they speak of the skin looking worse, less elasticity, pore are bigger. How does this happen to some? I want to first let the doctor do it but I'm so scared I'll be that small population of people where it destroys it.

Anyone else read stories like that? This was on Realself of people who have left reviews and pictures of their procedures.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! That was exactly what I was referring to in my post on this thread in early Decemberóhow is this happening? I contacted OwnDoc for their opinion and Sarah V said all other micropen or needle devices are inferior and cause damage. I believe their product- the Derminator-is really great but I canít believe that the machines at plastic surgeons offices are crappy. I mean buying products made from China off eBay, this I understand but the several thousand dollar professional machines...doesnít seem as likely to be the culprit. Would be interesting to see how many people on this forum have had bad results from microneedling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have done DIY dermarolling for 9 years 4-6 times a year with a 1.5 mm and more recently a 2.0 mm. It's intense. I educated myself and proceeded with caution. I adore DR. For me, it increased skin thickness and reduced hyperpigmentation. It takes at least 3 months to notice results. It may take a year to see full results. I believe that a persons health and lifestyle directly correlate with healing from any skin care treatment. Without the proper nutrition, inside and out, and circulation, the body may recover quite slowly.

Initially after a DR, my skin is lax, pores enlarged and everything looks worse for a couple of days. I do an intense roll on a Friday night and don't leave the house until I go to work on Monday morning. Nobody says anything and they probably don't notice anything, but I know that I am inflamed and recovering for the rest of the week. After one week, I am fully healed.

I adore DR. The concept makes sense to me and for me, results have been fantastic.

If you would like to see how it works for me, check out the article that I wrote on my skin care routine. It includes photos.

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/10/17/therambobarbieruggedroutineforskincare

Take a slow approach until you feel comfortable. Check out Dr. Desmond Fernandes, he invented DR and has oodles and oodles of before and after photos on the internet. Plus, he is in his 70's and is quite handsome and youthful. Ha, obviously I think the world of Dr. D.

HGG

59 in 2/2018. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 am      Reply with quote
yes, that all makes sense to me-- I have been thinking about this in the last couple months and I believe it is still overall a positive treatment with varying "ugly" healing periods.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the concept of dermarolling, makes sense to me. I use the derminator every 6 weeks or so, at a depth of 1.5 to 2.00 depending how I feel. I only use hylauronic acid afterwards as well as Infadolan at bedtime, as I once had a had reaction to other stuff so I try to keep it simple. I think the main thing is to be patient, progress is slow, but it is sill there. I started in 2015 and I do have good results, and that is not bad as I am 70. I've just ordered a dermastamp from Owndoc as I want to up the work on my lip lines. Already they are less pronounced from work so far, but I am going to increase it with the dermastamp between
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Was wondering what results do you all see from using derminator/dermaroller, what exactly has happened to your skin since you've started to use them?
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I posted a new topic that provides a link to my review of the Derminator 2. I have dermarolled going on ten years, nine-years using a dermaroller and this year using Derminators 1 and 2.

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/review-derminator-2-microneedle-device-from-vaughter-wellness

Unless your lifestyle or health compromise healing after microneedling you will definitely experience increased skin thickness and minimize or eliminate wrinkles, fine lines and scars.

Want super healthy skin? IMHO start with a healthy lifestyle to promote good healing, begin a facial exercise practice to keep muscles strong to support overlying skin and use micro needling treatments for skin rejuvenation. Use carrier oils, essential oils, active ingredients, nutrients, acids, and peptides to make skin glow.

Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation bonus for us DIYers.

Take good care of yourself!
HGG

59 in 2/2018. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
System
Automatic Message
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Suki Moisture-rich Brightening Masque (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Beauty Bag for Dry Skin (5 items) Anthony Logistics No Sweat Body Defense (90 ml / 3 floz)