Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
can I do LED after micro needling with PRP?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
We3monkeys

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
oh man, I had a post here just now, first one and now its gone? did it get deleted? I didn't think I posted anything questionable? if so can someone message me with my infraction so I don't violate the TOS anymore? thank you.

anyway, i will try one more time....

the basic gist of my post was I am going to order the ibeautypen2 from ibeautymachince. and want to incorporate PRP with it. (I do my own PRP for hair restoration on myself - legit by the way - have working knowledge of it as I'm an ARNP).

I was looking the lux mask and wondering if it was ok to use LED after a micro needling treatment.

and any negative reviews of these two devices? the mask or needle machine?
havana8

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
We3monkeys wrote:
Hi all, first post. wow, this forum is fantastic. I have been reading for the last 3 days.

Question, I do my own PRP at home for hair restoration. fantastic results by the way. (I'm an advanced registered nurse practitioner and have in-office PRP experience).

I have finally settled on ordering the ibeautymachine micro needling device (ibeautypen 2) and want to topically apply the PRP and then micro needle it into my face, neck, etc. I'm wondering if you can use the LED face mask right after the micro needle treatment? The Cyan light is supposed to have an anti-inflammatory effect, but it is my understanding that with PRP you want the inflammation. hence why you aren't supposed to use NSAIDs afterwards. The inflammatory response is supposed to be beneficial in the activation and healing properties of the PRP. I don't want to negate the PRP effects.

My thought is, do the PRP micro needling, then apply a hydrating face mask then after do LED therapy, and then if any PRP left smear that around my face and then let it sit for the rest of the day. Have read not to wash face for several hours after the PRP.

thoughts on this?

also, could I apply both an HA gel and PRP at the same time for the micro needling?

thank you and glad to be a new member! hope to contribute more and be active here. Lord knows there is a lot of information here! I hope to look 19 again by next year. hahaha

edited to add: I'm looking at the lux mask on ibeautymachine. reviews? for that matter, thoughts on the ibeautypen 2?)

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/product/led-phototherapy/led-facial-mask.html

this is the LED mask i'm considering. not sure if the more expensive one is worth it.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/motorized-micro-needle-system-12-needle-rechargeable.html

this is the micro needle machine link..

It looks as if your post was quarantined as it contained links which new members aren't permitted to include until they reach 10 posts. In the meantime, I'll copy your original post above. HTHs and welcome to the forum. Smile
We3monkeys

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
oh thank you! yes, I saw the link issue when i went to edit my post. then it disappeared. well, ok awesome, so, for the folks that are reading this, see the reply above for my initial post. would love to get some feed back.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Yes, I have used LED immediately after dermarolling from about 2009 to present and I love the results. Which take time to see. Today I enjoy my skin because of all those long ago treatments Smile

I purchased a red/infrared light from Rita at ProLight and Rita prescribed a routine based on my skin type. I have olive skin that is difficult to penetrate. Rita recommended that after I derma roll, I use the LED because the openings created by the dermaroll would allow the LED to penetrate further. Some folks say that the anti-inflammatory effects of the LED are counter-intuitive to allowing the inflammation from the dermaroll to persist for maximum collagen production. However, LED also promotes collagen, so based on that, I do LED after dermaroll.

I published an article on LED benefits and use that you may be interested in. I love LED so much that I've gone bigger.

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/01/17/increase-collagen-reduce-wrinkles-reduce-pain-and-detox-with-light-emitting-diodes-led

Best

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that is the perfect time to do it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, definitely.

Use Red or Yellow lights

If your machine does not give you choices, then just Red will do the job.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |