Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for dry skin? My skin is super dry and the texture is rough but only on my cheeks! I also have hyper pigment issues in the same area. Trying to stay away from the Dr.'s and have seen a couple aestheticians and tried some modalities that have made it worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 am      Reply with quote
4everYoungLV wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for dry skin? My skin is super dry and the texture is rough but only on my cheeks! I also have hyper pigment issues in the same area. Trying to stay away from the Dr.'s and have seen a couple aestheticians and tried some modalities that have made it worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

My skin tends to feel dry during the winter due to the central heating in our homes here in the UK. I've been applying Vit E oil after applying my normal Monsia day moisturizer and I have found that this locks in the moisture and I did it at night after applying my night moisturizer. Try it, might help you. I bought the Vit E oil off amazon.co.uk but you might be able to get it in health food stores in the US.
cafesemon

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 am      Reply with quote
You Need

1 3 to 4 Almonds
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 Tbsp of Thick Milk
Soak the almonds in water overnight.In the morning remove the brown cover and grind it with milk and melted butter.Simply apply this smooth paste and scrub off once it dries completely.It softens dry, aging lines and wrinkles, gives an amazing fairness, radiance, and smoothness.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Aloe Vera Gel. I was told to use this for radiation burn. I could not believe how soothing and healing!

Buy:

'Fruit of the Earth' 100% Aloe Gel Absolutely nothing added. It's extremely healing and also forms a barrier to keep moisture in. Ya gotta know... if it grows in the desert... it's there for a reason!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
cafesemon wrote:
You Need

1 3 to 4 Almonds
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 Tbsp of Thick Milk
Soak the almonds in water overnight.In the morning remove the brown cover and grind it with milk and melted butter.Simply apply this smooth paste and scrub off once it dries completely.It softens dry, aging lines and wrinkles, gives an amazing fairness, radiance, and smoothness.

This sounds amazing! Love at home masks, will definitely try this. Thanks!
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lin1313 wrote:
4everYoungLV wrote:

My skin tends to feel dry during the winter due to the central heating in our homes here in the UK. I've been applying Vit E oil after applying my normal Monsia day moisturizer and I have found that this locks in the moisture and I did it at night after applying my night moisturizer. Try it, might help you. I bought the Vit E oil off amazon.co.uk but you might be able to get it in health food stores in the US.

I am taking a vitamin E supplement. I'll look on amazon for a topical format. Thanks for the input! I live in the desert so it is always so dry here, which doesn't help. I'm willing to try anything and everything!
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
I highly recommend Aloe Vera Gel. I was told to use this for radiation burn. I could not believe how soothing and healing!

Buy:

'Fruit of the Earth' 100% Aloe Gel Absolutely nothing added. It's extremely healing and also forms a barrier to keep moisture in. Ya gotta know... if it grows in the desert... it's there for a reason!

Good point! I have an Aloe Vera Gel and didn't think about using this. I'll give it try. Thanks!
shabdli
5% products discount

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 am      Reply with quote
hello,

Adjacent product you need to understand what are the trigger elements for getting dry skin, how to formulate your skincare regime, and are there any home remedies for dry skin?

- Skin hydrating body moisturizer normal dry skin from Oriflame. it leaves my skin smooth and silky for quite a while.

Try it,
juliafreitaslove

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 am      Reply with quote
The first thing while recommending any product is to be aware by how much you are willing to pay for a product? AVEENO is the registered Dermexa Moisturising Cream. This unique lotion helps you fight against the dry and itchy skin. You can easily find this product on these online stores Coles, WoolWorths, EPharmacy, PriceLine, ChemMart, ChemistDirect, PharmacyDirect
In case you are the resident of Australia and want to purchase this product physically then you can visit these stores
Target, BigW, IGA, KMart and Blooms
Nikkol
5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just signed up today. I hope I am asking my question in the appropriate place. I started using Retin A exactly two week ago, today. The first week was very ok but I noticed some shiny patches which dissipated a few days after. However. by the second week my skin seem to have a coating of scaliness or rashiness on the cheek area. I would use ACV mixed with glycerin and rosewater both morning and evening. In the evening I would wash off the ACV before applying my Retin A. I would leave for an hour then apply Ambi fade cream with Alpha hydroxy acid. Today I have decided to stop using the ACV and Ambi as I feel these products may have contributed to the coating of scaliness/rashiness. I am hoping for a successful Retin A experience so I am trying my utmost to eliminate anything that may interfere with its progress. Any advice on how I should be using Retin A and what may have caused the 'coating' and how to remove same will be appreciated
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Nikkol wrote:
I just signed up today. I hope I am asking my question in the appropriate place. I started using Retin A exactly two week ago, today. The first week was very ok but I noticed some shiny patches which dissipated a few days after. However. by the second week my skin seem to have a coating of scaliness or rashiness on the cheek area. I would use ACV mixed with glycerin and rosewater both morning and evening. In the evening I would wash off the ACV before applying my Retin A. I would leave for an hour then apply Ambi fade cream with Alpha hydroxy acid. Today I have decided to stop using the ACV and Ambi as I feel these products may have contributed to the coating of scaliness/rashiness. I am hoping for a successful Retin A experience so I am trying my utmost to eliminate anything that may interfere with its progress. Any advice on how I should be using Retin A and what may have caused the 'coating' and how to remove same will be appreciated

I think this question is in the wrong thread but maybe the mods will move it if needed.

Retin A - which strength and how often? And regardless of strength, you must wait 20-30 minutes for your skin to completely dry after toner before applying Retin A.

ACV is extremely harsh unless it is very diluted. AHA on top of Retin A is also very harsh and some believe that the two actives cannot be used together because the AHA will deactivate the Retin-A. I believe used together can be irritating and disrupt the skin barrier, which sounds like your "coating."

The ACV toner with glycerin will dry out your skin unless you are applying a moisturizer on top as glycerin pulls moisture either from your skin or a moisturizer.

There are many excellent threads on this board by very knowledgeable contributors on how to use Retin A, AHA, and layering actives - do a search and you can read in depth about these topics.

In the meantime, stop the actives for a few days to a week so your skin barrier can heal and then start off slowly with the AHA in the morning and Retin-A at night 1-3 times a week. If dry, then moisturize well, ideally half an hour or more after you applied Retin A. I would drop the ACV and get a gentle toner.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Nikkol
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Nikkol wrote:

I think this question is in the wrong thread but maybe the mods will move it if needed.

Retin A - which strength and how often? And regardless of strength, you must wait 20-30 minutes for your skin to completely dry after toner before applying Retin A.

ACV is extremely harsh unless it is very diluted. AHA on top of Retin A is also very harsh and some believe that the two actives cannot be used together because the AHA will deactivate the Retin-A. I believe used together can be irritating and disrupt the skin barrier, which sounds like your "coating."

The ACV toner with glycerin will dry out your skin unless you are applying a moisturizer on top as glycerin pulls moisture either from your skin or a moisturizer.

There are many excellent threads on this board by very knowledgeable contributors on how to use Retin A, AHA, and layering actives - do a search and you can read in depth about these topics.

In the meantime, stop the actives for a few days to a week so your skin barrier can heal and then start off slowly with the AHA in the morning and Retin-A at night 1-3 times a week. If dry, then moisturize well, ideally half an hour or more after you applied Retin A. I would drop the ACV and get a gentle toner.
Hi! Thank you for your advice, Like yourself, Someone on another thread did give me some sound advice as well. I have stopped the Apple Cider Vinegar totally and the 'coating' has subsided. I guess it really was too harsh for my skin and was not and should not be used in conjunction with Retin A...at least or me. My skin is doing so much better now,no coating, no rash I am just looking forward to some really good results. This is my third week. I have some hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks and I am desirous of this lightening to the point where I do not find it necessary to wear foundation. I am thinking about adding Hydroquinone to my regimen. I read that it can boost the Retin A. I hope it works. Thanks again.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Use the Panasonic ionic nano steamer as often as you can.

The step between Cleanser and Toner for 3 minutes.

Then Tone and moisturise.

Best one for your concern

ELEMIS PRO COLLAGEN
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Moisturizing mask is often used to replenish skin's moisture. Dry skin needs water most. After making moisturizing mask regularly, you will notice that the skin is no longer dry.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |