Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
seraphling

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I want to give my thanks to this product i have been using last year.This is a truly amazing and all-natural product that plumps up my skin, tightens my pores, and make my oily skin soft and clean. And the smell is divine, too.I think it's a mirical to oily/combaint skin.
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:11 am      Reply with quote
it does not work for my combination skin
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:23 am      Reply with quote
It does not work for me !!! Rolling Eyes
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:35 am      Reply with quote
What do you mean - it didn't work for you? It is mostly an antioxidant so my figuring is even if you have dry skin or oily skin it is going to fight free radicals to prevent further damage?

I suppose a large part of it is knowing folks original skin type and what their skin issues are. I noticed you post a lot of comments recently without sharing why things were good or bad and that's somewhat confusing.
xiyue wrote:
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I always use rosewater balancing mist of Jurlique then make Herbal Recovery Gel on my face. And my face became so red. Seems to be allergic to it. But it turns ok next day. It is said it has soothing effect. But I think isn't the same as the description. what's wrong with this?can you tell me what's wrong

TheresaMary wrote:
What do you mean - it didn't work for you? It is mostly an antioxidant so my figuring is even if you have dry skin or oily skin it is going to fight free radicals to prevent further damage?

I suppose a large part of it is knowing folks original skin type and what their skin issues are. I noticed you post a lot of comments recently without sharing why things were good or bad and that's somewhat confusing.
xiyue wrote:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Are you 100% sure it was those products that caused that reaction? Often times unless we are cautious – we can think something has caused a reaction and it can be a multitude of other things. However if those two products were the only new thing you used – then its likely you may be allergic or sensitive to one of the ingredients within those products. However you said specifically that HRG didn’t work for you – so I was curious as to what you were expecting and what issues you were dealing with. Don’t get me wrong – I like Jurlique products – but often times when I see people saying something didn’t work – they often (like you) don’t share what it was. The fact you use the Rosewater first – means it could just as well be the rosewater that caused that rather than the recovery gel. The recovery gel is an antioxidant based gel meaning it fights free radicals and prevents them from creating further damage – which is why your statement confused me. I knew the product would fight free radicals – so it would definitely be working just probably not in a way you can see it.

xiyue wrote:
I always use rosewater balancing mist of Jurlique then make Herbal Recovery Gel on my face. And my face became so red. Seems to be allergic to it. But it turns ok next day. It is said it has soothing effect. But I think isn't the same as the description. what's wrong with this?can you tell me what's wrong
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:24 am      Reply with quote
To:TheresaMary
I just want to express my view immediately. But I feel sorry to confuse you
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Sure nothing wrong with sharing views - but please don't make statements like that without explanation. You said specifically "It does not work for me !!!" and that can mean a lot of different things. Its likely that it did its job of fighting free radicals but maybe didn't give you what you thought it would. Likewise it could just as well have been the toner too.

xiyue wrote:
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ok.I will pay attention.Thank for your pointing.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

xiyue wrote:

THERESA, Where is the antioxidants in this?

I am commenting not only based on its mediocre formula consisting of a sprinkle of random selection of plant oils and extracts clued together by gelling agents, but also from first-hand experience as I have been given plenty of this whilst travelling on Cathay Pacific Business Class. IT DOES NOTHING FOR THE SKIN....PERIOD. Exactly as XIYUE has said.

Niacinamide would be the ONLY beneficial ingredient and it is featured in many inexpensive products. Try Olay Regenerist for a superior formulation.

Each person has a different communication style and you need only to read and assess each review for yourself. If a review is not helpful to you, simply move on to the next review.

< mod snip >

Water, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Niacinamide, Propanediol, Saccharide Isomerate, Magnesium Silicate, Squalane, Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Albizia julibrissin Bark Extract, Evodia rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa canina Fruit Oil, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea officinalis Root Extract, Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract, Rosa gallica Flower Extract, Calendula officinalis Flower Extract, Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract, Echinacea purpurea Extract, Viola tricolor Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Lavandula angustifolia Flower Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Taraxacum officinale Extract, Sambucus nigra Flower Extract, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Prunus persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Carrageenan, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sea Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cellulose Gum, Fragrance/Parfum*, Cetearyl Glucoside, SD Alcohol 40-A (Alcohol Denat.), Phospholipids, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Limonene*. *From natural essential oil (Rose, Chamomile).
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
xiyue wrote:

Dear Xiyue,
I don't feel you need to apologize to Theresa. You need not change your writing style to please everybody.

If something does NOTHING for the skin, it does nothing for the skin. Nothing else needs to be said.

Good luck.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Sorry as you mentioned my name specifically I feel its important to answer you. As said to the previous poster if someone has a negative review and posts something like it does NOTHING for the SKIN - then its helpful to explain why particularly as this forum is visited by many people. I'm sorry to but to single me out for posting a comment is nothing more than bullying.

arielstar08 wrote:
I don't feel you need to apologize to Theresa. You need not change your writing style to please everybody.

If something does NOTHING for the skin, it does nothing for the skin. Nothing else needs to be said.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I agree with TheresMary 100 percent. There are too many posters here that are not reading the part about posting content being of actual value, not just to run your posts up ugh.
That said, she is right. Why didn't you like or dislike it, work for you, skin type etc. Just any explanation that helps the reader in choosing this product or not. That is helpful content.
On another note and back to the original post,I do like the recovery serum. I have rosacea and I find it is very calming and makes the face feel soft. I use it at night after cleansing. The fragrance is very subtle. I would def reorder once it is empty.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 am      Reply with quote
it does not work for my combination skin
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2018 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I do not like it at all. Doesn’t do anything on my skin
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2018 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Xiyue was most gracious and I really appreciated her response and comments after I pointed out that information like "it doesn't work for me" won't help others make an informed decision. She went into great detail which I did thank her for - privately.

I am not simply asking that anyone who posts comments to expand upon things a little more. This has been a repeated request not just from myself but others. There is nothing wrong with sharing views but its more helpful to give a lot of information about why you are disappointed in something rather than just saying "it doesn't work for me".
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |