Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
too many skin care products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sophie22
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using only toner and moisturizing cream so far, but I saw that my friends are using many kinds of skin care products, such as emulsion, nourishing cream, eye cream….. I can’t even remember the names. What is the differences between these products? Should I use all of them too?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could explain it to you but I don't know too... If you get more information please update to let me know. Razz
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am at my mature age now. Based on my experience,
work produces result if you choose things correctly and do it properly. The chances are we sometimes do not pick up the right things and do not apply it in proper way.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
sophie22 wrote:
I have been using only toner and moisturizing cream so far, but I saw that my friends are using many kinds of skin care products, such as emulsion, nourishing cream, eye cream….. I can’t even remember the names. What is the differences between these products? Should I use all of them too?

It really depends on how old you are and if you have skin problems that you need to correct.
Younger people can probably get away with a good cleanser, toner is optional depending on the cleanser (some companies recommend a toner with their cleanser), an exfoliator twice a week if your skin is congested, a moisturiser and sunscreen. If the moisturiser can be used near the eyes that is fine, otherwise a light eye product can also be added.
Sounds like a lot but there are many of us oldies who really wished we had taken better care of our skin when we were younger.
I know that many people use a range of products from different manufacturers but sometimes this can cause problems if you get into the trap of using too many and they are incompatible with one another. I would suggest starting with products from just one company and see how you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:31 am      Reply with quote
sophie22 wrote:

Yeah, it does depend on your age and what you need to correct or maintain..
But instead of just buying a brand or doing what ads say or friends do you might want to research different ingredients and discover what they can do for you. Also research the science behind the ingredients and not just go by the claims.
It's difficult enough to juggle different procedures (dermarollers, microcurrent etc) but I do try to keep my daily product routines fairly simple. I don't use an eye cream or a toner right now, for instance.
But I do switch things up a little from time to time and discover new things. I just try to figure out what seems to work for me with the least complications.
Sometimes it's easiest to know what really works if you're not using 20 products at the same time.
You also end up with less products just sitting on the counter full of stuff you'll never need..and maybe your mornings and evenings won't be so crowded for you to meet or end the day.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:09 am      Reply with quote
The absolute musts (bare minimum)are clean skin (cleanser) and sunscreen to protect. If your sunscreen is not moisturizing; add a moisturizer where needed. You can use your moisturizer under your eyes.

I know what ingredients work for me and what ingredients to avoid. I don't use a complete line but pick the best products for me. Sunscreen takes a lot of research.

I add NEW products one at a time. I patch test. I also look for simple, effective products and a full ingredient list. I do read the ingredient list and want to avoid fragrance, silicones, plants/botanicals and certain actives (ie BP = benzyl peroxide).

5% products discount

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was searching for a good explanation of each skin care product’s functions, and I found out the one from the go-iaso website. I’ve never heard about this cosmetic brand, but I think that its products are good as well because the ingredients seem safe and the skin types that their products work well for is same as my skin type.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Here is the company website.

http://iasocosmetics.com/common/intro_01.php

I don't see an ingredient list. The first product the booster lists AHA/BHA and tree tea oil.

I think I can find more effective skin care products on EDS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could explain it to you but I don't know too
nick850914
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 am      Reply with quote
just choose what you need
CassieLyons
5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on which product you choose they clean, exfoliate, moisturize, prime skin, anti-wrinkle, sunscreen, etc. Different products work for different skin and different ages.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:02 am      Reply with quote
What best is fit you best. Don't care.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
A few things. If you start caring for you skin now.. you will be wrinkle free as you get older. It all depends how much it matters to you.

1. sunscreen is the number one thing that will keep you from aging. So, look at mineral powder foundations with spf of 15 or 30. Or use a sunscreen. i actually like lubiderms 30 spf.

2. Find a skin care line you like and buy the basics. use the expertise of the person behind the counter. I personally never used expensive cleansers and toners.. I use Cerva cleanser and moisturize from Walgreens. I put my money into a nice serum with antioxidants and anti aging properties. I've used skinscuticals, retin A Obaji, and Copper Peptides over the years with great success.

oh. and i swear by my clarsonic for cleansing and exfoliating my face and making my products absorb more. But cell turnover ..ie: exfoliating your face does help keep it fresh and young looking.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
A few things. If you start caring for you skin now.. you will be wrinkle free as you get older. It all depends how much it matters to you.

1. sunscreen is the number one thing that will keep you from aging. So, look at mineral powder foundations with spf of 15 or 30. Or use a sunscreen. i actually like lubiderms 30 spf.

2. Find a skin care line you like and buy the basics. use the expertise of the person behind the counter. I personally never used expensive cleansers and toners.. I use Cerva cleanser and moisturize from Walgreens. I put my money into a nice serum with antioxidants and anti aging properties. I've used skinscuticals, retin A Obaji, and Copper Peptides over the years with great success.

oh. and i swear by my clarsonic for cleansing and exfoliating my face and making my products absorb more. But cell turnover ..ie: exfoliating your face does help keep it fresh and young looking.

Quote:

If you start caring for you skin now.. you will be wrinkle free as you get older. It all depends how much it matters to you.

This is absolutely false. You will have nicer skin but to think you will have no wrinkles is impossible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I layer about 5-6 different products on my skin, depends upon what I am doing too. Sometimes I am going through extra exfoliation and need extra layers of moisture, SPF etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I prefer to stick to product from one brand at a time. I had experience when you use product from different brand and they do not match well. Or they will have some type of chemical reaction will result in poor performance of both products.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I probably have items from at least 15 different skincare brands, but I never use much at once.
usually a cleanser at night, toner if my skin feels oily or summertime.

In the morning I just use a toner then moisturizer, sunscreen or makeup w spf like tinted moisturizer.

A light eye gel and sometimes at night an eye cream-more in winter than summer.

I have a couple face masks I like too.

For eye cream it has to be fragrance-free w no acids and not heavy-there is a couple brands I like.
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
For me you don't need too many skin care products. As much as possible try sticking to natural products if you know one. Though for me I used cream before also for my face but still I use natural home made products. I use face mask but only for anti aging and for minimal pores.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
No. You can do yourself. What is best is fit you best. But in my opinion eye cream you can have a try.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I only use brands that are a minimum of 70% organic and uses anti-aging ingredients.

Luxuruy brands like E. Lauder, Dior, La Mer, Chanel, have to many toxic ingredients that get into your blood.

I get excellent results with no skin irritation and I have no wrinkles or fine lines at my age, but I am a skin care addict! haha
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I probably have items from at least 15 different skincare brands, but I never use much at once.
usually a cleanser at night, toner if my skin feels oily or summertime.

In the morning I just use a toner then moisturizer, sunscreen or makeup w spf like tinted moisturizer.

A light eye gel and sometimes at night an eye cream-more in winter than summer.

I have a couple face masks I like too.

For eye cream it has to be fragrance-free w no acids and not heavy-there is a couple brands I like.

Ottawa: I total do the same thing!
For Pharmaceutical skin care, I go with IS Clinical, Skinceutical, Nia24 and Strivectin

For Natural, I use Decleor, Darphin and Elemis

Eye cream: La prairie

I use one toner (Orlane) and one eye makeup remove (Clarins Gentle Eye makeup remover)

but have a few favourite facial cleansers depending on my mood and skin needs eg Emma Hardie, La-Roch Posay Micellar water some Clarins as well.

I know I sound totally confused but I just can't sticky with only one belief or philosophy in skin care.

Enjoy!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:44 am      Reply with quote
sophie22 wrote:

sophie22: How old are you and what are your MAIN skin concerns? For a bundle of products (eg cleanser/ toner/ moisturizer/ eye cream/ exfoliant/serum and mask), how much in TOTAL would you spend?
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 am      Reply with quote
sophie22 wrote:

haha, that is a good question!
it really depend on your budget and how much time you have in the morning and evening for skin care..

for me on a busy morning, i wish i can have more, but i only have time for a cream
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:00 am      Reply with quote
No you don't have to use all of them. It depends on your skin type as to whats necessary.

Some things are just marketed to make us think we need them. For example eye creams are usually not necessary at all. If you are moisturizing with an oil you can use that same oil to moisturize your eyes too. Also you will notice that sometime eye creams can make things worse not better because of all the ingredients in them.

It really depends on your skin type, age and what issues you are dealing with.
sophie22 wrote:
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
No you don't have to use all of them. It depends on your skin type as to whats necessary.

Some things are just marketed to make us think we need them. For example eye creams are usually not necessary at all. If you are moisturizing with an oil you can use that same oil to moisturize your eyes too. Also you will notice that sometime eye creams can make things worse not better because of all the ingredients in them.

It really depends on your skin type, age and what issues you are dealing with.
sophie22 wrote:

i agree with you - i think the eye cream is usually so such a small jar and can totally be replaced by facial cream
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |