Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Can anyone recommend a sunscreen for face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a sunscreen for face that can effectively protect the skin against UVA, with a rather light texture for dry skin that prone to occasional breakout. Thanks!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
ive read good things about Cyberderm simply zinc sunwhip spf30 and Skincentuals physical UV defense. on my buy list after i finish my PTR UV milk.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:
I'm looking for a sunscreen for face that can effectively protect the skin against UVA, with a rather light texture for dry skin that prone to occasional breakout. Thanks!

This is the one I have used "Shade All-Natural Sunscreen SPF25 - Unscented - Only 4 Ingredients - Available in 3 Sizes: 15ml, 100ml & 200ml" I bought it off amazon, uk, I don't know if they will ship to the US. It has worked well for me, my skin is olive & I am originally from Singapore so very similar type skin to yours except that yours is possibly much fairer than mine.
nene
5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2017 7:56 am      Reply with quote
My two favs are Paula's Choice SPF 30 Resist Superlight and Australian Gold SPF 50 tinted for face. Both are sourced from zinc. I am very picky about sunscreen and hate it if they are greasy or leave a white cast. These are both winners for me. I like the Australian Gold the best as the price for what you get is really reasonable.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals ultra facial defense is great stuff. I layer over topix replenix zinc spf.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
sarahleone
5% products discount

Sun May 28, 2017 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the Paula's Choice sunscreen is good. I also like how it's tinted.

Suntegrity makes a really good, tinted SPF that is very moisturizing. I also like the SPF 50 from MyChelle. It's more matte so you'll need a moisturizer underneath, but it's excellent. Elta MD also makes some wonderful sunscreens both tinted and clear.
amber_flower
5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2017 10:15 am      Reply with quote
+1 Paula's Choice sunscreen
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Wed May 31, 2017 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Agree Puala's choice is the things other than that Mad Hippie will also be a good choice
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:43 am      Reply with quote
To those who you use Paula's Choice

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6537083&highlight=#6537083

Zinc Oxide (13%, Nano, broad spectrum sunscreen agent)
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:

I am hoping you meant to say protection against UVA and UVB... otherwise it's pointless

Try

SVR Laboratoires 50+ Ultra Max Sunscreen
Size: 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz

It contains a good combination of PHYSICAL and CHEMICAL sunscreen with HIGH faction of 50+. Don't be deterred by the "tint" in the product as it goes on super sheer. Its function is to make the cream skin-colour rather than white.
Because it is NOT oil-free, it spreads nicely but will give you a dewy finish.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 am      Reply with quote
NCN Professional sunscreen is my new favorite every day sunscreen. It is lightweight and effective and makes my skin feel soft, not sticky. I hate the feel of anything on my skin and this I love. From the website: OurPhysical Sunscreen SPF 32 is an antioxidant rich, full spectrum sunblock with UVA & UVB protection. Designed for all skin types, our anti-aging formula prevents melanin production and fades existing age spots and sun damage while inhibiting the enzymes that break down collagen.

Our exclusive NCN formula is the perfect product to protect your face, neck and décolleté from sun damage. Though strong, it will not leave a white cast on your skin at all. It’s non-greasy and goes on completely clear – guaranteed!
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:

i recomend shiseido su sunscreen for baby- its completely mineral based.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I think you need to try Lakme Sun Expert SPF 30 PA++ Ultra Matte Lotion. It’s a great sunscreen for summer which prevents tanning due to sun.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Takayama wrote:

Don't know if you are still looking but thought you may want to read this:
https://www.ratzillacosme.com/sun/japan-pa-system-for-uva-protection-revised/
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 am      Reply with quote
This Lakme lotion is the best sunscreen lotion And and has one of the highest SPF, 50 PA++++! It’s light weight unlike other sunscreens, which are known to be thick and heavy on the skin. This makes it one of the best sunscreens for face in India too.
AudreyHouston

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I recently read an article that talks about why Asian sunscreens are SO MUCH BETTER than our sunscreens. It turns out, American sunscreens only protect from cancer-causing elements, which is great, but they actually don't protect us from wrinkles or dark spots.
I can hear your mouth dropping right now.
It turns out, Asian & European sunscreens also have a rating system that tells you how much UVB protection you get, here you only know how much UVA protection you get.
In the end, the article recommends one by Biore, and it's available on Amazon, so you don't have to travel to Japan to get it, although that sounds fun!

5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
The best one I just found is the brand SVR Sun secure Blur SPF50+ 50ml

The best one ever, seriously, so easy to apply, it's like putting on a normal hydrating cream, and it also blurs some of your pores that what's I noticed. It smells so good too and the texture of the cream is seriously great. I'm going to always buy this one from now on and I highly recommend it (I also have dry skin, it works superbly)

ps: I think it's a french brand
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 am      Reply with quote
AudreyHouston wrote:
I recently read an article that talks about why Asian sunscreens are SO MUCH BETTER than our sunscreens. It turns out, American sunscreens only protect from cancer-causing elements, which is great, but they actually don't protect us from wrinkles or dark spots.
I can hear your mouth dropping right now.
It turns out, Asian & European sunscreens also have a rating system that tells you how much UVB protection you get, here you only know how much UVA protection you get.
In the end, the article recommends one by Biore, and it's available on Amazon, so you don't have to travel to Japan to get it, although that sounds fun!

Yes, Europe has Mexoryl SX AND XL to use along with the mighty Tinsorb S and Tinsorb M ( I am love with the latter which according to research is the best we have on the market today in terms of anti-aging):

"Research shows that Tinosorb M is the best anti-aging (i.e., UVA1-blocking) filter available, with high (~20%) zinc oxide being a close second. Using either filter (or even Uvinul A Plus or Mexoryl SX, if one so chooses) in one’s daily skincare regimen will go a long way prevent sun-associated skin aging."

A lot of my friends in the States order European sunscreens (such as Avene) from France.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2018 1:16 am      Reply with quote
There are lots of Avene sunscreen available. Which one is the best for face? I’m Asian with fair skin, and easy to get freckles if not protect my face well
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Avene pills after it drys. I didn’t like this product at all. My favourite is alway Paula’s Choice.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Avene pills after it drys. I didn’t like thus product at all. My favourite is alway Paula’s Choice.
barbiH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I love Shiseido spf's too. My face's favorite is the spf 40 cream....perfect for my combo skin.

A little whitening when you first apply it but it disappears as you press it on.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Which Paula’s Choice sunscreen would you recommend? I’m looking for a UV screen that can block deep UVA.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
They’re all very good but I really like the Resist tinted spf. Leaves skin semi matte. I also like the Calm spf.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
They’re all very good but I really like the Resist tinted spf. Leaves skin semi matte. I also like the Calm spf.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |